Room Service Tipping

micbooth

OK. I always post serious questions, and my opinions. I do not require people to respond to my input. Also, I do not believe in karma. That is a joke.

Oh no my lunatic friend... THAT is not the joke in all of this :rolleyes:

You don't have to believe in karma... just because you don't believe doesn't mean it won't smack ya in the arse :D:D

Like I stated before, if I ever receive great service, and I mean 100% superb likeI would come back every day of my life, then I would tip a maximum of 10% of the bill, after all discounts/coupons, and other things that make the price lower.

Now let me get this straight: You say if you like the service 100% that you would come back every day of your life and only tip 10%. Hope you have not done this. Because I hate to burst your bubble but you would be getting more stuff on your plate than what you ordered:o And I'm not talking about food:eek:

You don't have to believe in karma... just because you don't believe doesn't mean it won't smack ya in the arse :D:D

What I meant was it is not real. Luck, and life events, is what may happen. But it is called life. If something happens to me, that is just a series of events. Karma is a joke. No single database keeps track of all of the people in the world and what they do.

Ah. I am not a child--let me tell you the way I think: These people want to serve me, that is why they are in the business. They should not be rewarded for something they choose to do. People who I pay are my servants. That is why they are paid.

Ah, I see. They may not want to serve you though. They might be stuck with you. Most people know/understand/care that they get a very small hourly wage and work for tips. Should they be rewarded just for being there? No. But if they do their jobs well they should get something in return. It's just the way it works. If you go out to eat and the bill is $20 what is an extra $4 on top of that?

Some people work these service type jobs for reasons we may never know. I worked as a server while I was in college because the hours worked with my classes and with the babysitting options I had. We shouldn't assume these people want to be there or could just up and leave at any time if they wanted. I'm sure some have options, but we can't assume that about all of them.

I would not like that,so that is why I am not in the business. If I wanted, I could work as a cashier and make more. Or, I could work on commission, and make more, if for some reason that was ever needed.

Like I stated before, if I ever receive great service, and I mean 100% superb likeI would come back every day of my life, then I would tip a maximum of 10% of the bill, after all discounts/coupons, and other things that make the price lower.

You are saying that you do not tip when going to restaurants. I assume you make the people in your party tip your share. If you have a significant other...What is their opinion on your pennypinching? Do you not allow certain items to be ordered? Do you drink water only? Do you only eat out with coupons? I am not bashing you but I cannot imagine an adult male that would behave in this manner. If you are still a child I understand and hope you will learn to be more giving and understanding to others as you age.

Now let me get this straight: You say if you like the service 100% that you would come back every day of your life and only tip 10%. Hope you have not done this. Because I hate to burst your bubble but you would be getting more stuff on your plate than what you ordered:o And I'm not talking about food:eek:

Umm...That is why I tip after them meal.

You are saying that you do not tip when going to restaurants. I assume you make the people in your party tip your share. If you have a significant other...What is their opinion on your pennypinching? Do you not allow certain items to be ordered? Do you drink water only? Do you only eat out with coupons? I am not bashing you but I cannot imagine an adult male that would behave in this manner. If you are still a child I understand and hope you will learn to be more giving and understanding to others as you age.

He is just yankin our chain. Believe me if he acted this way everytime he went out......they would start refusing him service. Remember it's up to the owners descreption to serve or not to serve;)

He is just yankin our chain. Believe me if he acted this way everytime he went out......they would start refusing him service. Remember it's up to the owners descreption to serve or not to serve;)

Your right rvrgirl...I should know better:cool:

ROTFL! :D That was a good one!

(BTW auburn77- I lived in B'ham (Hoover) for 7 years. I bet the weather's nice and warm right about now!)

Thanks. I just get a little sick of crazi, but remember, he's got to be a very lonely person. He can't have many friends(if any). You do things for friends. But by his own admission, he only looks out for #1(and #1 only). He says the Golden Rule(he probably doesn't know, or want to know, what the real Golden Rule says)is "the customer is always right", but he actually means it is "me,me,me".

We also live in Hoover and,yes,the weather down here is great.

We are leaving on the Miracle tomorrow and have decided for the first time to get room service for breakfast.

How much do you usually tip?

Mick

If I get just get coffee - I tip $1.00, for more than that I usually give $3.00.

GoinCruisin - I loved your response........."no my lunatic friend". LOL

Everyone, just use your ignore button.. this sort of thing happened last year with this poster, and then he came around saying it was someone else pretending to be him (uh huh)... The username, it is LITERAL ;)

Where is that? When I click the name, I just get options to view profile (um, no thanks), view other messages (thanks, I've seen enough) and add to buddy list (heh, you're joking, right?).

WHERE IS IGNORE? :)

Where is that? When I click the name, I just get options to view profile (um, no thanks), view other messages (thanks, I've seen enough) and add to buddy list (heh, you're joking, right?).

WHERE IS IGNORE? :)

Also, when you click on their profile, you will see where it says "add to your buddy list" and then "add to your ignore list" or something like that!!!!! I don't have many on my list... but I do have a few :D

Also, when you click on their profile, you will see where it says "add to your buddy list" and then "add to your ignore list" or something like that!!!!! I don't have many on my list... but I do have a few :D
-------------------Just hides that persons messages on the thread pretty cool ----You know i did a little investigating on this person and its a She from Boston or it one of her sons messing around but the tipping thing been going on a long time with this person and actually some people know this persons real name and face from other cruises to alaska and what have you and this person has had this tipping thing going on for like 2 years now so dont woory about it ---Its never going to end with this one!!

Leave crazydude alone. What he/she fails to realize is that experienced service people are acutely aware of their enviroment and can read their customers acurately and quickly. THEY KNOW he's/she's going to stiff them. No doubt he/she has eaten some really strange and disgusting stuff [sp?] and will continue to be served with an evil smile. Wonder what all the room steward has cleaned with craz's toothbrush. gag!

Dan

Leave crazydude alone. What he/she fails to realize is that experienced service people are acutely aware of their enviroment and can read their customers acurately and quickly. THEY KNOW he's/she's going to stiff them. No doubt he/she has eaten some really strange and disgusting stuff [sp?] and will continue to be served with an evil smile. Wonder what all the room steward has cleaned with craz's toothbrush. gag!

Dan

We can only hope that the room steward used his/her toothbrush to clean. LOL

Archived