Site that shows available cabins

Leslieswiger

There used to be a site that showed available cabins on cruises, including Princess.

Can anyone tell me if this site still exist?:confused:

Thanking you all in advance.

Happy sailings...Leslie:)

The Princess web site now shows a selection of available cabins when booking a cruise. You can select the cruise, your cabin preference (e.g. balcony) and then the category and it will show you typically 4 possibilities. You can go through the process without actually booking anything, then cancel if you want.

For other lines I've seen "available cabins" from online TA's - but we're not supposed to be recommending those... Try the "cruise agencies" link just below the title bar on this CC page (above)

There used to be a site that showed available cabins on cruises, including Princess. Can anyone tell me if this site still exist?:confused: Thanking you all in advance. Happy sailings...Leslie:)

So you are asking if a major company will provide you with their sales information. :confused: Why would Princess or any other cruise line want to share that publicly.

Sure they have to tell there stockholders certain financial information, and they may even provide their "occupancy" rate. But to expect them to say, for instance, state that their sales for Alaska this year are way behind expectations and their ships are not filling up so everyone can wait for the fire sale, is expecting a lot. ;)

Those sites I believe you are referring to, and I remember seeing them and could cite their URLs, only showed the cabins (which were few) they were selling that were still available. :(

On Expedia, if you go through the process like you are booking a cabin, you first select your category, then it will show all cabins in that category by deck, pick the deck, and it will show that deck with all cabins in that category, the ones available have stars. At least that is how it worked a couple of months ago.

So you are asking if a major company will provide you with their sales information. :confused: Why would Princess or any other cruise line want to share that publicly.... :(
Perhaps so the could sell those still-empty cabins!;)

BTW -- I checked on expedia, and yes, it still shows the deck plan with available cabins.

All the major on-line booking sites have some form of cabin selection information. The diff between them is that some are real-time and others used 'cached' information which can be hours old.

That's ONE reason why - on some sites - you see a great airfare, go to book it and are told 'sorry, the price has gone up'... all in a matter of 60 seconds.

-----Burton

On Expedia, if you go through the process like you are booking a cabin, you first select your category, then it will show all cabins in that category by deck, pick the deck, and it will show that deck with all cabins in that category, the ones available have stars. At least that is how it worked a couple of months ago.
Suzanne, FYI they are not showing you ALL available cabins, just UP TO ~8-9 that hold the number of passengers you indicated. There may be more available, but they won't show ALL of them. When they show less than 6, you can be fairly sure those are the last 6 or so left in that category for that number of passengers. But be aware that what they show you can be limited both by # of passengers (they often don't show an available triple cabin to 2 passenger booking requests) AND by # of cabins (they will give you a selection to choose from, but not ALL AVAILABLE cabins)

Suzanne, FYI they are not showing you ALL available cabins, just UP TO ~8-9 that hold the number of passengers you indicated. There may be more available, but they won't show ALL of them. When they show less than 6, you can be fairly sure those are the last 6 or so left in that category for that number of passengers. But be aware that what they show you can be limited both by # of passengers (they often don't show an available triple cabin to 2 passenger booking requests) AND by # of cabins (they will give you a selection to choose from, but not ALL AVAILABLE cabins)

Thats right, the travel agencies and the Princess website won't show all available cabins. When I booked my next cruise, my travel agent phoned Princess and got me a better cabin than what was listed on their website.

Perhaps so the could sell those still-empty cabins!;)

ECON 101 - The Law of Supply and Demand. It is to Princess's advantage to create a picture there is low supply, thus the price can be kept up while there is still demand. When the demand does not meet the supply the price has to go down. That is when you see the special offers.

BTW -- I checked on expedia, and yes, it still shows the deck plan with available cabins.

BTW - I agree with the posts that expedia can not show all available cabins because they don't have to complete picture.

Archived