Scavenger Hunt aboard ship

judimouse

queen mum,

i think the challenge is what leads to the fun! stick a few bright women together and they'll get it, once one group gets it the others will follow suit.

don't worry. i think the red feathers are going to be more difficult.

:-) but, aren't you worried a red hatter will see your posting and bring all the supplies on board?

lisa

The hunt will last from 9 am until 3 PM. Most of the ladies do not move fast so I want them to have enough time.

Why would the Captains' Cocktail party planners want to know about the hunt?

You can join us as we had one jump ship. Work will not let her off and my roommate is moving into that room leaving me short a roommate.

Outside cabin, October 25th, Monarch of the Sea.

So do you want to join us?

QM judimouse

Bodacious Babes Chapter RHS

Phoenix, AZ

http://www.redhatphx.com

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe not? The captain of the first cruise I took, on Crystal, was a very stern, formal man. I found him very abrupt and intimidating. In retrospect, after 7 other cruises, I can find the humour but then I just felt uncomfortable. On the Harmony, smaller ship, captain invited smaller groups to his quarters for the cocktail party. It was very posh, and very formal. Gloves on gowned ladies type of posh. Though nowadays, I'm beginning to think my grandmothers knew something. I digressed. Sorry.

I made the mistake of a landlubber. While chatting to the captain, I attempted to compliment him. I said something like "You command a beautiful boat." He looked down (his 6 ft 4 in to my 5 ft 2) and growled, "Ship, Madam."

I had to ask others what my faux pas had been.

However, I've since sailed on other ships where the stiff, old world captains, have been replaced by very personable, approachable captains, who even ask that you use their first name. Do you know which kind you have? If it's Captain Stiff and Formal, Nnnnoo, but if it's Captain Jovial and Fun, he'll likely not find 60 people asking for his autograph at the first "meet the captain party" annoying. He might even join in, and try to have you earn his 'favor'. But, these guys have tight schedules, so a heads up to his social secretary might let him prepare by pre-signing 60 napkins which he only gives to those who know the secret code, handshake, greeting etc.

By the way, I was told that a 'SHIP' is a vessel which carries a 'BOAT' I guess I'd demoted him! Hurt his feelings. Oh well. Stuff happens. That was a great cruise and I've dined out on that story since. :D

• 1 month later...

We were on a cruise once, when a group was having a Scavenger Hunt aboard the ship!!

At first it was kind of fun watching all of them searching for their items, but after awhile we all got tired of them asking for the items, not once but several times.

So I think you should do something else to entertain one another.

Just my opinion!!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When we were on RC's Legend of the Seas, they had "The Quest"...Things like:

A picture of the white house (US currency has it)

A set of black teeth (men's comb)

Things like that, they weren't only funny, you had to THINK, before figuring out what they were looking for...:)

:p

• 3 weeks later...

:This looks great Hope you have fun. I have run several scavenger hunts. I think you should have at least 2 judges at the beginning of this. Keeping you free and clear of everything.

We had a mouse on the list. Now here's were it gets fun. (Some of us like to think outside the box.)Give the judges a chance to award pts or bonus pts. One group brought a mouse from their computer. Great ... 20 pts.

One group actually brought us a dead mouse . :eek: 50 pts. Hands down Have fun .

Archived