Zenith Disembarkment time in Bayonne

jcpc

A question for recent Zenith cruisers......what time did the Zenith start disembarkment upon your return to Bayonne? Trying to figure out what time to have the limo come pick us up. (I remember when Zenith sailed from New York, disembarkment usually started quite late....around 10:00 am. Hopefully, coming back into Bayonne rather than New York City has sped up the time of disembarkment!) Any recent experiences would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Just arrived back yesterday. We docked at 8:00 a.m. As non-Americans we had to be checked by US customs officials who arrived at 8:20. We had a 1:30 flight out of Laguardia and were the first group to disembark. We were told to meet at 9:15 for a 9:30 disembarkation which was actually 9:50 when we walked off the ship. Our friends who were staying overnight in New York were in the last group to disembark and told to meet for 10:20 and disembark at 10:35. Disembarkation went very smoothly for us. You walk off the ship (down about 30 steps) and take a shuttle bus to the luggage holding area. We caught a taxi at 10:10 ($85 + tolls) and made it to Laguardia in 60 minutes.

Lynn

We got ogg yesterday, too.

Being one of the last colors to disembark (light blue - scheduled to meet at 10:10 and disembark slightly after that), several people ended up missed flights because of the delay with immigration. I suugest springing for a red cap...you breeze right through customs... I would definitely suggest arranging your own limo since many of the later colors had to wait a long time for taxis. There are not enough and they are busy bringing people to the ships which takes extra time. We didn't get a cab until 11:45 and then they actually pooled about 10 of us into a van since they didn't have enough cab drivers. People who had the celebrity arranged shuttle didn't have to wait at all.

Hi Linda & Jeff! That other United guy and I made our flight just fine, and I got home with all my stuff.

I was in one of the first groups to get off the boat, but I had left my purse on board in the lounge and so had to wait nearly an hour to get it back. That put me in the same van that Linda & Jeff mentioned.

Usually, I never buy the Celebrity transfer vouchers. However, I would definitely make an exception for Cape Liberty. Inbound from Newark Airport is fine -- just walk out the terminal and grab a cab. But the return from Cape Liberty is nearly a nightmare. Pre-book a bus transfer from Celebrity going in that direction and you will be directed to a big bus and won't have to wait in line outside forever while the taxi dispatcher figures out how to get everyone to where they want to go. I was really afraid I'd miss my flight because the group going to Newark Airport had to wait so long -- my flight was at 1:20pm. IF I had been able to get a cab right away, I would have had no worries at all -- even if I were in the last debarkation group. But due to lack of cabs it was a bit of a nail-biting experience.

So do yourself a favor, and spring for the transfer, even though it's more expensive than two people in a cab or being part of a shared van. Just having the bus there and waiting for you when you get off this ship is worth it.

Archived