Aft FV Cabins on Century

Faygelah

We are looking at the Westbound Transatlantic crossing of the Century for December 2007. It's a 17 day cruise with ports in Morocco and the Canary Islands. I'm dying to be able to say I was in Africa! I've been offered a FV room (there will be just two of us) on the ninth deck aft. Has anybody had any experience with these? Has anyone heard how these cabins might be modified during the renovation? Is there vibration and noise?

Thanks.

PD

FV aft cabins on Deck 9 are great since they're sandwiched between two decks of cabins so noise from the Crystal Nightclub (Deck 7) or the Buffet (Deck 11) isn't a problem as it is in FV cabins on Deck 8 and 10. The FV cabins are roomy and have lots of storage space but the one drawback (and I'm not sure if this is going to be rectified during the rebuild) is that the double bed is cornered against two walls - one at the head, the other at the side - making it a bit awkward for the person sleeping against the wall to get in and out. Also, the television (prior to the rebuild) is in the sitting area of the cabin and not visible from the sleeping area (not sure if they're changing the set up during the rebuild). There is some vibration when pulling into or out of port (if you're a light sleeper it may provide an early wake-up call) but it lasts a very few minutes and may, in fact, no longer pose a problem once the rebuild is complete.

Since the ship has been entirely gutted, it's hard to say exactly what the configuration will be when they are done. The FO cabins do have balconies now so I'm sure they have changed the layout of the interior as well. It won't be long til we see.

I have booked a Century FV (9245) for April 2007 and have been reivewing the photos of the rebuild. I had hoped the staircase next to the FO cabins would be eliminated, but it obviously is still there. So my 'corner' FV is now an 'end' FV.

I am concerned about privacy being right next to the stairs. I am not able to tell from the pictures, but I hope there will be a solid wall between the verandah and the staircase. Anyone know about this?

Also, Celebirty still is not quoting the cabin and verandah square feet. Has anyone heard what they will be?

I have booked a Century FV (9245) for April 2007 and have been reivewing the photos of the rebuild. I had hoped the staircase next to the FO cabins would be eliminated, but it obviously is still there. So my 'corner' FV is now an 'end' FV.

I am concerned about privacy being right next to the stairs. I am not able to tell from the pictures, but I hope there will be a solid wall between the verandah and the staircase. Anyone know about this?

Also, Celebirty still is not quoting the cabin and verandah square feet. Has anyone heard what they will be?

My family was in 9245 in 2005. Very roomy compared to a regular cabin. The only drawback was hearing the outside door slam a few times in the middle of the night, just a small price to pay. As mentioned in earlier in this thread the beds also have a unique arangement. Please share your experience since I am eying these FVs for a future cruise.

Just booked this cruise for Dec 3,07--felt a little stupid booking so early but want to hold the line on the price and hope for lower. The ports look really interesting.

mustgo

My family was in 9245 in 2005. Very roomy compared to a regular cabin. The only drawback was hearing the outside door slam a few times in the middle of the night, just a small price to pay. As mentioned in earlier in this thread the beds also have a unique arangement. Please share your experience since I am eying these FVs for a future cruise.

We were in one of those cabins also, I have to say it is sad they apparently put veranda's on those cabins. They were great for families with loads of room and the great window seat.

Archived