Adventure Kart Expedition in Ketchikan?

Lorabelle

I guess I missed the comments on the float trip. We also were looking at that one.

My college aged sons are traveling with us this time and this is the one that they got excited over when looking at the tours. I'm surprised that it seems no one here has ever taken this excursion.

I haven't booked it yet, I'm still hoping for some feedback. At a cost of about $700 for the 4 of us, I was hoping for some validation for the fee first!!

Lori

I've been watching this post too...We have it booked on the Aug 1st trip. A friend said her sister did a similar trip but in Costa Rica and really liked it. This same friend just got off an Alaskan cruise last Sunday. Said it was really hot, the rivers were very high because of the melting glacier water, and teeming w/ Salmon. She also recommended the rock climbing trip. She brought 2 young nephews and they all had a fantastic time.

I've been waiting for a review, also. I have 10 booked on the Karts on the Aug 9 sailing of the Dawn. It was not available last year when I sailed out of Seattle on the Star...so I think it is new. It is booked up solid on our voyage and had been for a couple of weeks. I'll review it when I get back for the furture bookings.

Kathy

Thanks for all the interest, even if there are no answers yet! There are still openings for my sailing. Does anyone know, if I reserve these online, can I cancel prior to the cruise if we change our mind? I'd like to get my reservation in, but would like to be able to back out if the reviews are bad.

Lori

Lori,

I know with Princess - you can cancel your reservations for an excursion the morning the day before you leave (24-36 hours before the tour). Check the Princess patter and it will tell you what date and time you have to have your cancellations in by.

RCCL was similar. I don't know the other cruise lines.

We just got back from the Spirit and had wanted to go on the kart adventure. When we got on the ship, they said the tour was not offered on any Northbound sailings. Just a warning for anyone who wanted to go. Not sure if the southbound sailings are lucky enough to get this excursion.

Jenny

Does this northbound rule apply to Carnival only? I'm sailing Northbound on Princess and it's in my Cruise Personalizer as an excursion. I have even reserved our spots.

Interesting...

I'm still hoping to hear from someone who has actually done this!

Lori

Not sure if the rule applies to Carnival only. We were very irritated when we got on ship and a good part of the excursions they said would be offered in our welcome aboard package werent. I am not sure if Princess is the same way.

Since the Alaskan Cruise Season is well under way, I was wondering if now anyone has participated in this shore excursion. We are signed up to go in two weeks and would really like some opinions.

• 4 weeks later...

Not offered on Northbound trips?

Somebody was feeding a big bunch of crapola. Who cares if the ship is heading north or south, if you are in port, the locals would love to take your money. It is still green.

I was so anxious to come back and tell you all about our Adventure Kart trip....alas, it was cancelled (8/3). They said the rain caused a landslide. Kinda weird considering all the rain they are used to there. By the time we found out about the cancellation it was too late to book anything else. Still kinda weird no one has been on this trip yet, huh? Needless to say, Ketchikan was a bust for us since the town was just a bunch of touristy shops.

Archived