my Grand Turk experience... just back

AlexOk

Thanks for the hint about the free drink coupon...printing it out now:)

I am interested if anyone did the hop on hop off buses. I am traveling with my mom and want to know about mobility issues.

Glad I could help.:D

Hey, Kathy. My son and his soon-to-be new bride will be honeymooning on the cruise with you. Keep an eye on them for me, ok? ;)

Glad I could help.:D

Hey, Kathy. My son and his soon-to-be new bride will be honeymooning on the cruise with you. Keep an eye on them for me, ok? ;)

have they checked out the roll call thread for the 8/7 cruise?

have they checked out the roll call thread for the 8/7 cruise?

They checked it out, but have not posted. They feel that there are no one their age on it.

My dh and I are sailing on the Sept 3 Crown Princess. Imagine my kids not wanting us on their honeymoon with them.:eek:

They checked it out, but have not posted. They feel that there are no one their age on it.

My dh and I are sailing on the Sept 3 Crown Princess. Imagine my kids not wanting us on their honeymoon with them.:eek:

My son (25) would feel the same way...if he ever gets married!

From the roll call I think Ibiseaglass may be young and JenMax123 is traveling with boyfriend 32 & 28...I am sure there will be more as time goes on!

My son (25) would feel the same way...if he ever gets married!

From the roll call I think Ibiseaglass may be young and JenMax123 is traveling with boyfriend 32 & 28...I am sure there will be more as time goes on!

I will pass the information along to them, but you know "can lead a horse to water etc....

Just back from the Legend. Left NYC on May 28-29. We made a stop at Grand Turk. We did the Trolley, Gov. Beach and Snorkel. Booked as an excursion, I think it was about $34 each. On a side note the lounge chairs of the beach nearest the boat were all set up and free, those on the excursion had to schlep or chairs from a pile on to the beach. Also the Trolley was swapped out by a bus since it was not running properly, in the time that took we could have easily walked to Gov. Beach since it was walking distance. The Folks we had dinner with hired a cab and rented the snorkeling equipment for much less for both of them for a total of $26. However I was happy with the snorkeling saw all kinds of cool fish.

My wife and I also had a snack at Margaritaville. Margaritas were $9, Beers were over $5 and nachos were $9. The jewelry in the stores was also priced very high. Not the best stop in our opinion.

Thank you so much for the info! I was so ready to book this tour today! I guess not now! :)

Thanks for all the info!!

I'm going on the Elation for the first time in December and it'll be my first time in GT.

I'm glad to see that Gov. Beach is within walking distance, or what seems like a cheap cab ride away. We didn't really see any excursions that grabbed our attention on the Carnival website.

Thanks again!! :D

I was here on the Crown Princess last week. This was actually a great port. The chairs, sunshades and pool were all free. We have our own snorkelling equipment and it was great also. This area is right at the pier dock so no taxi's are required. Great port and not commercialized at all.:)

We had signed up for the hop on hop off bus, but maybe hiring a taxi might be a better play. Are they available at the port? All I want to do is take some photos around the island, but if there is nothing in the town, I don't want to be waiting there for the bus to return. Anyone do the buses? or take a taxi? I think the hop on hop off was $39 each...so almost $80 for my mother and I.

Thanks everyone....we are leaving on the Crown Princess on July 11th and had booked the Govenor's Beach Trolley but after reading your posts, we will walk or take a taxi and rent snorkel stuff there....saves us about $100....thanks for the great tips.

I am going on the Jimmy Buffet site now to get my coupon!!! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived