Avg. charge for Drinks and a soda card on Holland?

fdk71265

WOW!! that`s expensive! HAL is cheaper than that but don`t tell them! Mixed drinks start at around $4.95. and go up to about $7, similarly, wine starts around the same amount. Beer is $3.95 for domestic and about $4.95 and up for imports. There is usually a cocktail of the day for $3.95. Can`t help on the soda card, but I know it`s cheaper than what you quoted........jean:cool:

My DH got a margarita for about $7. I think the bottles of wine in the dining room start at around $28 and go up from there.

The soda card was $18 for 20 sodas. You get a punch card and they just punch it each time until all 20 are done. We only used about 1/2 of it, and then DH gave it away to some kids around the 5th day.

happy friday!

sarahjane

HAL has a gift order form for delivery on board. One of the items is a 20 soda card for $18.00...they also offer a more expensive Coffee/Latte card ($39.00 for 8 drinks)...You can also pre order wine/liquor by the bottle to be dlivered either to your stateroom or to your dinner table....

How do you preorder liquor sent to your room? That would be nice to be able to have a cocktail in the room while dressing for dinner!! When we were on a Panama Canal cruise on HAL a few years ago you could buy liquor in the dutyfree shop and take it to your cabin for slightly more than saving it til the end of the trip.

I just pulled out our drink charge receipts from the Veendam in April.

We had the "martini of the day" in the Crows Nest every evening before dinner. Those were $4.87 each (all the prices I'm quoting include the service charge).

Had scotch rocks a few times for $5.46 each. Nice glass of cabernet at dinner was $5.75. Budweiser beer was $4.58 (they also offer buckets of beer bottles on ice, we didn't try those but saw many people with them around the Lido pool).

16 oz. cafe mocha in the Explorations Cafe was $3.28, which I didn't think was too bad.

Archived