Princess Canada/New England cruise

Massageman

Yes - I did enjoy the cruise. I probably made some bad choices in excursions but it was new territory for me and I seem to want perfection the first time. I am just interested in doing something other than the Caribbean.

I researched quite a bit last year and the week of the 15th seemed to be what I decided on. It turned out we were too early last year as the colors just started changing as we were leaving. This is the website I used:

http://www.foliagenetwork.com/reports/northeast_us/

You can go back a few years and see when it peaked for the different areas.

I am leaning towards Oct 8th and 18th at the moment (10 day going on Sea Princess) as I like that ship better than the Grand class and next year the Grand is doing the 10 night. I did the 7 night last year. I am having some air issues and if air proves to be too pricey - I may scrap the idea. We will see.

Thanks for your input. Did you take any pictures of your NE cruise?

Thanks for your input. Did you take any pictures of your NE cruise?

I did take some but didn't post any to my regular album. I really wasn't pleased with the pictures I took. I maybe should go back (now almost a year later) and see if they are worth posting. We had a lot of stress right before the trip and I probably wasn't in the picture mood when we went.

I will relook at them over the 4th of July weekend. I need to work on my Sapphire coastal pictures then also.

Hi Theresa

Don't know if you remember me--we sailed on the Pacific Coastal with you--less than a month ago

We had dinner with you one night and a couple of meet and greets

We are one of the 4 couples on the 9-18 cruise--this is the one I won at Bingo

Hope to see you with us

we are leaving Saturday for the Med cruise--Barcelona to Venice--lots to do before that (as always)

Nancy:D

jdm,

Where is the nearest rental car agency to the dock in Bar Harbor? Will they pick you up at the pier or are they close enough to walk? We would prefer to rent a car there so that we can stop when a where we want to in Acadia Nat. Park. Sometimes on tours there is no time to stop and you just can't see as much as you would like.

From what I am reading on these boards, many of the ports lend themselves to sightseeing on your own rather than taking an excursion, particularly, a ship sponsored one.

We were unable to find a convenient car rental option for Bar Harbor...you might want to post this question on the New England board, as there may be more up to date information for this year. Avis was the best option for Saint John...a very short walk from the port. We used enterprise at the other ports, and they did offer a pick-up service.

We were unable to find a convenient car rental option for Bar Harbor...you might want to post this question on the New England board, as there may be more up to date information for this year. Avis was the best option for Saint John...a very short walk from the port. We used enterprise at the other ports, and they did offer a pick-up service.

Thanks for the information. I am just now getting down to making plans for the September cruise so I will be watching the Canada and New England boards for help and ideas.

Seal, maybe if we give enough encouragement Coral will join us. :)

And, Coral, I'd like to see your pictures of the Canada/New England cruise. All your other pictures are great and I have enjoyed looking at them.

Regarding renting a car in Bar Harbor - As I recall we did not have a reservation, but got off the ship very early and saw a representative from a rental agency (sorry, can't remember which one, but maybe someone else knows) waiting with cars for people who had reservations. This was right at the pier. We talked to him and he called where the rental office was located and said he had one more that could be rented. He drove us to the rental agency about 15 minute drive. We did Arcadia National Park on our own and we were able to simply leave the car at the pier with keys under mat. It worked for us.

Thanks jdm. We'll keep researching and will have our TA do some checking for us. She should be able to find out which agency will bring the car to the dock and let us drop it off there. We have a car reserved already but couldn't find out how we would pick it up and drop it off.

Archived