Are the regular customer service people getting LESS knowledgeable?

Booked 2 cabins that qualified for the $99 credit. Booked at the same time, etc. One got the credit, one didn't.

Thought I'd call to check on the status of the credit. Did all the selections to speak to someone about an existing reservation. The CS rep I eventually (LONG hold time) said I needed to speak with someone in reservations, and transferred me. The reservations guy didn't know WHAT I was talking about, and said I had to talk to CS. Since I had just been transferred from there, I asked to speak to a supervisor before I get transferred back in a bizarre game of telephone ping-pong, where I am the ball. I'm on hold as I type.

I KNOW, I KNOW - I should have called C&A. But I really thought this was a pretty simple question, and the CS number was right there on the screen.

Also, shouldn't even the "basic" CS people be able to handle simple questions about promotions that have been advertised on the RCCL website?

Postscript:

After waiting on hold for a while (after I had asked nicely NOT to be transferred back to CS, but to speak to a supervisor) the res. agent came back on the phone and said that someone would contact the revenue department when they open, and that someone will get back to me. So I'm hopeful that everything will be taken care of. But it is always mildly frustrating to me when I know more about the promotions being offered than the people on the other end of the phone at RCCL. It seems that if they have a promotion, and a process for the promotion, the company would educate the "front-line" people about it. But that doesn't seem to be the case.

I have had both ends of the spectrum with rccl customer service. Sometimes it is outstanding and others it is beyond frustrating. You can call 4 different times and get 4 completely different answers and each rep. will guarantee you that they are right. I keep a record of who I spoke to and when so I can let them know how different their answers are. I also wonder if rccl isn't outsourcing some areas of customer service because language has been a big problem for me several times. I could NOT understand the dialect being spoken and they spoke very softly. I must have asked 3x with ea. question, "Can you say that again, please?" Hang in there, hopefully someone who knows will get back to you soon. I have always gotten good advice finally but sometimes it took a loooooong time to get it.

I understand that they have opened a new call center in the Northwest and believe that they have also increased their staff at the other call center, so it may be that we are getting new personnel whose training and experience are incomplete. It is frustrating to have to call several times in order to get answers to what should be basic questions, but it still happens. Another reason why I value my knowledgeable TA.:)

Crown and Anchor has some problems too! Several weeks ago I called them because DH and I never had C&A cards even though we have been members for 12 years. (After reading threads here, I found out we should have cards) I called them and while I was on the phone I registered DD and DS who have cruised before they were 18 yo. They said they were going to send the cards. Last week I got cards for myself and DS together in one envelope. Waited a few days and DH and DD's never came. Called and was told they forgot to send them. Today DD's came but not DH. Just got off the phone with C & A and was told they never had it in the computer to send on for DH. It is supposed to go out tomorrow. We are leaving on the 24th for NOS and I want this completly straighted out:eek:

Several weeks ago I called them because DH and I never had C&A cards...... We are leaving on the 24th for NOS and I want this completly straighted out:eek:

You really don't need the cards.... It's nice to have them to keep track of your member numbers but you really won't need them for your cruise....

Archived