Beach Towel- Bring or not to Bring?

Waywrd1

Would you bring a beach towel or just take one off the ship?:confused:

THE SHIP HAS beach towels.......

The cabin steward will give you

a fresh clean towel daily to use........

Just don't lose it,,,,,,,,,Carnival has big

beach towels,,,,,If you lose it they will

charge you...........

So to save room in your suitcase,just use the ship's towels.............

We've only cruised Carnival, so this may not apply to the line you are sailing...but, the towels are relatively large and thick. Which on the whole is good, but can make for one over-stuffed beach tote on excursions. You can cut down on the volume by bringing your own, lesser quality towels. However, your own will get salty and sandy, and the cruise line will not launder them for you automatically, as they will their own towels.:p So, I'd say, if no on board self-service laundry, I wouldn't even consider it. Otherwise, it depends on what your port plans are, and how many people you are toting things around for. We've go 2 little ones, so it's something of an issue for me. But if you are responsible only for your own things, I would stick with the ship's towels.

HTH and have a great cruise!

On our last cruise I had enough room to take a Neat Sheet. (here is a link to some on sale on e-bay: http://cgi.ebay.com/Combo-Pack-The-NEAT-SHEET-Family-Size-2-sheets_W0QQitemZ8818539426QQcategoryZ36120QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem ) One sheet was large enough for both of us to lie on on the beach. It really beat lying on a towel!

We bring our own. Everyone uses the ship's towels so they all look alike. By using my own, it's easy to find the chaise I've been hogging for hours (just kidding...I don't even like being out in the sun) and I don't have to worry about losing it. We don't use them much and I'm one of those sorry creatures who does laundry on board. It just works for us.

When we went to Coco Cay, I didn't bring a beach towel and regretted it, but was not sure if I could take one from the ship to the beach. So this time when we go to Labadee, I plan to bring a cheapy beach towel from K-mart or Walgreens, one that will be easy to identify and if I get it messed up I will just throw it in the trash can at the site and not even bring it back on the ship.

I always take my own beach towel. The Carnival towels are big, bulky, and heavy - and one towel would fill my entire tote bag. My little $4 WalMart one does just fine, easy to take on shore, and takes up very little luggage space. Also - if I lose it, no biggie. If you lose a Carnival towel, you'll be charged $22.;)

Archived