LIVE From 6/4 Freedom of the Seas - Add your thoughts here & WIN PRIZES

Hello From Cozumel,

Tendering is going very fast this morning. They have been using all 4 doors to load passenger. Moving about 1500 - 2000 an hour.

Let us know the state that Cozumel is in since the hurricane. Is the party boat still there?

Glad to hear everyone is having a great time so far....I'm so jealous!!! Have to live vicariously through everyone until Feb 2007!!! Keep us updated! I'm checking back daily for your reports!

-Jennifer

Hello everyone, just back on board and we are sailing away from Cozumel on our way to Grand Caymen. We went to the mainland to day to Xcarta (sp?) It was pretty good. We didn't have to worry about tendering because we had a ferry waiting for all the tours going to the mainland -- took us straight from the ship and right back, very good.

I have found one thing that is not 100% great -- Soft Served Ice Cream -- They only have ONE machine with two servers and it's located by the pool. All the other ships have 3 or more machines through out the ship, nope, not here, just one -- I love the stuff!! Yes, I still believe it's Soft Served Yougart too.

Guess what's tonight -- QUEST!!! Should be interesting with over 1,800 returning C&A members, everyone will know what they are looking for -- maybe they'll change it up a little.

Sorry for not getting pictures posted today, didn't get a connection with my own computer, maybe I'll get one tomorrow and I'll update all of them there. Don't have a lot of plans tomorrow, been to Grand Caymen before so no big deal if I don't get off the ship -- more time to explore!!

Until tomorrow,

Hello cruise mates - I will be on June 11 - please give some info- can't wait to be U - guess we will meet in passing - U getting off and us getting on - tips will really be appreciated - especially the ice show - I heard it was awesome - are tickets hard to get - how are the shows??? Thanks for any info have fun u lucky people!!!:) :)

for posting such great insights. I just love the pink boas and such.... I'm re-reminded of the joy of cruising by your enthusiasm!

Quick question if anybody has an answer. A reader wants to know if there's a minimum age for the FlowRider. Anybody know?

Many thanks, and again, totally love your feedback.:) Next best thing to being there.

Best,

Carolyn

Hello, just about to head to bed!! I have to say this now -- THE BEST QUEST EVER!!!!!! IT CAN NOT BE TOPPED!!!! All I can say is a few people bought Ken Rush, CD Drinks (Including CruiseCritic Members wink wink) and he's downing them right there having a great time (adult show everyone, remember, adult show). That's all I'm going to say about that -- sorry, but too many GREAT things and for those who have never been to Quest -- GO!!!

Answering a few quick questions, I don't believe there is a min age for Flowrider - they have been breaking it up for everyone, Boogie Board, Stand Up, Advanced Boogie Board, Teens Boogie Board, etc. Seems to be open often, all day during sea day, the line went pretty fast (fun to watch). BIG TIP - if you go on Flowrider TIE YOUR SWIM SUIT TIGHT!!! I heard someone lost their shorts the first day, oops.

Haven't seen the Ice Show yet, we have tickets for Thursday I believe -- no big deal getting tickets, they had like two hours when they were handing out tickets on Monday (sea day) we didn't get our first choice, but we got there right as they were closing.

Well, heading to bed now, I'll try and post pictures tomorrow (won't be posting the Quest pictures :) though).

Talk to you all later,

I am loving these LIVE reports! We will be sailing on the Freedom in less than 6 weeks, and your reports are just adding to the excitement. I have one question that I hope you can answer...when the TAs cruised on the Freedom, there was talk about the stabilizers not working very well. Some complained that the ship seemed to rock a lot, others seemed to think that the stabilizers weren't even turned on for these free trips. How has the rocking been for all of you on the first cruise? Has it been pretty smooth sailing?

Whoever it was that asked about the Flowrider--there's not necessarily a minimum AGE, but I know that someone posted a picture of the "rules" board for it and it mentioned minimum HEIGHT for the Flowrider.

Bodyboard: 53"

Flowboard: 58"

Hope this helps!

Oh duh, it was Carolyn who asked...sorry Carolyn, I should have scrolled up to see your post.

It sounds like everyone is having the time of their lives and I can't wait to see more pics of you guys. Thanks so much to you all for updating us "LIVE" .... we truly love it and feel that we are with you! (well almost!!)

I have a few questions for any of you onboard ...

1. Do you need an appt. for "A Clean Shave" for my DH and what are the prices?

2. How's the spa ... anybody try it out yet or get a great massage? What are the prices there also?

3. What nights are formal nights and are people really going FORMAL or not so much on this new ship? I would of thought that most people would get all dressed up since it's she's new, so let us know!!!

4. How is room service?

Thanks and have a great time!!!

Deana

Hello everyone' date=' just back on board and we are sailing away from Cozumel on our way to Grand Caymen. We went to the mainland to day to Xcarta (sp?) It was pretty good. We didn't have to worry about tendering because we had a ferry waiting for all the tours going to the mainland -- took us straight from the ship and right back, very good.

I have found one thing that is not 100% great -- Soft Served Ice Cream -- They only have ONE machine with two servers and it's located by the pool. All the other ships have 3 or more machines through out the ship, nope, not here, just one -- I love the stuff!! Yes, I still believe it's Soft Served Yougart too.

Guess what's tonight -- QUEST!!! Should be interesting with over 1,800 returning C&A members, everyone will know what they are looking for -- maybe they'll change it up a little.

Sorry for not getting pictures posted today, didn't get a connection with my own computer, maybe I'll get one tomorrow and I'll update all of them there. Don't have a lot of plans tomorrow, been to Grand Caymen before so no big deal if I don't get off the ship -- more time to explore!!

Until tomorrow,[/quote']

Cruzin' Rob-Do I understand correctly, if you have an excursion booked thru RCCL, do they have a special ferry for you vs. the tender for if you just want to do your own thing in Cozumel? Also, do you or anyone else you know have a copy of the dining room menus for dinner that you will be posting at the end of your trip? Passing the time vicariously thru everyones posts until July 9th cruise. Hope your time is going by nice and slow and you are enjoying every minute of it!

Cruzin' Rob-Do I understand correctly, if you have an excursion booked thru RCCL, do they have a special ferry for you vs. the tender for if you just want to do your own thing in Cozumel? Also, do you or anyone else you know have a copy of the dining room menus for dinner that you will be posting at the end of your trip? Passing the time vicariously thru everyones posts until July 9th cruise. Hope your time is going by nice and slow and you are enjoying every minute of it!

Are you going July 9, 2006? I am too. The roll call that no one is at: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=178182&page=6&pp=25 :eek:

You guys keep talking about QUEST? What is QUEST? My DH and I will be going on our first Royal Caribbean Cruise on the Freedom this September...and I have seen you guys talk about QUEST...on this board and on other boards as well?? I hope that isn't a dumb quesion! HA! Hope eveyone is having a wonderful time!

You guys keep talking about QUEST? What is QUEST? My DH and I will be going on our first Royal Caribbean Cruise on the Freedom this September...and I have seen you guys talk about QUEST...on this board and on other boards as well?? I hope that isn't a dumb quesion! HA! Hope eveyone is having a wonderful time!

Quest is an adult game show that goes on in the ship. I can't really tell you what it is about because I would ruin the fun for you but it is loads of fun. When you are on the cruise make sure you don't miss it.

Cruizin' Rob, I've never done Quest but now I have to -- it sounds like a LOT of fun! Everyone, keep up the great posts, loving your comments. I was onboard for one night in May and it was NOT enough time.

Melissa

P.S. Anybody have any great shots in port or onboard? I'd love to see the captain with the fabulous Pink Boa gals!

Quest, is an Adults only game played by "teams" in Studio B (the ice rink/center). It is a competition amongst teams of volunteers. It is both funny and a "sight to see". It is usually held after Late seating dinner to give everyone a chance to attend. You really do have to go see it to believe it.

Bon Voyage

Archived