1st Time Cruiser - Atlantis?

My family will be going on our first cruise in August to the Bahamas. I have 2 children ages 12 and 15. The ship will be in Nassau from 7 a.m. until 7 a.m. the next morning.

I am trying to decide if it would be better to do an excursion or make a reservation at the Comfort Inn to spend the day using the facilities at the Atlantis. I have also seen Breezes mentioned and don't know which one would be better. Although my son is 12, he definately looks at least 14.

Any suggestions or tips you can provide to help me make this decision is greatly appreciated.

YOu could take the jitney over to the Whyndam for $1 each, and use their pools and beach. They do expect you to buy lunch or drinks there, but I haven't heard of them running anybody off. We went back in October and had no problems.

Or, there is the British Colonial Hilton. You can use their pool and chairs for $15 each, and it is a short walk from the pier.

Sorry, I dont know too much about Breezes or the Atlantis. We went over to Atlantis but only toured the areas open to the public. If you go to Breezes, I have been told there are $5.00 off coupons in a coupon booklet you can pick up when you get off the ship.

You may have better luck on the Ports of call board. Have a great cruise! They are terrific!!

When we were on RCCL we took the Atlantis excursion & it was WELL worth it...not sure if carnival has the same one....I would definelty suggest looking into a day pass or soemthing like it before spending the money on a hotel....

Carnival has an Atlantis excursion and we took it last Nov. Water taxi over, tour and water taxi back. You can stay there as long as you want since they give you a ticket for your return. It took us about 3 hours for the entire trip. We're going back this year and I want to do a few other things. There's a walking tour that I've seen the link to on here. Check the ports of call threads and you can get some ideas.

My family will be going on our first cruise in August to the Bahamas. I have 2 children ages 12 and 15. The ship will be in Nassau from 7 a.m. until 7 a.m. the next morning.

I am trying to decide if it would be better to do an excursion or make a reservation at the Comfort Inn to spend the day using the facilities at the Atlantis. I have also seen Breezes mentioned and don't know which one would be better. Although my son is 12, he definately looks at least 14.

Any suggestions or tips you can provide to help me make this decision is greatly appreciated.

What you can do, is take the water taxi over to atlantis. Then, find the holiday-inn. Go the the beach at the holiday inn, and walk left over towards atlantis. Then, there is a 1-1.5 ft wall. It is easy to climb over, and then you are in. However, before doing any of this make sure you have one of every color wristband from camp carnival. At atlantis, to use the facilities, one must wear the color wristband of the day. Therefore, if you get one of each color from carnival, atlantis will not know the difference. Half of the time, they do not even check. Don't wear it though, just keep it in your pocket. If they ask for it, then simply just take it out for a second, and then put it back in your pocket.

What you can do, is take the water taxi over to atlantis. Then, find the holiday-inn. Go the the beach at the holiday inn, and walk left over towards atlantis. Then, there is a 1-1.5 ft wall. It is easy to climb over, and then you are in. However, before doing any of this make sure you have one of every color wristband from camp carnival. At atlantis, to use the facilities, one must wear the color wristband of the day. Therefore, if you get one of each color from carnival, atlantis will not know the difference. Half of the time, they do not even check. Don't wear it though, just keep it in your pocket. If they ask for it, then simply just take it out for a second, and then put it back in your pocket.

Atlantis is open to the public, you do not have to go through all the tricks to get on the property, just go.

We spent a week at Atlantis a few summers ago, and my kids really enjoyed it. Lots of pools and water slides, etc. Getting a room at the Comfort Inn for one night is probably the way to go, much better than an excursion.

Remember that you do have to pay for all food and drinks and Atlantis is not inexpensive.

Have a great time!

....blah blah blah...cheat, steal, stinge, hoard, stiff......

I'm beginning to think you have your PC plugged in to your neighbors house, except I can't think of you shelling out the bucks for that long an extention cord.

And then of course, you must have stolen your internet connection.

To the OP, we have never paid or cheated to get into the Atlantis. We have walked around freely, never intending to use their amenities. Pools and beach I can see anywhere. The true treasure of the Atlantis is to walk though the place, and all the grounds.

If you're willing to shell out something extra, there is the Dig. It is free at night, and we walked through freely (we were on a land vacation staying at Cable Beach). I don't think it would have been worth whatever they charge, though.

Archived