Celebrity President Dan Hanrahan on Galaxy May 6th

C 2 C

NOT always and especially NOT recently. Checkout the dissatisfied customer threads on this board. They certainly would be more positive about Celebrity if they got what they PAID for.

I was dissatisfied with part of our Galaxy experience but Celebrity still gets my vote and my cruising dollars... we signed up for 5 Century cruises while on board. I just want to find more things to complain about:rolleyes:. You just have to pick the right ship and voyage.

Visit them in October and cruise back with us on Century Oct 27th.... each day is 25 hours long:D... you get back the hours you lost in May.

Hi Arno ~ Would love to cruise back on the Century but the party is November 3rd ~:( I am still looking though :rolleyes: I miss cruising ~ Els

I agree that Celebrity does not always seem to value the opinion of their frequent cruisers. I think they could certainly get some valuable input from people who have a real interest in what the cruise experience offers. That the executives did not interact with the original poster is very sad, especially since he has been on so many Celebrity cruises. His opinion on any cruising topic should have been received with at least feigned interest.

I was a member of the Celebrity Guest Panel for a year or so, and although I found the surveys to be entertaining, they nearly exclusively concentrated on way to coax even more money out of your pocket ie. what types of slot machines appeal to you, would you buy this item for this price if offered on board, etc. There were a few surveys I found more interesting - those asking what types of itineraries we'd be interested in, and the one about our taste in hotels, etc.

Of course, I understand that the company's main goal is to add to the bottom line, but loyal customers can feel a little disappointed when their loyalty isn't perceived as being valued. I agree that the Elite Captain's Club perks are below par and do nothing to encourage loyalty. Although I love Celebrity's product, I am just about ready to give HAL a try, based on things I read on these boards, and I will certainly have to find some other line that offers a good itinerary in French Polynesia. Some real loyalty perks (like free laundry or off-peak internet) might make me think twice about trying another line, but as far as Celebrity's perks go, I woudn't miss them. I find the 15% off coupons worse than useless.

As they say, it's far more expensive to attract a new customer than to keep an existing one; in my opinion, Celebrity should perhaps do a little more to show their appreciation to their existing customers, since the competition is more than willing to lure us away.

Brenda

I have just returned from my 10th Celebrity cruise and am seriously thinking about trying other lines. Some of the things that concern me are the substandard bedding, the continuous pushing of drinks and other products, the downturn of the quality of food served and a general detachment by some of the senior staff (Hotel Director, CC Hostess, etc.) The wait staff are still excellent but the cabin attendants are real hit or miss (there were six of us in three Concierge Class rooms.) Our experience was one excellent, one fair and one with a really bad attitude. I cannot help but wonder if Celebrity is heading in the same direction as the Legacy airlines. These negative aspects seem to have started to appear under Mr. Hanrahan's watch. I understand the "bottom line", (my ex is a CPA), but when you start to nickel and dime and try to pass yourself off as something you are not, even a diehard Celebrity fan like me will start looking at other options.

Anyone know what's on Galaxy's schedule for April and May 2007?

Still looking at that gap until May 21, 07. I think they're trying to hide something...:confused:

Still looking at that gap until May 21, 07. I think they're trying to hide something...:confused:
;) Good morning,

I think that's called a drydock gap....We all think she needs down time....we all wish she gets one soonest....and I think this is it, in that gap.

Cheers

CG

;)

Archived