Ocean View or Promenade stateroom? Which one's best?

Last cruise my neice (age 17) had a promenade cabin and it was great for her and her friend. They could look out for the cute boys just like at the mall. Come it think of it, the view is like a mall. No attraction for me.

But I can't imagine an adult who wouldn't prefer a view of the ocean. I mean it might be better for some people to have a view of the interior of the ship rather than an inside cabin - less chlostrophobic? but maybe less privacy, too.

This is a very personal choice.

I prefer to watch the ocean. Someone else might get bored with that :confused: and prefer to watch the people, others might actually prefer the privacy and darkness given with an inside cabin.

If I had to choose IS; PR; OV... the order for me would be

1st: OV

2nd: PR

3rd: IS

Inside is my least favorite, and I try to avoid it at almost any cost. If given the choice of an inside stateroom or no cruise, I would of course take the inside.... and have done so twice ;)

Let us know what you decide!

A~

What's your thoughts? Better to have a view of the sea or a view of the promenade?

No contest: A 180 square foot ocean view stateroom wins hands down over a 167 square foot promenade room. Oh, but this is assuming you are on a Voyager class ship.

Annoyingly, the Freedom class of ship has downsized the staterooms! Go look at the deck plans on their site. The promenade rooms on the Freedom are the smallest rooms on the ship at 149 square feet---a sad throwback to the days of the Sovereign class......Oy.

Think I might be getting shafted by my TA. She has just told me that I should keep the Promenade room as this is much better than the ocean view because, in the OV, the bed is under the window?

This is cheaper than the promenade also ... And I am sailing on Voyager of the Seas ...

She is telling me that the guaranteed stateroom will almost certainly be on deck 2 or 3 and I would hear a lot of kitchen noise ... As a first time cruiser, I don't know who to believe?

Help! I leave in 11 days!:eek:

Okay, I have rang TA back to book OV. The cabin is much bigger as you have pointed out LA - that was probably the deal breaker so thanks!

If the bed turns out to be under the window and I can hear a chef or two rustling up some food - who cares? I'm on a cruise ship! :p

I was in an OV on deck 2 of the Navigator and heard NOTHING... EVER!!!! The only people outside your room was the stewards and your neighbors;) Interesting the the PR was more $$$ than the OV... guess that was because it was a guarentee.

I bet you'll be happy with your decision, but believe you probably would have been happy either way ;)

Let us know your room assignment when it becomes available!

A~

Archived