Official Carnival Bar and Beverage Menu Thread

You pretty much lost me after this. I've been drinking these for a week now ever since I found out what the "juices" are.

Dying to try the kiss on the lips, though, with the way everyone talks about it around here!

I have the recipe for it right here (The Fun Ship). :D

1 fl oz Finlandia Vodka

1 1/2 fl ozs Bacardi Light Rum

1/4 fl oz De Kuyper - Apricot Brandy

1/4 fl oz De Kuyper - Amaretto

6 fl ozs Fruit Punch

Blend all ingredients together, pour over ice and garnish with orange slice and cherry.

Is this the same as yours? If not, what are the "juices" you're refering to? This is one of my favourites!! :D

Kiss-on-the-Lips is amazing though!! :D Definatly another one of my favourites!! :D

I have the recipe for it right here (The Fun Ship). :D

1 fl oz Finlandia Vodka

1 1/2 fl ozs Bacardi Light Rum

1/4 fl oz De Kuyper - Apricot Brandy

1/4 fl oz De Kuyper - Amaretto

6 fl ozs Fruit Punch

Blend all ingredients together, pour over ice and garnish with orange slice and cherry.

Is this the same as yours? If not, what are the "juices" you're refering to? This is one of my favourites!! :D

Kiss-on-the-Lips is amazing though!! :D Definatly another one of my favourites!! :D

You're only late by about two years :p :D

How does a person go about getting drink coupons?

Just follow this link...

http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/AddToCart.aspx?pid=BAR

they cost $21.25 and will include your tip /gratuity for up to 4 drinks

and yes they are good on refills of the souvenir cup for the DOD

:p

I love bar coupons ... and use them each time I sail!!

• 7 months later...
Now you're only 6 months late. You are getting better. :p :D

I'm sorry, I'm still confused. :confused: What do you mean? What am I late for? It's good to know I'm getting better though!! :D

Is this all Carnival offers for wine? I thought they'd have a more extensive list.

This thread is about the Bar and Beverage Menu.

So this is what is the "normal" standards available on each ship, at the bars themselves, or from Room Service.

There is a far more extensive menu in the dining rooms.;)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not understanding the purpose of bar coupons. Isn't this a total waste of money? There are 4 coupons that are good for a drink UP TO $5.25. Well, $5.25 x 4 coupons = $21.00. However, they are charging $21.25 for the coupons. So, you pay 25 cents more buying the coupons then if you were just to buy the drink outright. Plus, what if the drink you used the coupon on only totals $4.00? Then, you've lost $1.25, plus the 25 cents that you "overpaid" to buy the coupons.

Somebody please tell me I'm missing something here, because I don't know why everyone rants and raves about these. You can't possibly be saving money!!!

I'm not understanding the purpose of bar coupons. Isn't this a total waste of money? There are 4 coupons that are good for a drink UP TO $5.25. Well, $5.25 x 4 coupons = $21.00. However, they are charging $21.25 for the coupons. So, you pay 25 cents more buying the coupons then if you were just to buy the drink outright. Plus, what if the drink you used the coupon on only totals $4.00? Then, you've lost $1.25, plus the 25 cents that you "overpaid" to buy the coupons.

Somebody please tell me I'm missing something here, because I don't know why everyone rants and raves about these. You can't possibly be saving money!!!

Gratuities are included with the coupons. If our drink costs less, we sign for it.

The other reason they work out well is for folks that like to budget....buy so many a week/paycheck leading up to a cruise. And they're nice to receive as a gift. Or from a 45 day letter.

The drink coupons include tip. If you were to pay for that $5.25 drink, it would actually cost you $6.04. But you only paid $21.25/4 = $5.31 for the coupon. So you saved $.73.

Taking out the tip on the $5.31 (5.31/1.15), a drink costing $4.62 will end up being $5.31 with tip. So as long as your drink of choice has a menu price of higher than $4.62, you're saving money (pennies, but it's still a savings). If it costs less than $4.62, you're losing money.

The only thing you are missing is the tip. Otherwise, you are pretty limited on what you can buy with them and still get ahead. If you always buy drinks that cost $5.25, then they may be worth the hassle, but you have to remember to carry them with you.

Gratuities are included with the coupons. If our drink costs less, we sign for it.

The other reason they work out well is for folks that like to budget....buy so many a week/paycheck leading up to a cruise. And they're nice to receive as a gift. Or from a 45 day letter.

They are good to give as a gift, but IMO a much better way to budget for a cruise is to buy funship dollars. These are credited directly to your onboard account and can be spent anywhere on the ship.

Edit. As previously posted, you can buy a drink for less than $5.25 and still come out ahead.

Archived