I'm in V12

I'm on the Veranda deck, V-12, I think. Is this a good cabin? We are inside, but allegedly this is an upgrade because I think we were on the Riveria Deck on Fantasy...any thoughts? I was offered an upgrade to an ocean view, but took onboard credit instead...what should I have done? We are traveling with a large group and I think we are all together on the Veranda deck...:confused:

Do you know if any of your group are in a Category 11 Suite?

If so, then this is great, because you'll at least be able to hang out a bit on their balcony.

Now, good thing for your location.

It's really quiet, because there are so few cabins in that area so very little traffic.

You are super close to all of the Lido deck activities.

You are close to the spa, which has great showers and hot tubs, that people don't use very much. The showers are way better than the cabin showers.

You have a really cool deck mere steps away from your cabin (forward). A few people find this on sailaway, and then promptly forget about it later; so you'd have your own seldom used deck.

Only con is no window.

Also, there could (emphasis on not likely) be a little noise from the gym above, but I've only heard one person report this. Every other report is they don't hear anything. (I've stayed on this deck a few times, but in the Suite, it's my favorite location on this class of ship).

Others might want a window though (I might if I had a choice between inside on this deck and ocean view on another).

But, if I had friends all on the same deck/location and at least one had a Category 11 Suite, then I'd stay there. You guys could have your own private parties out on the front deck.

Hope this helps.

CJW

Info and pictures on this deck here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=298868

But, I don't have any of the inside cabins.

Just be aware though, the inside cabins have no windows.

It's gets pitch dark in there at night (so bring a night light).

If you need to though, you can get out to the front deck, mere steps away from your cabin door.

But, do you think for claustrophobia that you might be better with an oceanview, so you can see light, ocean, and views?

But, if it's a people claustrophobia kind of thing, Verandah deck has the least amount of traffic.

Just want you to be aware, and prepared, so that you know you made the best decision for you.

CJW

I'm on the Veranda deck, V-12, I think. Is this a good cabin? We are inside, but allegedly this is an upgrade because I think we were on the Riveria Deck on Fantasy...any thoughts? I was offered an upgrade to an ocean view, but took onboard credit instead...what should I have done? We are traveling with a large group and I think we are all together on the Veranda deck...:confused:

I'm in the same room in December- if you are going before that, please report to me about any noise from gym. Thanks vickie91024@aol.com

Also, there could (emphasis on not likely) be a little noise from the gym above, but I've only heard one person report this. Every other report is they don't hear anything.

I don't know about the Even Numbers side, but we were in V5 (just got back) and the noise was TERRIBLE - all day long .... banging, banging, and more banging. I know another couple near us had the same problem. If your out all day its ok, but if you want to go take a nap or relax its very annoying.

Other than that the room is beautiful. Perfect size for a couple.

I was in V20 two years ago. Only noise complaint was one night a couple having a "loud discussion" as they walked down the hallway. BTW, the empty space between V12 & V20 is a storage area for the cabin stewards. I was concerned that it might be a freight elevator, laundry or another noisy spot.

Enjoy your cruise.

Archived