Booking Air for November Navigator

I aree with the other posters-book now. I booked our airfare to San Juan for our Nov. cruise in mid-April. The same flights are now $120 more. With fuel prices the way they are, chances are the prices will only go up and airlines are cutting back on the number of flights resulting in less seats available at higher prices. Good Luck!

The $64,000 question - if one only knew the exact best time to buy a ticket...We travel frequently and have had it work both ways - book too early and fares have gone down, and of course waited too long for a better fare and they've gone up. More often than not, they only go up - esp. now with less choice and fuel prices. But, you also need to worry about availability and the longer you wait, the less there will be and that alone drives fares up. Also, not sure when in November you are going, but keep in mind that most NJ schools are off for most of the week ending 11/11 (plus it's Veteran's Day) and many flights from the NY/NJ area to and from Florida are already quite full. We were working on flights to/from Orlando and return availability on that weekend is limited.

Ah... the joys of airline pricing. :D

With fuel prices where they are, expect air fares to remain above their probably too low levels of the past few years. With that said, keep in mind that Southwest is only open for booking through October 27th. In the next several weeks, they'll open up November bookings, and when they do, there might be some better deals out there for November on all carriers as they respond to whatever Southwest's prices are. I know they don't serve Miami, but they do serve Ft. Lauderdale.

Shopping for November airfare myself right now for our November cruise from Port Canaveral. Nothing's what I'd call cheap, but I think some of that is being driven by our returning the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Our first holiday cruise. :D

Archived