Tell me about CoCoCay!

royal girl

It's a delightful little island. It's a very relaxing day at the beach. You can snorkel, float on the mats they'll rent you, lie in the sun, nap in a hammock, eat, drink Coco Locos, parasail, rent jet skis . . . it's all there. There's even some sort of water park with slides and trampolines for kids.

I will say that after the 5-6th person tried to sell me a coco loco I really wanted the vendors to shut up, but other than that it's fun & cute.

It was our last stop on a 14-Day Celebrity cruise so you know we made LOTS of Ports Stops. :D CoCoCay was if not our favorite certainly one of our favorites! :D

If you like the beach, it's hard not to like CoCoCay! :)

Here's a map that you might enjoy having:

CoCoCay MAP

Hope you enjoy being there as much as we did!

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

We also enjoyed our day there and did a fab tour via waverunner. It was totally awesome! An experience we'll never forget. However, I'd have to say that the food was positively awful and flies were all over it. We passed that by. And, way out at the end of the island where there were not so many people I narrowly missed stepping on a broken clear glass beer bottle walking along the beach. Scary.

We will be in Nassau the 12th of July. CocoCay sounds perfect for our family. We get in at 8 and depart at 2. How do we get there from the port for the Mariner?

Thanks

Ocruisers-

Thanks for the great pictures of CoCoCay.

I'm surprised that most of the people stay in the 'first beach area' and don't keep going to the less crowded spots. Do they not know you can go further away from the crowds?

Looking forward to it! Thanks everyone!

Linda

labs2 - Coco Cay is RCCL's private island. You cannot get there from the port in Nassau. It is a destination in & of itself &, if it is on your itinerary, you will get there on a tender from your ship.

• 3 weeks later...

Coco Cay is the reason I chose RCL over Carnival for a quickie Bahamas Cruise. It is a really great beach day. Be sure to have Coco Loco or 2 or 3. The snorkeling is really good. Be sure to swim all the way out to the lifeguard towers - there are alot of fish out there and a plane wreck or two. They have silly participation games on shore, but they are a riot to watch. It is a great day. You'll have a great time.

tr

• 1 month later...
It was our last stop on a 14-Day Celebrity cruise so you know we made LOTS of Ports Stops. :D CoCoCay was if not our favorite certainly one of our favorites! :D

If you like the beach, it's hard not to like CoCoCay! :)

Here's a map that you might enjoy having:

CoCoCay MAP

Hope you enjoy being there as much as we did!

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

Thanks for having great info. I will be trying to go back to Cococay in three week. I hope it's still there. The last year I was there and I was in Heaven !!

We did walk some like your red line showed but not at far. I did find that the water was filled more with seaweeds down that way. But maybe where you suggest it would be less seaweeded. Well anyway I hope Heaven is still there.

Royal Girl,

I will also be going in April 2005. My daughter, husband and I will be on the Sovereign of the Seas on April 22, 2005. It is a graduation present for my daugher who just graduated with a degree as a vet tech. When are you going?

Archived