Crown Princess-Inaugural dinner party-NYC

ptsong

As Platinum members we were invited to Princess latest Ship - The Crown Princess inaugural dnner party in Princess newest port of call-Red Hook, Brooklyn. The new terminal is very well design and very brightly lited. We arrived at 6pm and were quickly given a temporary pass with photo taken at the entrance to the ship. My first impression was wow! It's the tallest ship I have ever been 18 stories in all.

The Atrium was beautiful and tastefully done. Loves the winding stairs. We were told to follow the crowd ahed of us. First we visited the Statesrooms, minisuite,has flat screen tv, jaccussi and was rather small but adequately comforatble, Standard balcony nothing to brag about while the inside cabin was tiny to me.The handicapped cabins was very spacious though.

We were then taken to the spa room and health club. I love the spa best. Rain shower, steam shower you name it. We proceeded to the top floor and I was amazed at the open area which they call the Serenity area. There wer plenty of cushy single and double reclinning beds, 2 gazeboes, the ceiling was of white canopy. This is the first time I have seen such a well design resting area in any cruise ships.The open air theater was above the swimming pool. So you can watch a movie while swimming in the water or in the jaccussi. Another neat idea.

We were then taken to the theaters, the children rooms, library and games room. All delightfully designed and very pretty. Free cocktails and juices flowing for everyone. The hors d'oeuvres were out of this world too. At 8 pm we were invited to the dinning room for 5 course dinner. From Appetizers to deserts was top notch. After the dinner as if lunch was with us. We saw 1/2 hrs of fireworks on the ship deck that over look the south street sea port in celebration of the Purto Richon's Day.

I will definitely want to go on the Crown Princess. Hopefully soon. Meanwhile back to reality.

What an evening to remember. Thank you Princess!

Serenity.jpg.12257fa7af035955e1afcc33f09460bd.jpg

O.Theater.jpg.57ddb38797d852e0c5ceb5a646471f81.jpg

Atrium.jpg.1002b709f457cc977d93989253e15670.jpg

Thanks for posting your thoughts and photos of the ship. I really like the new atrium design. I was never fond of the large light fixture on the ceiling of the atrium on the Grand class ships. The new fixture is a big improvement.

Ptsong,

Thank you so much for the review and sharing everything you saw. I am wondering - you said you saw the mini-suites - which I am booked in, do they have two flat screen TV's and Jacuzzi tubs or was that the full suite with the flats and the Jacuzzi? If it's the mini's then this just keeps getting better!

Thank you again.

Thanks for the report back!

You talked a little about the spa (not serenity area)...I'm curious how the new layout is with two decks. Is the thermal suite area larger than the Caribbean Princess? How do you get access to it--via a staircase in the spa area or ??? Any more info or pictures appreciated.

I only saw 1 flat screen TV in the facing the bed. There is a small sink in the bedroom next to the bar counter top. Good idea for washing fruits or what not instead of doing that in the bathroom.

Thank you for your report and pictures. Do you recall if the mini suites have 2 tvs and how is the storage space?

Helane

OK You got your wish-3 photos of the Spa. The Spa is Japanese style and has two floors. The Thermal is a floor below.

Thanks for the report back!

You talked a little about the spa (not serenity area)...I'm curious how the new layout is with two decks. Is the thermal suite area larger than the Caribbean Princess? How do you get access to it--via a staircase in the spa area or ??? Any more info or pictures appreciated.

Thermal-Area.jpg.1a5fac20e572d73b7670a698987bffb2.jpg

Steamroom.jpg.51509c5d914837e15aef16c6cb86bd76.jpg

SPA-WAIT.jpg.182b6b0485182414ecd794874dfd9120.jpg

OK, so there is a mininum of 1 flat screen in the mini. There's also a jetted tub? Thanks

I only saw 1 flat screen TV in the facing the bed. There is a small sink in the bedroom next to the bar counter top. Good idea for washing fruits or what not instead of doing that in the bathroom.

That description really sounds like a suite rather than a minisuite. I've never seen a bar sink in a minisuite.

Melissa, Cruise Critic's associate editor, just got back from a two-nighter and says that, at least in "regular" cabins (including standards with verandahs), that there are no flat screens a'la Freedom of the Seas. She also noted that she didn't miss 'em.

Here's her sneak preview, just launched tonight: http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=347

Love to hear your thoughts; feel free to drop me a note at editor@cruisecritic.com!

And I'm sailing on 6/23...very excited to check out the Sanctuary.

Best,

Carolyn

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor

Cruise Critic

Melissa, Cruise Critic's associate editor, just got back from a two-nighter and says that, at least in "regular" cabins (including standards with verandahs), that there are no flat screens a'la Freedom of the Seas. She also noted that she didn't miss 'em.

Here's her sneak preview, just launched tonight: http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=347

Love to hear your thoughts; feel free to drop me a note at editor@cruisecritic.com!

Best,

Carolyn

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor

Cruise Critic

I’m sorry that she felt that Regal Princess paled in comparison to Crown Princess – it would be nice if Princess would get out of the mass market and build more like Regal where cruising was something special. I applaud Princess for their newest ship, but lets not forget where it all began - and that was with Star 1, Crown 1 and Regal. Perhaps a tip of the hat to these forerunners of the current fleet is in order instead of an unfavorable comparison.

Hmmmm...what happened to the duvets in the minis and suites? :rolleyes:

Best,

Carolyn

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor

Cruise Critic

For some reason all I can read is the first paragraph--my screen won't scroll any lower--and I've tried pulling up the page at least 20 times. It's driving me crazy! Probably just my computer, but if anyone has any ideas.....

Archived