Norweigan Crown - please post some positive reviews

We are also sailing on the Crown soon. Would anyone know the answer to this one? Our documents have an E-mail address at the top with our name included.... Is this some sort of personalized way for people to get in touch with us? We are not very computer savy and wondered if that is what that was about? If someone did try to E-mail us, how do you retrieve the message? Also, we have sailed to Bermuda 8 times and always stopped at the pursars desk to grab some seasick meds as soon as we board. Are these available on NCL like they are on other lines? One last question,hopefully.... Is there a dance club/disco with any activity on the Crown? thank you all

Anti seasick medication was available free of charge at the reception desk and medical reception throughout my cruise around South America on Crown in December/January. I would think it will still be available.

Have a great time! Cannot wait to read your positive review..... You're going with the best attitude so you're sure to have a great time. Alot of it is what YOU make of it. Please post pix upon return with a long review. You must be so excited today....

Bags are packed - we leave TODAY!

I'll post a long review when I come back - since there isn't a ton of info on the Crown. I'll try and take lots of pictures of the ship. I'm sure my review will be positive - hey - we're on a cruise - not working - not cooking - not making beds - being waited on - it can't get much better!

Hey jandd728, join our roll call for the 7/09 Crown sailing! We are planning to meet onboard to say hello. Go to the roll call page. This is your first cruise, there is lots to learn. Go over to the thread, we will answer all of your questions. Also go to the "Bermuda" page. Will tell you all the hints about what to do on the island. Of course any place on Cruise Critic is a great place to get answers to your questions. If I hadn't found CC years ago on AOL (at that time it was an AOL only board) before my first cruise,I would have been lost. CC is a lifesaver, and the posters are great people. :)

Where do I find the roll call list? I tried searching and can't find it!

Go to the bottom of the page (right side) and click on forum jump. From there scroll down to find roll calls. Click on NCL and then click on crown.... It's there, just checked it out myself...

Where do I find the roll call list? I tried searching and can't find it!

Curious to know if there is a chocolate buffet on the NCL Crown?

Yes there is. They hold it in the afternoon around tea time. Believe it is on Thursday or Friday. Lots of very tasty cakes, pastries, cookies and for those who like to wade in the chocolate the dipping fountain. From the looks of some of the piled high plates folks had brought bakery boxes along in their luggage and they were taking home enough baked goods for the entire neighborhood.

Sounds yummie!!!!!!!!!! I won't be one of those who are taking home I can assure you that. A piece or two and I'll be more than satisfied.... (maybe 3)

Yes there is. They hold it in the afternoon around tea time. Believe it is on Thursday or Friday. Lots of very tasty cakes, pastries, cookies and for those who like to wade in the chocolate the dipping fountain. From the looks of some of the piled high plates folks had brought bakery boxes along in their luggage and they were taking home enough baked goods for the entire neighborhood.

• 4 weeks later...

Family Cruisers,

I (we) love the Crown...it's smaller than some of the newer ships, but can get into St. George's (which is always fun to watch) and other small ports. The staff has always been outstanding, never a problem with the food, and, of course, Bermuda is beautifu. This Sept. will be our third cruise on the Crown.

Here's a link to some of the past two years' trips. Many are of the ship and Bermuda.

http://community.webshots.com/album/200127584nWtoef

http://community.webshots.com/album/470364710ZvQTYL

Enjoy your trip.

My family of 10 loved it! The food was good, staff was outstanding, the ship was very stable, very smooth sailing.

The main attraction was the destination and Bermuda is fantastic and you can stay off the ship practically 24 hrs a day. NCL's dine around program was wonderful. We upgraded to dinner and ate at the Carriage House and had a 5 star meal that was out of this world from appetizer to dessert and even had wonderful live music and dancing.

Granted the ship is not as glitzy as the newer ships and doesn't have as many activities and cocktail parties as other lines but as I said before the main attraction of this cruise is Bermuda and also sailing out of NYC which can't be beat.

Hello smokie36,

Thanks for posting link to your crown photos... I just finished looking through them and they are just GREAT! You really captured alot of everything... Love the pix from leaving NYC and especially the ones in bermuda. Thanks again.

Family Cruisers,

I (we) love the Crown...it's smaller than some of the newer ships, but can get into St. George's (which is always fun to watch) and other small ports. The staff has always been outstanding, never a problem with the food, and, of course, Bermuda is beautifu. This Sept. will be our third cruise on the Crown.

Here's a link to some of the past two years' trips. Many are of the ship and Bermuda.

http://community.webshots.com/album/200127584nWtoef

http://community.webshots.com/album/470364710ZvQTYL

Enjoy your trip.

I don't know if seasick meds are available as I have never had the ailment. Sorry.

PE

Hi PE! The sea sick meds is Antivert which is prescription in the USA (or used to be) but is given out at the reception desk. Compared to the patch and the shot this is probably the best thing someone could take (is anti vertigo). I found the sheet placed in the cabin on Sea Sickness to be quite informative and helpful. Have never been sick either - we must be Sea Dogs.

When we sailied 7/2 it was held on Friday at 3:30pm.

Archived