Norweigan Crown - please post some positive reviews

The Crown is a beautiful little ship. Like a jewel box. Very well cared for with large staterooms. The crew are very polite. The various diningrooms are attractive and have lots of windows. The food in the main dining room was always very good. Small portions so weight gain is not a problem. The Buffet layout and selection is much better than the Majesty. On good weather days the ship is excellent as one can get away from the cigarette smoke that circulates throughout the ship. On bad days, well it is a small ship and if you smoke no problem.

The Philadelphia passenger mix is another matter and in my opinion not worthy of a second try. If you are sailing out of NYC or going during the winter season out of South America I think you will have a fine time.

Thanks for your info... We are leaving in october out of N.Y.

We're very excited about this trip. Can you tell me this...... Can we get a table for two in the dining room?

The Crown is a beautiful little ship. Like a jewel box. Very well cared for with large staterooms. The crew are very polite. The various diningrooms are attractive and have lots of windows. The food in the main dining room was always very good. Small portions so weight gain is not a problem. The Buffet layout and selection is much better than the Majesty. On good weather days the ship is excellent as one can get away from the cigarette smoke that circulates throughout the ship. On bad days, well it is a small ship and if you smoke no problem.

The Philadelphia passenger mix is another matter and in my opinion not worthy of a second try. If you are sailing out of NYC or going during the winter season out of South America I think you will have a fine time.

Yes. There are tons of two's in the dining room. However, the two's are placed about six inches away from a four so at times you will be basically a table of six. Other times they will use the fours for two people However on the Philadelphia cruise being at a table of two was like being in a seperate room as many of the fours seated six inches away simply pretended that I as a solo traveler was not even there. And that was after I attempted to engage them in conversation. I sincerely believe that you will find the NYC crowd to be much more engaging. Louder maybe but much more engaging.

Had wonderful cruise around South America on Crown. Staff was excellent, rooms were large, very good storage space. Ship was kept in wonderful shape. Food was fair to good. We certainly did not go hungry.

Tables for two were available, however they were quite close to table for four. You might have to wait a few minutes when dining room was busy.

I will be sorry to see shipeave the fleet. She was perfect size for getting into most ports without tenders.

We recently sailed the Crown to Bermuda (5/28-6/4) from Philly, our first cruise on NCL. The crew was very warm and friendly, our room steward provided excellent service, as did the stewards in the dining room. We very much enjoyed the outside entertainers who performed in the show lounge, and the production numbers were full of energy and enthusiasm from start to finish (despite the fact that the lead male singer couldn't sing on key). The ship was very clean and the staff pleasant and helpful. We made the acquaintance of several CC'ers who were great company and lots of fun. Breakfast in the main dining room was a pleasure; food served hot and as ordered. Our outside cabin (#9009 - Riviera Deck) was a nice size; comfortable and lots of storage space. We prefer to cruise on smaller ships (a more intimate atmosphere) and found the Crown met our preference in this regard.

Board with a positive attitude and enjoy.:)

Its so nice to hear positive things... I will be on the crown out of NY on 7/9 and was starting to get apprehensive about it from some of the reviews I had read previously. It is my first cruise and I was hesitant on going in the first place, but hearing all the good things is getting me much more excited!

Only 24 days to go!!:)

Please write a detailed review when you return. This is my boyfriends first cruise and I want it to be just wonderful for him. I want to hear it all...Please don't forget....Thanks and Have a GREAT time.

Its so nice to hear positive things... I will be on the crown out of NY on 7/9 and was starting to get apprehensive about it from some of the reviews I had read previously. It is my first cruise and I was hesitant on going in the first place, but hearing all the good things is getting me much more excited!

We LOVE the Crown and are sad that 2007 will be her last NCL season. We sailed to Bermuda on her last Sept and are going again this Sept. Here's a link to our review: http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=13120

Best wishes (and if you're sailing in October, you'll see another of our Crown reviews before you go...) David

PS It's a particularly good ship for a first cruise: nice and stable for those 700 miles of open Atlantic and frankly, if it's his first cruise he won't have been accustomed by the Vast Monster of the Seas (or some other supermega ship) to expect climbing walls, ice-skating rinks, interplanetary flight simulators, etc. ;) stuff you won't find on the lovely little Crown...

:D We are going on Oct Repositioning also, and will continue from Santiago to Buenos Aires. Cant give you review now, but excited for the Oct Cruise "down South".

look fwd for Crown being smaller; and a more intimate ship.

Might want to check on Roll Call Board for Crown under Norwegian.

More traveling on 10/29 date.

Look fwd to seeing you there.

Best,

Magnolia Man:)

Please write a detailed review when you return. This is my boyfriends first cruise and I want it to be just wonderful for him. I want to hear it all...Please don't forget....Thanks and Have a GREAT time.

I absolutely will post a full review when I get back!

We leave this Sunday out of Philly (guess we're part of the Philly passenger mix that's not worth a 2nd try). I will definitely post a review upon my return.

Seriously Tumeroll - not all of us "Philadelphians" are like that. We were on the Dawn, met a very nice women who was travelling alone - and invited her to have dinner with us one evening. But - she did say that when you are a single woman travelling alone - not too many couples will invite you to dinner.

Seriously Tumeroll - not all of us "Philadelphians" are like that.

Thank you for saying this out loud. I found the people in Philadelphia to be very polite and engaging. We flew in a couple of days early (for our Crown cruise) to properly visit Philly. We had a wonderful time. Besides Philly is a lot less expensive than NY.

As for the cruise...it was typical NCL. Very friendly crew that welcomes you into their home. More than adequate food...but I would personally steer away from the buffet for breakfast (go to the dining room). Energetic cruise staff, get involved and you will have a great time.

Bermuda is fantastic. This was our first trip and we will be going back. There is just so much to see and experience that you can't do it all in such a short period of time.

PE

We leave this Sunday out of Philly (guess we're part of the Philly passenger mix that's not worth a 2nd try). I will definitely post a review upon my return.

Seriously Tumeroll - not all of us "Philadelphians" are like that. We were on the Dawn, met a very nice women who was travelling alone - and invited her to have dinner with us one evening. But - she did say that when you are a single woman travelling alone - not too many couples will invite you to dinner.

We traveled out of Philly last October on the Crown. We are from Pittsburgh and thought that Philly was an extremely polite city, much more so than Pittsburgh. Even as we embarked in our Steeler shirts, ofcourse we took a little ribbing, but it was all in good fun. We also met a lot of people on board, couples, singles and families. Everyone was extremely friendly.:D

Thanks for the comments about people from Philly. We're not all bad.

PittFan - You would only take a LITTLE ribbing wearing a Steeler's Jersey. Just don't wear a Dallas one - then you'd be in trouble :-).

Thanks for the comments about people from Philly. We're not all bad.

PittFan - You would only take a LITTLE ribbing wearing a Steeler's Jersey. Just don't wear a Dallas one - then you'd be in trouble :-).

Actually we know better....Dallas is off limits here too! It could start a riot! LOL!!!:p

Wow, Hi everybody... I just got in from work and am checking the cc msg. board. I was so happy to come in and read so many great/positive reviews... Cannot wait for those going soon on the crown to come back and post your reviews... I'll be looking !

Enjoy ....

Hey jandd728, join our roll call for the 7/09 Crown sailing! We are planning to meet onboard to say hello. Go to the roll call page. This is your first cruise, there is lots to learn. Go over to the thread, we will answer all of your questions. Also go to the "Bermuda" page. Will tell you all the hints about what to do on the island. Of course any place on Cruise Critic is a great place to get answers to your questions. If I hadn't found CC years ago on AOL (at that time it was an AOL only board) before my first cruise,I would have been lost. CC is a lifesaver, and the posters are great people. :)

We're sailing on the Crown March 07. Long ways off, but I'm excited nonetheless. I'm anxious to sail on small ship and the South America itinerary looks fabulous!

I'm pleased to read this thread. I received a call from an online cruise booking agency who, after learning that I had a sailing booked on the Crown, proceeded to knock the heck out of her! I was so shocked. Now why would a person seeking buisness attack a ship that the potential client is already happily booked on? I don't get it.

Anyway, I'm just delighted with the comments made by CC and I'm very excited about this sailing.

And if I see a solo woman, I'll invite her to join us... although my husband isn't going on this cruise with me, my girlfriend is, we'll extend and invitation to join us. One of these days I may attempt a solo cruise. I think it would be kinda nice.

Bags are packed - we leave TODAY!

I'll post a long review when I come back - since there isn't a ton of info on the Crown. I'll try and take lots of pictures of the ship. I'm sure my review will be positive - hey - we're on a cruise - not working - not cooking - not making beds - being waited on - it can't get much better!

We are also sailing on the Crown soon. Would anyone know the answer to this one? Our documents have an E-mail address at the top with our name included.... Is this some sort of personalized way for people to get in touch with us? We are not very computer savy and wondered if that is what that was about? If someone did try to E-mail us, how do you retrieve the message? Also, we have sailed to Bermuda 8 times and always stopped at the pursars desk to grab some seasick meds as soon as we board. Are these available on NCL like they are on other lines? One last question,hopefully.... Is there a dance club/disco with any activity on the Crown? thank you all

We are also sailing on the Crown soon. Would anyone know the answer to this one? Our documents have an E-mail address at the top with our name included.... Is this some sort of personalized way for people to get in touch with us? We are not very computer savy and wondered if that is what that was about? If someone did try to E-mail us, how do you retrieve the message? Also, we have sailed to Bermuda 8 times and always stopped at the pursars desk to grab some seasick meds as soon as we board. Are these available on NCL like they are on other lines? One last question,hopefully.... Is there a dance club/disco with any activity on the Crown? thank you all

The email account is your preassigned address on the ship. If someone were to send you an email you would have to buy internet minutes to retrieve it.

I don't know if seasick meds are available as I have never had the ailment. Sorry.

The Top of the Crown will be your evening dance club. This is where they have most of the evening activities and then it becomes the disco with DJ Sugar.

PE

Archived