Jeans and Khaki shorts

Shorts are not allowed in the dining room at dinner.... breakfast and lunch are fine. Jeans are not prohibited, but keep in mind it is a formal dining room, formal place settings, formally dressed staff, etc. So you should try to dress like you would if you were going to a nice restaurant... on formal nights, I would say jeans wouldn't do ;)

Shorts are no allowed in the dining room at dinner, they are fine for breakfast & lunch.

Jeans are a sore subject, Carnival asked that jeans not be worn in the dining room during dinner.

Most people abide by the rule but there will be a few that think they are dining at Mc Donalds. You will have to make your own choice on the jeans, i am not even going to get involved in this one. Read some other posted about jeans and make your own decision.

Not everyone finds jeans too hot in the summer. It has been 95-100 here this last week and jeans are still part of our wardrobe. The interior of the ship is usually cool to cold anyway.

Carnival does not ask that jeans not be worn in the dining room at dinner.

While the dining room is nice, you are eating with 500 other people, the waiters dance and sing, and there are announcements during the meal. So it is by no means an intimate, fine dining experience.

"You should dress up as though going to a nice restaurant" can mean dark pressed jeans, nice button down shirt and nice shoes.

I do agree that shorts are not to be worn and for the formal nights most men will wear either a dark suit or a tux.

Taken directly off Carnival's web site.

faq.gif

spacer.gif"Is there a dress code for the dining room?spacer.gifDepending on the length of the cruise, either formal dress or casual resort wear is required in the Dining Room. The dress requirement for children is the same. For those not wanting to dress up, the Lido restaurants are open nightly (with the exception of the last evening of the cruise), and have a casual dress code. "

Definitions: "Formal Wear: tuxedo (optional); suit and tie; sport coat, tie and slacks; evening gown; cocktail dress; pantsuit Casual Resort Wear: sport shirts and slacks; dresses; skirts; pantsuit NOTE: Shorts, t-shirts and bathing attire are not permitted in the Dining Room during dinner. "

I do not see any mention of jeans anywhere, do you? As you can see, it has been a long time since I have been on CCL. After reading all these posts, I was wondering, how big of a problem this really is? Is half the dining room full of people with jeans on or just a handfull and the people on these boards are making way more of it than they should be?

I can see being slightly put off. exp. On NCL at LeBistro's we were dressed well. I had what I would call a party dress and DH had slacks and tie (no jacket) and a woman at the table across from us was wearing, no joke, a jogging suit. We had a good laugh and a bit of a huff and went on with our lovely dinner.

Side note to LynntheCruiser. Not everyone owns anything, but jeans, and so therefore they find anything else uncomfortable. I myself wear heals on an almost daily basis and find tennis shoes too confining and hot. But most women can't even walk properly in a pair of heels. This topic is for another thread though.:D I'm a cloths and shoe fend and couldn't care less what anyone else does.

On Rhapsody of the Seas in 2004, one of the guys at our table wore blue jeans to formal night. He had a pressed white button up shirt, blue jeans, his big rodeo belt buckle and black Roper boots. Oh and his cowboy hat. My wife says it was "Texas Formal" as he was from Abilene.

I think it depends on the maitre' d.

Archived