Joe's in Miami and lobster

bettycrocker

I saw in a previous thread that Oct through May was the "season" for Joes. We will be in Miami in Sept, will that still be ok?

Also, my husband absolutely loves lobster. Does anyone have any recomendations for a good lobster place? I would prefer one that isn't going to cost us over $100 (I don't usually eat lobster), but if there's a place I simply must not miss, then so be it.

Thanks

I think after reading the post about lobster, maybe I'll just visit Maine and eat at Bubba Gumps instead. Sorry hubby, if you want lobster you have to take me to Maine. Darn!:rolleyes:

Just a note, NCL does have the Maine lobster with the claws in tanks that you can choose from in one of their "cover" restaurants and it is very good. Our waitress even took it out of the shell and cracked the claws for us. I think she would have cut it up and fed it to us, if we wanted. Now that's service!:D

I saw in a previous thread that Oct through May was the "season" for Joes. We will be in Miami in Sept, will that still be ok?

Also, my husband absolutely loves lobster. Does anyone have any recomendations for a good lobster place? I would prefer one that isn't going to cost us over $100 (I don't usually eat lobster), but if there's a place I simply must not miss, then so be it.

Thanks

;) just make sure they serve Maine lobster

• 3 weeks later...

One really must try stone crabs at Joe's (their signature dish), although all their seafood is good.

When Joe's was limited to their own stone crab harvest on the west coast of Florida, it did pretty much follow the winter tourist season.

Now they obtain stone crabs from the Caribbean and elsewhere also, so they pretty much have them year-round.

I love their cole slaw and cottage fried sweets (sweet potatoes).

Now they obtain stone crabs from the Caribbean and elsewhere also, so they pretty much have them year-round.

Not according to their website. It indicates stone crabs are only available during the actual stone crab season. When it's off season, they have a different menu. There are other types of crab availalble, but not stone crab.

• 3 weeks later...

I have read that they are either closed during the summer months when crabs are not taken or they serve other seafood but no stone crabs. If you do go there be prepared to either scmeer the head waiter with a $20 to get a table or wait an hour to be seated, even if you see empty tables. That's Miami!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived