Quest. re: train from Seward to Anchorage

NYteacher

No problem at all! Although it says we disembark at 8 am, the reality is that it's more like 6:15. The railroad passengers are always among the first to disembark, so make sure you plan to rise early so you can get a bite to eat before the train trip! Have a great trip!!! We follow you in a week and can hardly wait!!!!:cool:

The train ride is marvelous! I thought we were through seeing glaciers once we got off the ship ... but we passed some on the way in. Scenery is absolutely beautiful. You'll be glad you chose the train into Anchorage.

:) Seward to Anchorage

We did back-to-back cruises last year on the Ryndam.

Those passengers who booked the train from Seward to Anchorage were really surprised to find out that they had to be collecting their luggage in the terminal, get it placed on the trucks, and be on the train by 6:30.

It does leave very early.

That was my experience. I was a still a bit bleary-eyed when I got on the train. The "S" curve you go around is beautiful. We saw several waterfalls and a moose. The train is more fun than the bus, IMO. There are waiters on the train...I ordered a muffin and coffee which was nice.

Roz

We were on this train last Sunday and there was no trouble disembarking in time for train. We sailed on Veendam and upgraded train thru them. We were off about 6:15. The Lido opens up early that day for breakfast, 5 am if I remember correctly. We loved the train ride.

Archived