Roll Call; Pride 12/2-9-16 B2B Barbados

JaneBP

By the way, I got "cold feet" about arriving on Saturday, and have changed my air to arrive Thursday, as well! ;) Still looking at places to stay....

quote]

Paul, it would be great if you joined us at Peach and Quiet!

We found it on Trip Advisor too. Great reviews and a great price! We haven't stayed there before but are taking a chance on all the reviews being right and are actually staying on for 11 nights after the cruise also and returning to the UK after Christmas!

Haven't booked for the Saturday as a day room - a great idea, but won't change our booking now and will board the Pride on the Saturday afternoon as soon as permitted!:p

Look forward to meeting you on board if not before!

Sue

DH and I will be taking our first Seabourn sail Dec 2. Staying in Barbados a few days before and a few days after, at the Accra Beach Hotel. I CAN'T WAIT!! (sorry for yelling) Dj;)
My DH and I are on the same cruise, are first Seabourn also. We are thinking of booking into the Peach and Quiet. Not sure yet. Trying to talk him into it. I'll check out the Accra also. We're looking forward to meeting everyone !!!:D

I'm so tickled that other CCers are going to be at Peach & Quiet....that is so nice! I'm looking forward to meeting you all! Great to have a few leisurely days pre-cruise on "land", isn't it? And right on the ocean, it looks like a peaceful place. (A 'peachful' place, rather)...;)

Jane :)

is now seriously on her pre-cruise diet

Seems like there's a big golf tournament (World Golf Championships World Cup), Dec. 5-10. Also seems like most of us posting have already gotten our pre-cruise stays booked! (I settled on the Coral Mist! Got a studio pretty cheap!)

Apparently, when those of us leaving on the 9th are sniffing and crying, we'll have golfers who missed the cut leaving, as well! There's gonna be a lot of unhappy campers in that airport on the 9th! :eek:

Maybe all the "pre-cruisers" can plan to meet at the Friday night food festival for a beverage or 2...

Here's a Barbados website that will have useful info...

http://barbados.org/

Paul ;)

who's starting to get a wee bit excited....:D

Jane/Jane,

I hope you will get to spend an afternoon at Crane Beach (I believe it is near your "Peach" of a hotel). It is absolutely beautiful. The setting is easily recognizable from several upscale advertising campaigns. The Crane Beach Hotel was my first choice before my cruise last December but the hotel had a minimum stay period which disqualified my one-night stay. I first visited a few years ago and, while there was a modest entry charge, I received a ticket valid for a purchase equal to the entry fee at any of the hotel's restaurants or snack bars. The hotel is built on a bluff and a beautiful beach with pink-tinged sand lies below. If you enjoy playing in medium-size waves, you will enjoy a swim there! The waves and the isolation meant there were no hawkers or jet skis. It made for a beautiful afternoon.

If I can get a handle on work, we may join you and the congenial crowd on the 12/02/2006 seven-night sailing - if there's any space left!

johnny

I've heard their beach is spectacular. I looked at The Crane as well (also some other beautiful hotels in St. James which are over my head pricey). If I have some time in the afternoon after my dives, I'd love to check it out.

I do hope you can find a cabin on the cruise, johnny, the more the merrier.

A golf tournament, huh, Paul? Are you a golfer, can you go watch?

Jane :)

A golf tournament, huh, Paul? Are you a golfer, can you go watch?

I'm not a golfer, (although I sometimes watch it on TV!) but I thought it might be a "heads-up" for anyone planning around the 2nd, or the 9th.... Of course, all the golfers will probably stay more "upscale" than moi, but I imagine hotels & flights might tighten up a wee bit in the upcoming months....

I guess disembarking guests on the 9th might be able to find the tournament and watch a while, wherever it is...

Glad I'm booked (& ready to go...NOW!) :D

Paul

Hi everyone. We need advice form those of you who already booked your airfare. We are moving from Ga to Pa, so don't know yet if we should book out of Atlanta or Philly. When I check prices on the web, they go up every day, but if you look at the planes seating charts, the flights are virtually empty. Do you all book with a TA, with Seabourn, or on your own? Thanks !!:confused:

I live in Philly and always make my own air reervations. I am flying from PHL>SJU>BGI because there is not a non-stop flight on 11/30. (There used to be a n/s). On return 12/16, there is a n/s. I think with the season, you need to consider that the weather might be a detractor. Not usually, but then, with ATL you have a busier airport and potential weather delays as well.

FWIW, I don't think the fares are going to get any cheaper, even with the mid-term elections.

Jane (hope this helps, but doubt it does<G>)

Hi Nanagirl!

We moved from PA to NC about three years ago so I understand how you are feeling:p

I agree with Jane that it is best for your to arrange your own air from PHL.

Not sure which part of Philly or the suburbs you will be located in after the move ... When we lived outside of PHL we would look at Newark on Continential for Caribbean travel as well as USAir out of EWR and PHL.

As far as the cruise is concerned you can book with a TA, on line or directly with SB.

Hope that helps!

I just checked again, and Delta has a 6:10 am (yikes) flight out of Philly, 1 stop in Atlanta, arrives in BGI at @3:15. I think I'll go ahead and book.:eek:

Nanagirl ... you may want to look at USAir ... there should be a flight out of PHL through CLT to BGI. The CLT to BGI leg, which we are on, leaves at 9:25 a.m. PHL is a USAir town ... meaning come bad weather (de-icing, etc) they will get those USAir flights out before Delta and AA ...

Trust me, we lived in PHL for over 30 years and learned the hard way. One January the family was going to Aruba for a week. My parents flew on USAir and we flew on AA ... needless to say my folks, who left 2 hours later than we did, arrived in Aruba some 6 hours ahead of us. We were supposed to be in Aruba 4 hours before them. I still have nightmares about that trip:eek:

Hi Nanagirl!

We moved from PA to NC about three years ago so I understand how you are feeling:p

I agree with Jane that it is best for your to arrange your own air from PHL.

Not sure which part of Philly or the suburbs you will be located in after the move ... When we lived outside of PHL we would look at Newark on Continential for Caribbean travel as well as USAir out of EWR and PHL.

As far as the cruise is concerned you can book with a TA, on line or directly with SB.

Hope that helps!

out of Philly, stopping in Atl. We're booked on the cruise. Last part is getting a hotel in Barbados. I.m going to book with Margaret at the Peach and Quiet, although she has no ocean rooms left. Thanks for your help !!!:)

Nanagirl ... you may want to look at USAir ... there should be a flight out of PHL through CLT to BGI. The CLT to BGI leg, which we are on, leaves at 9:25 a.m. PHL is a USAir town ... meaning come bad weather (de-icing, etc) they will get those USAir flights out before Delta and AA ...

Trust me, we lived in PHL for over 30 years and learned the hard way. One January the family was going to Aruba for a week. My parents flew on USAir and we flew on AA ... needless to say my folks, who left 2 hours later than we did, arrived in Aruba some 6 hours ahead of us. We were supposed to be in Aruba 4 hours before them. I still have nightmares about that trip:eek:

Good point, but too late. I booked with Delta ( FF miles add up). We always flew Delta out of Atlanta, mostly because we had no ther choice.Price fixing at it's finest. Thanks anyway.:)

I.m going to book with Margaret at the Peach and Quiet, although she has no ocean rooms left. quote]

Just so you don't feel that you missed out: we booked our stay at Peach and Quiet in January 2006 and Margaret had no ocean rooms left then!

Looks like we'll all be together in the Garden Rooms...:)

Sue

I.m going to book with Margaret at the Peach and Quiet, although she has no ocean rooms left. quote]

Just so you don't feel that you missed out: we booked our stay at Peach and Quiet in January 2006 and Margaret had no ocean rooms left then!

Sue

Sue

Hey bunnies...hope your much traveled bunny accompanies you to Barbados. Lola

Sounds like you have all the hard parts done now Nanagirl.

So which dates will you be sailing on the Pride?

We'll be on the first week only:( . Margaret confirmed today, Peach and Quiet here we come !!!!

Looking forward to meeting all of you,

Linda and Ken

Archived