Roll Call; Pride 12/2-9-16 B2B Barbados

JaneBP

I will be there too.

First time on the pride...Always been a legendary type of guy.

I will go back thru the thread and make a master list of who will be there.

Looking foward to meeting so many of you.

Im the Champagne over ice guy at the sky bar....

This is the tally as I can see.

I am sure there are errors, mis-spellings and plain old mistakes but at least it is a start

12/2

East Coast Jane (JaneBP)

Don (BostonBrahmin)

Sue and Ralph (Cruisebunny)

Paul (Crystal808)

West Coast Jane (SantaAna,CA)

Wendy and Norman (wif)

DH&DJ (djaay)

Linda and Ken (nanagirl)

Simon and Lovis (crusinsimon)

Dave in Naples (oldman)

12/9

East Coast Jane (JaneBP)

Wendy and Norman (wif)

Jen and DH (DisneyJen)

Don:

Great to "have" you aboard! Champagne on ice, eh? Shouldn't be hard to spot! ;)

My first Pride voyage, as well...then back to the Legend in March! (Does one always seem to gravitate to their first "Triplet"??)

Looking forward to seeing you!

Paul

Thanks, Don, for making the list. For the first week, I will be with my friend, Fred, so add one more. It's quite a sizeable force, yes? I prefer to sit on the port side of the SkyBar because the music is plugged into the wall by the starboard side.

Paul,

I was a Pride novitiate and when I first boarded the Legend last year, I felt as if I was unfaithful! However, just on embarking I was amazed that there was no difference at all (ok, except for a few minor things). Then, I found some of the Pride crew had transferred to the Legend, so I was at home once again. I will 'try' the Spirit next year, so isn't that like a 'Triple Crown'?

Jane

I can't believe you are the only CCer on that week!

:( Jane

I am thinking Kids... Of all the weeks there may be kids onboard, Thankgiving would be near the top of the list.

Blackbird does not mine kids, and I hear the Sky Grill BBQs them just so :D:D

Thanks, Don, for making the list. For the first week, I will be with my friend, Fred, so add one more. It's quite a sizeable force, yes? I prefer to sit on the port side of the SkyBar because the music is plugged into the wall by the starboard side.

Paul,

I was a Pride novitiate and when I first boarded the Legend last year, I felt as if I was unfaithful! However, just on embarking I was amazed that there was no difference at all (ok, except for a few minor things). Then, I found some of the Pride crew had transferred to the Legend, so I was at home once again. I will 'try' the Spirit next year, so isn't that like a 'Triple Crown'?

Jane

Have a great time Jane..and a big hi to Fred..he is fun. I guess he is addicted now as well. Lola

Or a "triple Triplet"!!! However you slice it, you're definitely gonna be a winner!

I know I'll be fine as soon as I step aboard the Pride...how could I not?? :)

Paul

take me with you...PLEASE!! ;)

I am thinking Kids... Of all the weeks there may be kids onboard, Thankgiving would be near the top of the list.

No doubt, the chef has had plenty of experience!! :p

And if you're the only CCer on board, you can get a CC cap and every one will think you're a ocean-going journalist! And with your camera along, as well, and your PowerBook...you'll certainly be convincingly equipped! :D

Paul

who would jump on board if time/$$ permitted, so as to sooth the savage Blackbird's anxiety! ;)

who would jump on board if time/$$ permitted, so as to sooth the savage Blackbird's anxiety! ;)

Two Apple users onboard... :)

OK Sailors a little harder question for you :eek:

Lucky for me I have this wonderful $400 shipboard credit,, I may need it badly:D

On Margarita Island, I am thinking of doing the cough cough $685 Canaima & Angel Fall tour. Has anybody done this tour before?? Blackbird does not want to be tied to his suite's wonderful bathroom for a couple days so I have decided to pretty much pass on the BBQ Chicken lunch on this tour. But other than that, the tour sounds great and a once in a lifetime thing.

I have never been to Margarita Island before and sad to say, after reading all the tours for my cruise, it was only on Margarita Island that I came up with more than one tour that I liked, in fact for it I came up with three.

Here is my list of tours so far

Canaima & Angels Falls

Grenada The Exotic Island

St Lucia by Land and Sea

St Vincent 3 Ways

Blackbird,

Sad to say that the Canaima and Angel Falls flight tour will not operate due to insufficient insurance coverage.

...at least that clarifies your decision for the day!

bgood

Thanks for the list Don, but one little correction. On the 12/9 leg of the cruise wif (which is me) is Nancy and my husband Brian, and wjf is Norman and Wendy.

I'm really excited about this cruise! it will be our first time on Seabourn and we can't wait. We are arriving in Barbados on Sunday 12/3 so we will have almost a whole week to unwind and get rid of jet lag (coming from Northern California) before the cruise. We can't wait to meet everyone!

Nancy

Giggle, giggle Blackbird. I have similar feelings. 'nuff said.

Finally got my excursion book. I was eyeballing the flight into the jungle too, until I noticed that price. Ohmigosh! I'm counting on my shipboard credit to cover WiFi and dry cleaning. :rolleyes:

I think I may do the horseback ride on Margarita Island. I love horsies and I can't find a dive shop for the day.

Jane

Blackbird,

Sad to say that the Canaima and Angel Falls flight tour will not operate due to insufficient insurance coverage.

bgood

Thanks bgood for the info... Plan B is now a Gooooo :D

bgood,, I am looking at two Legend cruises in Mar. One reason I have the Mar 11 at the top is the Crash Landing on St. Barts Tour,:eek: or as Seabourn calls it BIRD'S EYE VIEW ISLAND TOUR. If you hear any problems with it please post on the Watercooler thread. :)

think I may do the horseback ride on Margarita Island. I love horsies

Will that be a one tank or two horseback ride... :p

I am looking at two Legend cruises in Mar. One reason I have the Mar 11 at the top is the Crash Landing on St. Barts Tour,:eek: or as Seabourn calls it BIRD'S EYE VIEW ISLAND TOUR.

BB:

Come join me on the 11th! Maybe you can talk me into the Crash Landing, err, Bird's Eye View, too! :eek:

Paul

>"Crash Landing on St. Barts Tour, or as Seabourn calls it BIRD'S EYE VIEW ISLAND TOUR."

I wonder why it's not an option in December?

Jane (Thrilled to find a ring on her new cell phone sounds like the Seabourn suite phone. Trouble is that when it rings, it's not Gianni checking on me!)

BB:

Come join me on the 11th! Maybe you can talk me into the Crash Landing, err, Bird's Eye View, too! :eek:

Paul

I will know on my Nov 18 cruise if I will be staying a little longer at the railroad and if so will book. IF I book I am going to try the 11th. :)

Blackbird has not done a fun Combat Landing since Vietnam..... :D

I will know on my Nov 18 cruise if I will be staying a little longer at the railroad and if so will book. IF I book I am going to try the 11th. :)

Great chance to use the onboard discount! Hope it works out! :)

Jane (Thrilled to find a ring on her new cell phone sounds like the Seabourn suite phone. Trouble is that when it rings, it's not Gianni checking on me!)

Jane: Just curious...what kind of phone did you get?

Paul

>"Just curious...what kind of phone did you get?"

I got a LGVX3400 from Verizon. My old one died after 4 years. This one was recently reviewed favorably in the NYT 'Circuits' column written by the chap who did the Mac OSX book. He reviewed the 'basic' phones from the big 4 providers. I am happy with it and can't yet figure out texting or speed dialing. (Not that I plan to do much of either.) I don't use mine that much and don't know if it works overseas. But I love the ring and the alarm functions.

Jane (See you soon!)

I was perusing the list, and think Cape Breton Gal and her husband should be on it too. They are logged in on the Roll Call Board and she did post earlier on this thread.

12/2

East Coast Jane (JaneBP) and Fred

Don (BostonBrahmin)

Paul (Crystal808)

West Coast Jane (SantaAna,CA)

Wendy and Norman (wif)

DH&DJ (djaay)

Linda and Ken (nanagirl)

Simon and Lovis (crusinsimon)

Dave in Naples (oldman)

>"Just curious...what kind of phone did you get?"

I got a LGVX3400 from Verizon. My old one died after 4 years. This one was recently reviewed favorably in the NYT 'Circuits' column written by the chap who did the Mac OSX book. He reviewed the 'basic' phones from the big 4 providers. I am happy with it and can't yet figure out texting or speed dialing. (Not that I plan to do much of either.) I don't use mine that much and don't know if it works overseas. But I love the ring and the alarm functions.

Jane (See you soon!)

Jane:

If it was in the NY Times, it's probably by David Pogue. I've met him on several "Geek" cruises, and he's an absolute delightful guy, with a wonderful family as well! Maybe one day we can persuade him to join us on SB!!! His series of books on Macs (and Windows, too, for that matter) are fun reads, and extremely well-done.

I've got a Verizon/LG phone as well; I might look to upgrading it sometime soon, as it's about 3 years old now.... Is the ringtone you chose available online, or did it come with the new phone? Just curious.....

Paul

who thinks Dec. can't come soon enough....

Archived