Roll Call; Pride 12/2-9-16 B2B Barbados

JaneBP

BB is a little jealous,, you got your GTY so early, BB was checking 3 times a day... :p

Paul was trying to limit his checking to once a day(!) ;) and it was his first check today! (Guess a lil' Birdie made me do it....:rolleyes: )

All packed but for the Tux and two sports coats and ye old Powerbook I am typing on. :D

Yep...the P'book's always the last thing to pack...even after the tux!

Paul hopes BB's virgin cruise is as much pampering as BB can handle...an early Bon Voyage to you, Sir!

Paul

who's still picking up his jaw...and will giggle all night long

Well I'm still a GTY...maybe they are saving the "anchor view" suite for me....

Well, no doubt they want you to feel "at home"! :)

who checks twice a day....at least....

I'm checking, too...to make sure it wasn't a typo! :eek:

Paul

who will be interested to see if Jane's pink tanks actually make it onboard with her new carrier...THEN we'll see the "hands on the hips"!! :D

I'm so excited! I checked our online booking form (second time today :) ) and lo and behold, we had a suite assignment. We got Suite 112 and I'm very happy! It's low and midship which is perfect. My husband is a bit worried about motion sickness. I don't think he'll have anything to worry about, but he's happy with a lower deck.

Now it seems real! I can't wait to experience the Seabourn life that I have been reading about for the last year! Two weeks until we leave for Barbados. I can't wait! :D

Nancy

Hi all

This will be my only post on my cruise so I did not start a new thread. I will answer all the Barbados/other questions with the answers I have found.

Warning Will Robinson ... If you fly into Barbados around 3:00pm,,, You may get to spend around 1 hr and 15 minutes with around 800 of your very close friends in a large queue. At around 3:00pm on Saturday for sure, a 747, two 767 and an Airbus 319 shows up. The line for Immgration starts out the door to the main airport, once in the door you stay in the large mass of people until you hit the Disney style back and forward. I got out of my plane door at 3:15, I did not clear Immigration until 4:35. Getting a taxi was easy and I got a FAST taxi to the port. :D What is 100km per hour.... Taxi to port is $25 US.

One of the many things I pointed out to the hotel manager is you are force to walk up one side of the small mini mall at the port and down the other side with your luggage. Once you finish your tour of the mall there is a Seabourn port agent that tells you to leave your luggage with her, because they have to take it back to the entry of the mall where the luggage scanners are for scanning. I told the HM that this was crazy, why not have the agent get the luggage at the entry of the mall and process it to the ship. I wanted to stop at a store for a golf shirt but not with all my luggage.

I did not process in until 5:30. Lifeboat drill was at 5:15. I now have an letter from the Chief Office excusing me from lifeboat drill because of my late check in.

Marina Day was cancelled and the Hotel Manage just said the Captain cancelled it.

At 7:00pm I hit ye old Boring Sky Bar one couple there, the bar was set up with food for the Sky Grill Dinner in Barbados.

To connect an iPod to the Bose system you need spilters with RCA jacks on it. Easy to get at Radio Shack.

There are tenders shore in Tobago.

Blackie,

Please start a new "Nov. 18th Review thread" as there are so many CC'ers following in your footsteps!:p

I am relating to your Bridgetown airport customs line.....it's the same 'ole line I've suffered thru'.....sorry 'bout that!:confused:

Is your Hotman, Mr. Rick? He's grrrreat~~~who is your Cruise Director? And Chef?

Say "howdy" to one of my favorites, "Stijn, Chief Purser".....he's a

hoot and a holler! He knows "Pinkie" quite well.:o

Have lots of fun today! And tomorrow, too!

Pinkie

Hello Blackbird!

So sorry to hear that you had a bad start to your cruise with your problems with Immigration at Barbados and getting through the port onto the ship but hope that you will now be refreshed and ready to start enjoying your cruise.

Sorry that your Marina Day was cancelled but at least you will now be able to see something of Tobago.

Please continue to post if you can. We have been looking forward to your reports so much......

Very best wishes for an enjoyable trip.:)

Sue

I would REALLY like to know what BB finds out about Marina Day being canceled. And mostly I would like to know that it was made up to him and told explicitly why it was canceled. Poor Bird!

Djaaay, I agree with you completely. I would be very upset if our marina day was cancelled on the December 2nd departure.

This was an advertised part of the cruise and it should only be cancelled for a very, very good reason.

I assume the weather conditions are OK as there are tenders to the shore.

Sue

>"At 7:00pm I hit ye old Boring Sky Bar one couple there, the bar was set up with food for the Sky Grill Dinner in Barbados. "

Now that would be really annoying! Have a BBC on me and tell them I will 'settle up' when I get onboard.

East Coast Jane

I'm so excited! I checked our online booking form (second time today :) ) and lo and behold, we had a suite assignment. We got Suite 112 and I'm very happy! It's low and midship which is perfect. My husband is a bit worried about motion sickness. I don't think he'll have anything to worry about, but he's happy with a lower deck.

Now it seems real! I can't wait to experience the Seabourn life that I have been reading about for the last year! Two weeks until we leave for Barbados. I can't wait! :D

Nancy

Hi Nancy, We have 112 on the 12/2 cruise !! Looks like a good location. Of course, I don't think there is a bad ;) location on this cruise.

Linda

How nice to follow a friend if one forgets something <G>. On Seabourn my mother left a sweater (I think in the drawer under the TV, but I'm not sure where). She called the company and they were going to check, but a friend followed them in the same suite, found it, and took it home.

Jane (In 204 for the 2 weeks)

In April on the Legend, we were anchored at St. John's. The tenders ran, but the water was too choppy for the water toys. All I heard was a "rumor" that the Captain was likely to cancel the marina day; and there were never any formal announcement made. Just nothing happened. I was disappointed, but the Captain surely knew what conditions would be favorable, and we didn't have them.

I doubt that there would be any compensation; I doubt that much will be said, if it goes as it did for us. I also heard that many marina days were being cancelled (then).

Apparently, it's just the luck of the draw...but any day on SB is better than a day at work, or at home for me, for that matter!

Paul

itching to make a fool of himself while trying to regain his water skiing posture...:)

Good food , poor service sorry I will not be returning to this line.

BB:

I'm sorry that the service has disappointed you. Can you elaborate as to why you've come to this decision? If you'd prefer not to on the thread, perhaps you'd drop me a line...

pwatson808 at mac dot com

Hope the rest of your voyage is an improvement for you ;) ....

Paul

Archived