Roll Call; Pride 12/2-9-16 B2B Barbados

JaneBP

Blackie, Great Photo Journal Thank You for posting. So how did the 9volt work on the Bose:confused: I guess you made it thru security without getting to know the TSA agent on an intimate level:confused: We are leaving for Costa Rica Sat morning and boarding the Legend Dec 5 for two glorious weeks. Thanks again for the pics. Robbie

Seabourn is upping the ante. My TA called to say that Seabourn was offering the Owner's Suite and a $150 shipboard credit if we would switch to the next week.

Guess they didn't note I am already on that one too. Guess they have never had to cancel and re-book airlines within the next day for a weeks hence in the Carribean at the start of the season. Guess they don't have to plan their vacations as we do. Guess they are out of luck re: Pond/Boyle swtching.

Jane

Was Matthew Brown one of the entertainers by any chance?

David E and Matthew Brown were on the Pride as he who never went to a show remembers. :p I remember David E more because I sat with him at tea time one day and brought my P'book into the laundry to show him Norm's Legend video as he ironed his shirt.

Seabourn is so expensive I just do not know how I can afford it. My final bill was $11.68 :D Now I better go run and hiding.gif

Thanks West Coast Jane and TA.....

BB just checked his CC site and see that Seabourn has credited him for a double charge on an Internet package. :)

"BB just checked his CC site and see that Seabourn has credited him for a double charge on an Internet package. :)"

BB, If I may ask, what does a package cost and what does it consist of?

My DH is trying to decide if it would be cheaper to use their computer, or bring ours. Any info will be greatly appreciated.;)

Nanagirl,

I think a search of this BB will reveal rates. There have been other discussions on this. Also, if it's only for a spot of email, I think it's easier to use the computer room, but then, if they're down, one is out of luck. But not for long. Could DH use a 'break' from his laptop?

Jane (Would search for you but am too busy packing<G>)

They have a number of rates, I think it is $23 for 60 minutes which is the one I used. Makes no difference if you use your laptop or theirs you log again the same login id that you setup with.

Yes, you will need to purchase a service package which can be used for the computers in the computer center, your Wi-Fi equipped laptop or both. The rates are in US$ for the hours of service provided. ½ - 13.50, 1 – 24.95, 2 – 47.95, 4 – 89.95, 8 – 167.95, 16 – 287.95, 32 – 479.95.

Thanks to all !! One less thing to worry about. He'll be tempted to check email more frequently if it's too convenient. ;)

Jane, yes, he could use a break. Now that he doesn't need it, maybe I can borrow his computer bag to pack more 'stuff'.:D

Linda

It works out much cheaper to bring your own laptop......if you use the Computer Room, you pay from the minute you log on to write or read an email....if you have your own computer, you can write your emails off line (costing nothing) then just connect to send them.......also can download your incoming emails at the same time....then log off and read them at your leisure!

As i write long emails, I would have been bankrupt if I had used the computers on the ship! Even doing it that way still cost me about $200.....

Blackbird is back in the real world and got into bed at 1:30am so I will post more after my morning nap attack.

Quick notes for DisneyJen. The US Air gate agents do not show up until 12:30 or so. I got to the airport at 10:00 and sat on the hard benches waiting for them to show up. They had a lot of GoFirst upgrades and I brought one for $150. With the cool breeze the waiting was not bad. I met an lady from the ship who was on her first real cruise and will be doing Alaska on the RSSC Mariner so we had a good time talking. This Sat the US Air plane from Charlotte came in 15 minutes before the Virgin Atlantic 747 so I am guessing the Immigration/Customs processing time was less.

Note to all Barbados travelers, there is NO jetways in Barbados, just rolling stairs that they roll up to your plane. So anything you bring aboard on the way down you have to carry down the stairs. My 22" rollaboard is very heavy with my camera gear and puter so on the way back I carried my puter on and check the rollaboard.

Thanks BB ...

We have just returned home after DH's mother funeral. She became critically ill a week ago Saturday and the passed she Wednesday before Thanksgiving. We spent 6 hours in the USAir club in Philly last night trying to get back to NC.

DH is so looking forward to our cruise now ... he really needs to relax as it has been a very hard time for him ... especially dealing with the medical issues and being 500 miles away.

I shared with him BB's photo and he is very excited now! We just have to get him home from Sweden in time to make out CLT-BGI flight.

While we were in the USAir club I asked about the $150 upgrades and they looked at me like I had two heads, which I might have had after dealing with the florist, restaurant, funeral home, etc. I will follow up with USAir tomorrow to see when I can buy the upgrade.

>" but we won't mind a near empty SkyBar"

We'll hook up for sure! Someone suggested that perhaps when BB was at the SkyBar it was the time that many were unpacking and/or getting ready for dinner. And then, others go to the Club before dinner. However, I am in 204 so find me!

We also have a lecturer who writes for a travel magazine (I forget the details but they are in this thread somewhere).

WC Jane,

The offer that they made to you is interesting, because I don't think it would matter to me have more room. I want to be out on the deck. But, you could have a wonderful party and invite us all!

EC Jane

Greetings EC Jane ... we were in your neck of the woods (which we call home) the last few days unexpectedly.

We are in 121 so we will catch up for sure. We are counting the days now!

While we were in the USAir club I asked about the $150 upgrades and they looked at me like I had two heads, which I might have had after dealing with the florist, restaurant, funeral home, etc. I will follow up with USAir tomorrow to see when I can buy the upgrade.

The GoFirst upgrade is only good 30 hours or less from a flight. BB is still wondering who was flying my plane home from Barbados. The First Officer sat in First Class most of the trip studing for some test. :eek: The First Class food on US Air was very good going back to Charlotte.

I do not know if I am repeating myself, but before you check in there is only a Mini Mart building across the street from the waiting area with drinks and food.

Well, I never did get my suite assignment; when I tried to get on that page, it said I "couldn't make changes" to my form five days from sailing. That's okay, like we've all agreed, any suite on Seabourn is great.

I can't believe this day has actually gotten here. I spent the day pulling things out of my closet, overpacking, and then going to Nordstrom to buy some more things to stuff in my suitcases. My plane leaves LAX at midnight, I get into Miami 7:30am tomorrow (Wednesday) and then onto Barbados, arriving about 2:30pm. I will arrive at Peach & Quiet, be reunited with my dive bag, and most likely collapse.

Fish fry Friday. Sounds good. I'm so happy to be on my way (just about) and to see you all. Godspeed on your travels, wherever you journey from, be safe, and I'll see you there.

Jane :)

overpacking, and then going to Nordstrom to buy some more things to stuff in my suitcases.

Jane :)

Females... :D:D

As I write this you should be over Texas on your way to Miami. Hope you enjoy your diving. Blackbird's last shopping was to K-Mart for more BVDs,, do wash or K-Mart and K-Mart won. :p

LOL on my flight to Barbados, US Air was showing the lastest Pirates of the Caribbean ......

Note to all Dec. 2 ppl on Monday I sent a letter to Ms. Conover at Seabourn with this.

Captain cancelled Marina Day at Charlotteville, Tobago

When I got onboard at Barbados, there was a note that the Captain had cancelled the Marina Day in our first port of call Tobago. Without a Marina Day there are only three tour options listed, a glass bottom boat tour, a hike to a falls and sea kayaking. At dinner after our day in Tobago I talked to a couple that took the glass bottom boat tour and they said it was bad. I talked to the Shore Excursion Manager and she said a number of guests had the same problems with that tour. In my opinion without the Marina day in Tobago, this port offers little. I know that a couple people on the Dec 2 cruise from Cruise Critic are looking forward to Marina Day, could it be added back to this itinerary?

Hopefully the Marina Day will be back.

Thank you BB for being proactive and sending the letter to Seabourn about Marina Day. I am one of the ones who is really looking forward to it! I guess we will get out the toys for Caviar in the Surf. By the way, did you end up only having 1 formal night?

Leaving tomorrow morning for Barbados and staying at Accra Beach Hotel. Having dinner at The Tides Thur. night and going to the Fish Fry Fri night. Hope to run in to some of you. I am sure to see you at the Sky Bar...I'll have a virgin something in BB's honor and then that's it. WATER will rust you!!! Can't wait!!:D

Archived