Roll Call; Pride 12/2-9-16 B2B Barbados

JaneBP

Blackbird- my head is spinning with your change of heart about Seabourn!!! Please tell us why you have changed your mind about never sailing with Seabourn again. I'm still not sure I understand why you were so upset with Seabourn on the first day. Perhaps it was the frustration of being kept so long in the lines at immigration that spilled over to your embarkation? More importantly, what has changed your first impressions so much? Please tell all,

Gail

Burppppp.... St. Lucia = Tasting Menu

Salmon Pastrami in Crisp Pastry

Asparagus & Sherry Cappuccino

Maple Glazed Sauteed Duck Breast

Cucumber and Pineapple Sorbet

Macadamia Crusted Arctic Char OR Grilled Buffalo Filet with Truffle Cream

Fallen Chocolate Cake, Fresh Berries OR Selections of Cheeses

BB did the Buffalo :D

Tonight was Club night and BB got to the restaurant at 7:10... BB was THE DINER for the first 10 minutes :D then the Club members started to show up....

Strange couples....

Couple No 1

These two guys were on my tour today and I have seen them around the ship. But I thought they were entertainers but they are guest. Guy on has just a shaven head. Guy two has a shaven head with a mohawk strip of hard. Guy two also has an arm full of Tattoos .....

Couples No 2

There was two couple of German ppl sitting near me. Tonight men wore sports coats. When the two German couples sit down, the older couple have a winter neck warmer around their necks. Soon after sitting down the two men leave and the older man comes back with two long sleeve shirts. He places one over his wife's back and the sleeves around her neck. He does the same with his long sleeve shirt.....

After reading BB's post over the last week, I feel I finally have to post in reply.

Her comments on the other guests are perhaps an explanation for her opinions on the cruise.

Is she saying that two men who travel together could only possibly be 'entertainers' ? Is she impying that men with shaved heads and tattoos shouldn't be on Seabourn, or shouldn't have enough money to be on Seabourn.

As for her comments on the German guests (and I am an Englishman who choses to live in Germany) has she ever considered that alot of Europeans are not as obssessed with air conditioning as our American friends. Perhaps they were just cold but did not pack anything suitably warm considering they were sailing in Caribbean ?

Her other comments could also be addressed, but no doubt I will be accused of saying too much already.

Blackbird- my head is spinning with your change of heart about Seabourn!!! Please tell us why you have changed your mind about never sailing with Seabourn again. I'm still not sure I understand why you were so upset with Seabourn on the first day. Perhaps it was the frustration of being kept so long in the lines at immigration that spilled over to your embarkation? More importantly, what has changed your first impressions so much? Please tell all,

Gail

In one word SERVICE. On my bad Silverseas cruise (and other CCers had problems) there was bad service all over the ship the whole trip. On my cruise it is limited to a couple ppl. When I wrote the Cruise Sales person I said I would only book if the current Pride captain was not in command of the Legend in March. And I will be writing Ms Conover over a couple issues.

After hearing from some tablemates how bad the glass bottom boat tour was in Charlotteville Tobago, I ran into the shore excursion manager and asked her if she had any feedback from it and she said that yes and she had no clue it was going to be like that. So without a Marina Day in Tobago, that leaves only Sea Kayak or the hike to the falls as shore excursions, and IMHO there is no real reason for this port without Marina Day.

The only bummer I have about Seabourn and this is only based on my RSSC/Silverseas cruises, is no welcome back tent when you are docked. On both RSSC and Silverseas they had a welcome back tent with water and soft drinks at the foot of the gangway. There is nothing at the foot of the gangway on this cruise.

It is safe to say, I have never had service like what I am getting on Seabourn. :) I like the ship, and while I do not have a veranda, I am just as happy with the large picture window. I have one of the chairs sitting next to it and I sit there enjoying my view. And a first for me, leaving one port I saw dolphins just outside of my window trying to keep up with the ship.

West Coast Jane, I misspoke about two formal nights. I just got my daily program for tonight and it is not Formal, so unless they do a Formal night on the last night then there is only one Formal night.

Blackie's new Rule... Tea Time with Foo Foo drink or Tea Time with small snacks provided. Before this cruise in my 18 cruises I have been to less than 4 tea times. So far on this cruise I have done three. :) I am enjoying meeting with new passengers up at tea time.

Also Blackbird thinks his picture and name is posted on the Crew Dart Board because everybody knows my name :D

OK Blackbird did it again, another 7 hour tour today in St. Vincent

>"The only bummer I have about Seabourn and this is only based on my RSSC/Silverseas cruises, is no welcome back tent when you are docked... There is nothing at the foot of the gangway on this cruise."

While the 'Welcome Home' tent is fun, it's labor intensive. So, I don't think of it as a usual occurrence. The crew work very hard as it is. Usually I want to dash back to the cabin and finding a lovely platter of goodies with a note quite sufficient.

It will be fun to hear about your Thanksgiving Day Dinner.

We will not go into why Blackbird is washing a load of clothes. Some of you reading this may be drinking something and I value your keyboards :eek:

Before my tour started I was walking to the gangway and meet the Hotel Manager "Cunard Countess" Rick :) Rick said Mr. Blackbird I have something to show you if you have the time, and I said yes,,, Off CC Rick went running up the stairs and he returned in a minute with a postcard. He said his wife found this in a shop in Grenada. As soon as I saw the red funnel I said the Countess.

I pretty much had a great day today. I did the seven hour tour in St. Vincent called St. Vincent Three Ways. I really like walking around the set of Pirates of the Caribbean (I,II, and III). After that was the trip to Darvue Falls. This included a walk across a bamboo bridge. My tour guide doing the crossing.

DSC_0433.jpg

Unless they change the rules and I think they will after talking to the Shore Excursion Manager, but if they don't, this tour should not be done with ppl that do not have water shoes. I was wearing sneakers and I had to take them off. Problem being we picked up the motor boat at a VERY VERY rocky beach and the rocks were in the water. Ppl with water shoes had no problem, but it was very painful for us without shoes. The water is great and the people that went swimming saw tons of fish. The meal was again local and very good. IMHO todays was a little better than St. Lucia but both were good. Note the shore excursion information for this tour calls for a 20 minute walk. From the cars in the above picture to where I am taking this picture is the only "walk".

Update on yesterday's tour. When I saw it was running 1 1/2 hours late, I opted to ride back on the bus we took with another lady. The catamaran made it 100 feet off the dock before the engine blew up. They got back to the dock and another bus was called and the people on the catamaran's bus got back 30 minutes after I did. Tonight I got a letter from the Shore Excursion Manager refunding part of the tour.

Thanksgiving Dinner

Very good. I had the Grilled Shrimp on Root Vegetable Cake and then Thanksgiving Turkey (extra turkey) and Cranberry Sauce. The Cranberry Sauce was made from scratch I believe. I finished it up with Traditional Pumpkin Pecan Pie. Very Very good.

Starting last night THINGS have started to appear in my suite that I do not want. Last night I got the exit form for Barbados. :( So this morning I filled it out and because I was going to the front desk I also got out the Thank You card for the Crew Fund. I now know if you donate to the Crew Fund you get a letter from the Crew Purser thanking you for your donation and includes the amount.

It is thundering and raining outside and I will be making it an early evening.

Later Gators

Snails WON.... In the race between the Snails and the Chef, the snails won and did not appear as a "menu item" this week. Maybe a special order should be put in if you want this.

Ok I made my second trip to the Sky Bar at 7:00pm last night and it was PACKED. Every bar stool was taken and all seats at the tables. On this 7 dayer we had 3 Sky Grill Dinners.

Blackbird, thank you so much for the information. It helps so much for my Dec 2 cruise. I am absolutely giddy with anticipation. So, I guess the weather has not been an issue during the day? I fly down next Thurs. I hope the airport is not busy.

Some morning posts before I head over to the beach. :)

djaaay: I would suggest all to bring a small umbrella if you find the larger ones provided by Seabourn a little big to take ashore. On my two long days in St. Lucia and St Vincent there was clouds most of the day with light rain that did not last long. The clouds and rain did not stop anything but did keep down the temps.

For my cruise, the starboard (old cabin numbers) side of the ship was the public side on the ship while docked. I could look out my window and see people on the Royal Clipper at one port.

I love hitting the breakfast buffet on cruises and seeing all the fresh fruit I can pick from. But on tour days I normally only have a light breakfast of fruit and a danish. This morning with no tours and only the BBQ to look forward to I tried the Waffle. :) Very good and just the right size. I had pictured some monster waffle showing up. :D As I was having breakfast at 7:30 the crew was busy loading a tender with all the supplies needed for the beach BBQ.

From the looks of it today will be a Sun Bunny dream. Little clouds and no rain planned.

Later

Some morning posts before I head over to the beach. :)

From the looks of it today will be a Sun Bunny dream. Little clouds and no rain planned.

Hi BB!

Thanks, too, for all the info you've provided! Priceless....

I hope you have plenty of "beach scenary" to watch from under your umbrella, and will look forward to photos & hearing what you think of the BBQ....

Have a great "Black Friday" on the beach!! :D

Paul

who wakes up next Friday in Barbados! :eek: ;)

Memphis Paul,

Will you be reporting in during your cruise or should we expect a full report upon your return? :)

Matt:

Depending upon my WiFi package, I'll try to post some thoughts as I go...BB's gotten a lot of questions answered, but I'll be glad to do what I can! (Make that VERY glad...!:D )

Paul

the other one...the Memphis one...;)

Barbados Paul

Sheesh! Sure like the sound of that!! :D

I'll plan to drop a few thoughts, and maybe a few photos along the way....

BB:

Sounds like the Beach BBQ was/is being a great time for all! I'm just hoping that there will be a steward around who I can get to spray sunscreen on my back....!!!!

Paul

whose sun-bunny tan line is suffering...until next week! ;)

Great shade at this beach, and the island ppl have provided the chairs and picnic tables. Most of the chairs are in the shade but can be moved for sun-bunnies. :p

The is a local band playing and limited area at the first part of the party area with tee-shirt vendors.

If one has a digital camera, how do you upload a picture from your laptop to attach, like you did BB, to your post? I see there is a little box that says upload picture, when I click on it it says "please enter the URL of your image". That's what I'm uncertain about. Thank you!

Jane

P.S. Pretty pix of Mayreau!

Jane

I upload to a photo sharing site then use the picture icon to include the picture.

Well Folks the last dinner has been eaten and my bags are packed except for my P'book. It is that very sad time again .:(:(

Catch you all in the real world Sunday.

PS two ppl stopped by and thanked me for my Thank You card which is now in the crew mess. :)

BB:

So sorry you're week is almost over...it always seems that a week isn't ever enough...particularly on a SB ship....

Thank you for all of your informative posts, and I hope you have a stress-less, timely return to home tomorrow.

The "real" world awaits...:eek: ;)

Paul

who is actively glad to take BB's place on 12/2...Ready, Willing & Able, Sir!!! <ruffff!>

Thanks BB, I'll miss your posts. Why does a work week crawl at a snail's pace, but a Seabourn week goes by in a flash? Something odd in the time and space continuim, I'd say.

I hope your adventures were wonderful and memorable. I look forward to following in your footsteps. Best wishes to you, and as Paul said, sorry we were like "passing ships in the night"!

Jane

aka "suiteless" Jane....

BB...thanks for your many posts. It's always fun to share in someone else's adventure. Can't wait until we board the Legend in just a few weeks! Your post provided lots of anticipatory delight!

Best wishes for a safe and speedy trip home.

Blackbird is back in the real world and got into bed at 1:30am so I will post more after my morning nap attack.

Quick notes for DisneyJen. The US Air gate agents do not show up until 12:30 or so. I got to the airport at 10:00 and sat on the hard benches waiting for them to show up. They had a lot of GoFirst upgrades and I brought one for $150. With the cool breeze the waiting was not bad. I met an lady from the ship who was on her first real cruise and will be doing Alaska on the RSSC Mariner so we had a good time talking. This Sat the US Air plane from Charlotte came in 15 minutes before the Virgin Atlantic 747 so I am guessing the Immigration/Customs processing time was less.

Note to all Barbados travelers, there is NO jetways in Barbados, just rolling stairs that they roll up to your plane. So anything you bring aboard on the way down you have to carry down the stairs. My 22" rollaboard is very heavy with my camera gear and puter so on the way back I carried my puter on and check the rollaboard.

Archived