Roll Call; Pride 12/2-9-16 B2B Barbados

JaneBP

BB:

Glad you were able to get your "nekid" picture out of the hands of that photographer so your face wouldn't be...plastered all over......the....internet...

oh wait...it is.

;)

Hope things are going better, and the rest of the week is even more relaxing and enjoyable for you!

Paul

who would have recognized BB's mug even without the mask...:D

Grenada tour Tour - The Exotic Island

I normally shy away from an all-day (or 4-5 hours, at least!) bus tour; was this one exceptional in any way, or would a couple of hours at a beach be as relaxing? Assuming that there's a taxi/short bus drive to a beach, would I be remiss in not touring "the whole enchilada"?

Thanks for the info, and sorry about the politics! (Hard to avoid sometimes...except trying to ignore it! ;)

Paul

I normally shy away from an all-day (or 4-5 hours, at least!) bus tour; was this one exceptional in any way, or would a couple of hours at a beach be as relaxing? ! ;)

Paul

Saw the Grenada falls with two jumpers and a couple other interesting places but there was 1 1/2 bus ride at one point that did get boring with the two couples talking non-stop.

Sad news Pride Sailors,

Ivan from the restaurant was diving at the BBQ last week and dived into 3 feet of water and broke his neck. The Captain made a general announcement tonight and said he went thru surgery and is doing good. After the announcement I checked at dinner for the how it happen.

West Coast Jane

Hotel Manager Rick has not dived that dive shop but the road up to Speyside is "quite good" I left him a note this afternoon and tonight I got a note back and 10 pages of Web site print outs of the diving in Tobago :)

Tomorrow is a 7 1/2 hour shore excursion.... Yikes no afternoon nap:eek: :eek:

Blackie,

I am so terribly sorry to hear of Ivan's accident~~~can you tell me is his last name "Lukic?" Where is he? What Island? Such sad news.

I hope/pray for his speedy recovery!

Have a wonderful and festive Thanksgiving~~~and I know you'll enjoy your Mayreau Picnic~~~a real treat!:p

Please say "Howdy" to Rick from me~~~(he has such a marvelous sense of humor:D )

Happy Sails!

Pinkie

I'd been checking on my suite assignment and seeing that GTY there day after day, and received a call today from my TA saying that Seabourn was offering me a significantly upgraded suite if I would take the following week's sailing (completely different itinerary) on the Pride. Of course this wouldn't work out for me, with all the reservations, etc. already made. It did make me a little nervous, but my TA assured me I'll still be on 12/2 - 12/9. Not to mention my dive bag already arrived in Barbados; Peach and Quiet emailed me today, they have it. WHEW!

I am terribly sorry to hear of Ivan's accident. Thank heavens he was able to be taken to surgery and will be okay.

BB....what a gorgeous picture of that monkey!

Jane :o

received a call today from my TA saying that Seabourn was offering me a significantly upgraded suite if I would take the following week's sailing on the Pride.

I guess that answers an earlier question ... Seabourn overbooks! However, it's surprising that SB thinks someone can amend their flight itinerary to a destination such as Barbados with less than a month's notice. (The air service to Barbados from my home town only operates three days a week.)

That just goes to show, Jane, you know how to pick 'em! Have a great time. Maybe you'll post photos of your underwater adventures when you get back?!?

johnny

Jane:

That's strange! Our week, and the following one, both show up as sold out on one booking website...although the 12/16 week still appears to have openings, even at a large discount (at least it did last week). Of course your itinerary isn't "expendable"! :eek: ;) You're sailing with crystal808, after all! :D

BB:

Hard to believe that you'd forego your nap time for a silly excursion! ;) I hope it's worth it! I'll take one for you....!!

Sad to hear about an injury to a SB crew member...let's hope that his mending is swift and complete. But thanks for letting us know about it....

Paul

Ok. We are having a last minute discussion regarding which cruise to take!! We are both 40 yo. We are choosing between the Seabourn Pride, the Windstar WindSpirit and the Crown Princess for the 12/9 sailings. I know it's last minute!

Would love to hear everyones thoughts. Our downside to the SP is that no balconies...love the itin though. Can you dine just as a couple if you desire?

Thanks in advance!

Can you dine just as a couple if you desire?

Yes, you can dine as a couple every night if you wish. Just let the Maitre' know. We like to be low-key and have a "special" table during the cruise that is off in the corner which we use on the nights that we're not guests at another table.

Georgia: well....it appears they are drumming up business for the 12/9 sailing, so you might go for it! I haven't been on the other two ships you mentioned, but I fell in love with Seabourn my first cruise! Interesting, Paul, that one site has the 12/9 cruise also sold out. I'm sure my TA said the week following. Oh well...wouldn't have worked for me, anyway!

Johnny, if I can figure out the new underwater camera I bought *smile*, which is an old fashioned film, not digital camera (spending hundreds of dollars for one more digital camera didn't tickle my fancy), I'll be glad to post some pictures, if they turn out.

aka SUITELESS Jane.....

I woke up and the Pride is doing a little dancing. So I checked the board. Tonight is something called a Tasting Menu and one of the main course selections is Grilled Buffalo,,, Think I will try that.

Blackie is wondering if his 7 1/2 hour tour know about 2nd Breakfasts :D

Interested to read SantaAna's comments, we too had a phone call from Seabourn yesterday offering us a substantial upgrade to move from the 2 December to the 9 December cruise. Unfortunately due to my wife's work commitments, we cannot change our travel plans at this late stage, no matter how tempting the offer.

Seabourn definitely overbooks!

Simon

>"We are on the 12/9 leg ... and I am wondering if the ship is going to be empty which is fine by me"

Not all alone, there wil be at least 5 others!

And maybe GeorgiaTravelCpl.

East Coast Jane

Excellent point Jane:D

We are on the same flight from CLT that BB took so I suspecft we will miss the lifeboat drill ... but we won't mind a near empty SkyBar ... with 5 of our new friends:p

>" but we won't mind a near empty SkyBar"

We'll hook up for sure! Someone suggested that perhaps when BB was at the SkyBar it was the time that many were unpacking and/or getting ready for dinner. And then, others go to the Club before dinner. However, I am in 204 so find me!

We also have a lecturer who writes for a travel magazine (I forget the details but they are in this thread somewhere).

WC Jane,

The offer that they made to you is interesting, because I don't think it would matter to me have more room. I want to be out on the deck. But, you could have a wonderful party and invite us all!

EC Jane

I would be insufferable if I were sailing in an Owner's suite...I told my sister I'd probably fall down the stairs walking around with my nose in the air! (heh) But I'm with you Jane BP; I've already got a generously-sized Seabourn cabin all to myself (that is, if and when it's assigned), how much room does one gal need?

I will probably board a little later as well on 12/2...that pool at Peach and Quiet looks terribly inviting for the afternoon (if the weather is pleasant!)

P.S. TO BLACKBIRD: I've been reading the other thread with regard to how many formal nights. Could you please let us know if you have one or two? It would help with regard to packing! Thx.

Jane :rolleyes:

It is official Blackie is booked on the Mar 4 Legend 7 day St. Thomas to St. Thomas. There are a couple CCers on the Mar 11 cruise but there are no GTY left on it. Well it will be official tomorrow when I sign something. As I wrote this I got a call from the Cruise Sales lady who spent her day Zip Lining it and she showered and has to go to a Club thing so we are doing it tomorrow.

Note on the Sky Bar being empty at 7:00 in Barbados. All the tables were set up for the Sky Grill Dinner and only one couple at the bar. A couple ppl in white suits with funny things on their shoulders were there. There may have been more ppl there before they started changing the table over to dinner.

The first night is casual and I hear the last night is casual. We are scheduled for two formal nights.

DisneyJen:

You may get luck and the US Air flight take off on time. My flight sat in a traffic jam for 20 minutes at the Charlotte airport. That caused me to get into Barbados with a 767. There was already a 747 that just came in. Take in some water before getting off the plane. Part of the time you will be out in the Barbados sun. Once you clear customs and things, and find your bags which probably have been taken off the merry go-round, go outside and find the man with a clipboard, he is the Taxi scheduler. I tipped him a couple dollars for getting me a Taxi.

Blackie "interesting" day. :D

I was on the 7 1/2 hour St. Lucia by Land and Sea and I got back at 71/2 hours, ONLY because after lunch I checked with the bus driver to see if I could ride back with him. We sat down to lunch (local food and good) at 2:00PM. We were 1 1/2 late at this point. For one the 25 minute tour of Diamond Botanical Gardens turned into 1 hour and 15 minute tour. After lunch you get on the catamaran for the trip back. The tour lady called Seabourn and told them we were running late and she said we would get back at 5:30 the last time passengers should be onboard. She said we would have an hour to swim and because I did not plan on swimming, I check with the bus driver and road back with another lady to the ship. I really only wanted to see the volcano and the Pitons and saw them on the first part of the tour. But on the way to the restaurant we did get into a Mexican standoff with a tracker trailer on a street and for around 5 minutes we seat nose to nose with the tracker trailer. Our bus driver gave in and backed around two blocks until the TT could pass us. Grrr St Lucia has one of those mini mall that you have to walk thru. This time they walked thru coming and going. In Grenada and Barbados when you are going on a tour they short cut you thru their malls. Not in St. Lucia. At 4:00 when I was walking back to the ship thru the mall which is open to the sky, you guess it the sky opened up and for 15 minutes BB hide from the wet stuff :)

It is official Blackie is booked on the Mar 4 Legend 7 day St. Thomas to St. Thomas.

BB:

I'm glad you got a GTY on the 3/4/07 sailing; sorry we'll miss each other (again!).

Really glad you felt comfortable enough to book another, after your "rough" start! ;) (Of course, the extra 5% DOES come in handy!) I hope your last few days (:eek: ) are wonderful, calm & relaxing, and that you have a very "special" Thanksgiving on board the Pride!

Paul ;)

Blackbird, I'm so happy to hear that you are going back to the Caribbean next year on Seabourn. That is just wonderful! Unfortunately, I won't be booking a cruise while onboard; I am jumping ship, so to speak, over to Silverseas, only because they have a cruise to the Seychelles in November of 2007, and I've been wanting to go there for decades.

Thanks again for all the info and taking the time to tell us what you've been up to.

Jane ;)

Archived