Roll Call; Pride 12/2-9-16 B2B Barbados

JaneBP

hi2.gif 2 weeks and a wake up for me....

Grrr it is 32 deg. in Roanoke and 84 in Barbados.....:eek: and I am ready...

email my TA this morning to have her call Seabourn and try to find out when I will get my suite number..... Lifeboat #2 is looking real warm to me now :D

mecry.gifThis is as close to the Pride Blackbird71 could get in Norfolk on Nov 4. There was a big guy with a gun just down the walkway from me and I thought it best just to be good :D. The Norfolk Cruise Terminal is being built and it is a mess right now. The building to the right is Naval Museum and the passengers had to walk through it's outside walkway and around some construction to get to the Pride. It looks to be great once it is done in around 6-8 months.

DSC_0364w.jpg

Blackbird spank.gif I was bad....

BB was driving in front of the Naval Museum looking for a place to park and a easy way to see the Pride. I pass a guard house with a "rent-a-cop" outside the Naval Museum and when I did not see any easy way to get closer, I thought I would just ask the "rent-a-cop". I drove into the Naval Museum loop and stopped outside the "guard house" and rolled down my passenger window and got the attention of the "rent-a-cop". When he walked over I saw the Seabourn Shield pin on his sweater (it was around 45 degrees) and thought cool Seabourn has a person to help direct their passengers. He told me about walking around the outside of the museum and to the ship. BB pulled into the small loop drive and probably parked a little illegal but hey I was next to a city of Norfolk pickup truck. I got out an was getting my camera when I saw the Seabourn helper meet two people getting out of a taxi and shaking their hands. He started walking to the museum with the two guys and our paths meet and oops the nice Seabourn guy had three gold stripes on his shoulder boards.... Yipes maybe not a standard Seabourn greeter...... :D

The trip was a little much. BB thinks he drove over 500 Miles today. But I had a great time going and coming back. On the way over I was finishing up with the newest Janet Evanovich book in the Barnaby series "Motor Mouth". It is hard to drive while laughing over three ladies feeding a Saint Bernard a box and a half of prunes and waiting for the effect to take place.

WOO HOO ... our documents for our 12/9 sailing arrived yesterday.

DH and I were a bit surprised at how little info was contained in the docs ... like instructions for the paper sticky luggage tags. The SB luggage tags are nice.

mecry.gifThis is as close to the Pride Blackbird71 could get in Norfolk on Nov 4. There was a big guy with a gun just down the walkway from me and I thought it best just to be good :D. The Norfolk Cruise Terminal is being built and it is a mess right now. The building to the right is Naval Museum and the passengers had to walk through it's outside walkway and around some construction to get to the Pride. It looks to be great once it is done in around 6-8 months.

DSC_0364w.jpg

Blackbird spank.gif I was bad....

BB was driving in front of the Naval Museum looking for a place to park and a easy way to see the Pride. I pass a guard house with a "rent-a-cop" outside the Naval Museum and when I did not see any easy way to get closer, I thought I would just ask the "rent-a-cop". I drove into the Naval Museum loop and stopped outside the "guard house" and rolled down my passenger window and got the attention of the "rent-a-cop". When he walked over I saw the Seabourn Shield pin on his sweater (it was around 45 degrees) and thought cool Seabourn has a person to help direct their passengers. He told me about walking around the outside of the museum and to the ship. BB pulled into the small loop drive and probably parked a little illegal but hey I was next to a city of Norfolk pickup truck. I got out an was getting my camera when I saw the Seabourn helper meet two people getting out of a taxi and shaking their hands. He started walking to the museum with the two guys and our paths meet and oops the nice Seabourn guy had three gold stripes on his shoulder boards.... Yipes maybe not a standard Seabourn greeter...... :D

The trip was a little much. BB thinks he drove over 500 Miles today. But I had a great time going and coming back. On the way over I was finishing up with the newest Janet Evanovich book in the Barnaby series "Motor Mouth". It is hard to drive while laughing over three ladies feeding a Saint Bernard a box and a half of prunes and waiting for the effect to take place.

BB..you can not be all bad if you enjoy Janet E. We are groupies! I am halfway thru Motor Mouth and am loving it. There are too few books with a laugh out there. Do you also enjoy Carl Hiaason? If not..go back and get ALL of his books....a hoot!

WOO HOO ... our documents for our 12/9 sailing arrived yesterday.

DH and I were a bit surprised at how little info was contained in the docs ... like instructions for the paper sticky luggage tags. The SB luggage tags are nice.

the paper stickies are to be used just before boarding SB. On most of them...remove half of the paper...put around handle..then remove the other paper part and stick together. You don't put them on for travel as they could get torn off.

>"The SB luggage tags are nice."

I wish they were bright red or yellow, which would help my luggage stand out on the luggage beltway. They are nice; and after a few Seabourn cruises, make great 'stocking stuffers' <G>.

Jane (Counting down)

We too got our final docs for the 12/9 cruise! Yipeee!!!! I noticed that on the final docs our last stop was changed from Bequia to Mayreau. Is that the case on anyone elses? I called Miami and asked about it because our pre-cruise documents said Bequia. I was told they changed because of the tide and the excursions would be exactly the same? That doesn't seem right being that they are two different islands and the exursions were Bequia specific. Also, on the other itineraries that go to Mayreau, they have the caviar in the surf BBQ, which was not offered on our itinerary and the Lady in Miami had no idea.

Anyway, does anybody have any insight? Its not a big thing, I just like to know which islands we are going to. I really like researching the islands we are going to. It drives my husband crazy!

Nancy

We too got our final docs for the 12/9 cruise! Yipeee!!!! I noticed that on the final docs our last stop was changed from Bequia to Mayreau. Is that the case on anyone elses? I called Miami and asked about it because our pre-cruise documents said Bequia. I was told they changed because of the tide and the excursions would be exactly the same? That doesn't seem right being that they are two different islands and the exursions were Bequia specific. Also, on the other itineraries that go to Mayreau, they have the caviar in the surf BBQ, which was not offered on our itinerary and the Lady in Miami had no idea.

Anyway, does anybody have any insight? Its not a big thing, I just like to know which islands we are going to. I really like researching the islands we are going to. It drives my husband crazy!

Nancy

I went and pulled our prelim and final docs for 12/9 and see the same thing Nancy. I didn't even notice it when I looked through the docs and then sent our itinerary on to my folks:eek:

I do hope that we have the caviar and surf on Mayreau. We have sailed SeaDream the last two years and that beach party is always the highlight of the trip. Although DH and I wish it were earlier in the trip since folks really seem to bond while sipping champagne and nibbling on cavair waist deep in the Caribbean Sea:D

I chuckled about your research driving your DH crazy ... my DH doesn't know which ports we are going to half the time as he relies on his personal guide ...ME!!!

Well good, at least its not just me! Honestly, I think I would rather go to Mayreau because I have heard so many wonderful things about the beach BBQ and I was disappointed that we wouldn't get to do that on this cruise. Either way, its the carribean and Seabourn, how can you go wrong with that?

I did notice in the 2007/2008 catalogue that Bequia is not on any of the Carribean itineraries. Maybe there is a frequent problem with tendering at that port?

Nancy

I had a dive shop contact me and say they thought the ship would be in Bequia, as well. (This is on the 12/2 sailing). I contacted Seabourn and they verified it would call at the port listed on their webpage. Although in later sailings, they are going to Bequia, they said. So I can understand the confusion.

By the way I've got a dreadful cold. Good to get it out of the way I guess!

Jane *sniffle*

BB-#113 is very good. That's the area I like and your wi-fi should work fine there. Laundry room is right down the hall--easy to run down in your PJs at 5:30 AM and beat the crowd (the morning after a formal night is the best--everyone else is sleeping it off).

BB:

Congrats! 113, I believe, was my first cabin on the Legend...and it's just a hop or two away from the elevator to the Sky Bar, as well! :D

Although the lifeboats may have a nicer "sway" to rock BB to sleep, he'll have a lot more room in 113!!!!

Paul

whose CA TA sends docs FedEx GROUND! Have to wait until 11/13 for them now... Sheesh :(

BB:

...and it's just a hop or two away from the elevator to the Sky Bar, as well! :D

Paul

whose CA TA sends docs FedEx GROUND! Have to wait until 11/13 for them now... Sheesh :(

LOL Seabourn ships are starting to remind me of Amsterdam. In Amsterdam all directions are given from the red-light area and Damn Square... Seabourn it is the Sky Bar. :D:D

Oh No Seabourn sailors you may be getting large escargot on these cruises.....

November 8, 2006 Barbados Fights Giant Snail Invasion

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Filed at 8:05 p.m. ET

BRIDGETOWN, Barbados (AP) -- Ravenous giant snails that emerge from the ground by night are thriving on the tropical island of Barbados, destroying crops and prompting calls for the government to eliminate them.

A nocturnal survey last weekend found hundreds of thousands of African snails -- which are often about the size of a human hand -- swarming the central parish of St. George, the country's agricultural heartland, where farmers complained of damage to sugar cane, bananas, papayas and other crops.

''We saw snails riding on each other's backs and moving in clusters,'' said David Walrond, chairman of the local emergency response office that organized 60 volunteers for the expedition. ''You're just crunching the shells as you're walking through.''

from http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/world/AP-Snail-Invasion.html?pagewanted=print

Has anyone gone to the Dutch side when we are docked in Marigot, St Martin, to shop for cheese? I like to buy whole ones for holiday entertaining and they are very pricey in Philly. When I was in Aruba they were dirt cheap and I thought I might take a taxi to a Dutch cheese shop; sightseeing on the way.

J

Whoopee! Wooo-whoooo!

Just checked my GTY status online, and it's an upgrade! (to 314!) Not that it's a big deal, and I was expecting to be on the B2 deck with the whirlpool, but I'll take it! Now I can fill in my luggage tags...:eek: :D

Time's a'wastin', folks! Check out your assignments! Maybe they're taking them deck-at-a-time, but it's a start!

Paul

hearing Barbados calling...calling...

Archived