Roll Call; Pride 12/2-9-16 B2B Barbados

JaneBP

You all are in for a treat!

Seabourn and Travel + Leisure just announced that their Contributing Editor Henry Alford will be a guest speaker on Pride the week of December 9-16. He is an extremely droll commentator, witness an older column at

http://www.travelandleisure.com/articles/the-ultimate-b-and-b

Now I'm really jealous!

bgood

Boy, I feel better about the speaker! Sounds great! I've been getting a little bummed about everyone being on the first week of the cruise and few people being on the second week. :( Hopefully in time people with find this thread and post. It would be so great to meet some of these wonderful CCer's prior to the cruise! I'm so excited, I just wish it wasn't six months away!!!

I've told my husband that now I have my eye on the Greek Isle cruise and the Carribean itinerary the week prior to ours. He just rolls his eyeballs at me!:D I'm pretty sure that after this upcoming cruise he will be as hooked as I think I will be!

Nancy

Hey bunnies...hope your much traveled bunny accompanies you to Barbados. Lola

Hello Lola and Don - hope you're well!

Yes, our much travelled bunny will be with us. She has recently been on the Legend for a week and was very spoiled by our stewardess. She's off to Provence for a fortnight shortly but she can't wait for the Caribbean in December!:)

Best wishes

Sue and Ralph

It's Hard Work but somebody has to do it :D:D

As I was fondling my Seabourn brochure last night, I notice that the Pride would be in Norfolk Va, on Saturday Nov 4th, two weeks before my cruise and forever before the Dec folks cruise :D....

As I am around 4 hours from Norfolk, that is a small drive and me thinks a nice place to spend the weekend and check out the Pride.......

It's Hard Work but somebody has to do it

You wucky wascal!!! I'll have to wait "forever" till Dec 2. But you find out some stuff for us. How do those window repairs, etc look?
What window repairs? Check her out and let us know all the good stuff !! Dec 2 seems like an eternity.....:cool:

I have good and bad news for all. Google Earth are now using better images in the Caribbean. If you go to Barbados you can see the waves and boats in the water.......

Now the bad news,,, either Google Earth has a bad location for Grenada OR it has sunk.... :eek::eek::D:D

If you do not have Google Earth it is fun to play with. http://earth.google.com/

I have good and bad news for all. Google Earth are now using better images in the Caribbean. If you go to Barbados you can see the waves and boats in the water.......

Now the bad news,,, either Google Earth has a bad location for Grenada OR it has sunk.... :eek::eek::D:D

If you do not have Google Earth it is fun to play with. http://earth.google.com/

Blackbird, you can find Grenada on Google Earth by following the chain of Islands down to Venezuela. Seems like the hard way to do it, but you get to see our whole itinerary that way. By the way, thanks for the link :D to resize my photo for my avatar. I tried a lot of things with no success until you posted that. I'm just sorry they crop so much off.

Nanagirl ... you may want to look at USAir ... there should be a flight out of PHL through CLT to BGI. The CLT to BGI leg, which we are on, leaves at 9:25 a.m. PHL is a USAir town ... meaning come bad weather (de-icing, etc) they will get those USAir flights out before Delta and AA ...

Trust me, we lived in PHL for over 30 years and learned the hard way. One January the family was going to Aruba for a week. My parents flew on USAir and we flew on AA ... needless to say my folks, who left 2 hours later than we did, arrived in Aruba some 6 hours ahead of us. We were supposed to be in Aruba 4 hours before them. I still have nightmares about that trip:eek:

I can understand a bad experience turning you off on a particular airline, but when I have flown Delta out of Chicago, Minneapolis and Denver in the winter I have never noticed the hub airline getting "preferential" de-icing treatment or take-off priority. Bad weather can happen anywhere ... that's why it's always best to leave a day (or two or three) early!

Yo Seabourn pirates.. :D

I just watched the Locations trailer for Pirates of the Caribbean and St. Vincent was one of the locations for the film......

Maybe some gold to be found mates..... :D Yo-ho-ho, and a bottle of rum!

Check out the July issue of Conde Nast Traveler. You'll find an article on the "green" islands of the Caribbean, including St. Vincent. I think Martita must have already been there and left behind some of her Texas party favors - armadillos are quite prolific on the island!

You may eat all the armadillos.....just leave any jackalopes you may find. They're an endangered species you know! :p

I continue to be more impressed with my fellow travelers all the time. Intelligent, sense of humor, dedicated to the art of having fun..... I can't wait!

In the vein of having fun, does anyone have a referral card left? I am seriously impressed by Paul's knowledge of the fine print and believe I can work a deal with my travel agent to use one.

While some may "sermonize" on the ethics of this. I agree with one user who said past cruisers active on these boards are a strong influence. Reduction of post purchase dissonance is a valuable service and deserves the credit. I will refrain from a full dissertation on Seabourne's marketing strategy and the single, elegant, tactic which accomplishes many complex goals across the consumer adoption model.

If you have a referral card or know of someone who does, I'd love the help. My e-mail is cbonebright@hotmail.com.

Thanks in advance!

Hey - on a side bar - the fine print in the brochure says we can't board until 2 hours prior to sailing. In our case this is 9pm since we sail at 11pm. What is the "real" scoop? We'd like to board as soon as possible without being obnoxious. Thoughts anyone?

Cheryl

144 days until Barbados. But whose counting?

Hey, Cheryl, I can't wait, either! I am staying in Barbados a few days before we sail on December 2. I actually have a "day room" at my hotel. Since I like to scuba dive, I called and asked Seabourn what time I had to be on board, since I'm planning to dive that day, and then sit out by the pool for awhile, etc. They said I needed to be on board by 8pm.

I don't know about the "earliest", since we do leave so late that night (11pm!). But...I'm sure someone else will!

Jane :)

Hey - on a side bar - the fine print in the brochure says we can't board until 2 hours prior to sailing. In our case this is 9pm since we sail at 11pm. What is the "real" scoop? We'd like to board as soon as possible without being obnoxious. Thoughts anyone?
Hi Cheryl and Jane' date=' when your final documents arrive about a month before the cruise, be sure to verify the embarkation time. The emergency procedures drill occurrs soon after all passengers have embarked the vessel, so please do not be late. Miss the drill and you may get a "firmly worded" letter from the Captain. :( Although the drill with the pasengers is handled in a lighthearted way, Seabourn is very serious about pasenger and crew safety.[/color']

I have not sailed on a Seabourn cruise that left this late on embarkation day. I guess the embarkation time will be about 3:00 pm., this way you can get checked in, have some liquid refreshments at the Sky Bar, unpack and then have the emergency procedures drill during daylight. Then you can, most likely, leave the ship to go into town for dinner or other merrymaking pursuits. Bottom line, be onboard when your tickets say to be onboard.

Ladies, calm weather, blue skies, good people, good food in search of adventure on your Seabourn Yacht in the Caribbean Sea! :) :)

. They said I needed to be on board by 8pm.

I don't know about the "earliest", since we do leave so late that night (11pm!). But...I'm sure someone else will!

Jane :)

LOL Jane,,,

We are looking forward to seeing the "Miss the drill and you may get a "firmly worded" letter from the Captain." That you may get for getting onboard after the Lifeboat Drill... rofl.gif

Bad Jane spank.gif hiding from the LB drill... :D

Looking forward to seeing you all on the the December 2nd sailing. Nanagirl, we are booked on Delta on the 2nd from RSW-ATL-BGI. I think our flight from ATL leaves at 9:45 AM. We booked 1st class. It was cheaper than Seabourn's coach fare. JaneBP, looking forward trivia. I recall that we were on the same team on Legend in April.

Dave in Naples

Oh golly. I'm getting paddled in advance for missing the life boat drill on Dec. 2 from Barbados. When does it take place? It was Seabourn I called and asked about what time I needed to be aboard.

Jane :p

is wondering why Blackbird takes such pleasure in throttling me.....

Hi Dave!!!

I was wondering about you. Yes, we were on the same team and did pretty well, I remember. I am not sure how many 'sea' days we will have, so our chances for victory might be slim. I was just in Alaska and learned how to telll the age of a humpback whale on autopsy. Now if only that comes up in Trivia.....

I will be in Naples early in August, hope it's cooler. Yeah, right.

O

is wondering why Blackbird takes such pleasure in throttling me.....

Because Blackbird iloveyou.gifeven if Blackbird supects you are an attorney

On Seabourn's air, they wanted $3,000 coach for me RT to Barbados from Charlotte, I booked my own for $650 coach, but I know US Airways has First Class upgrades normally for $150 each way that you can try to get 30 hours out, and which I plan to try for. Even so 4 hours in coach is not bad.

No I'm not an attorney, I just work for them :) !! But the attorneys I work for are very wonderful and I like them very much. Seems many people don't have a very high opinion of lawyers! Hmmmm....!!

WOW blackbird, that was quite a chunk of money you were quoted for airfare. Wise of you to book it yourself....I book my own, too.

Jane

who especially likes blackbird's funny icons

Archived