Air from Toronto to Miami

gordonsh

Looking at Eastern Caribbean cruise with Carnival Triump in August and need good rates on airfare from Toronto to Miami. Anyone has any tips on whether it's better to get the fare from the cruise line or sepatate.

Seperate is much better

Air Canada/American Airlines to MIA RT from around $240/pp usually. There are some quirks though. Sometimes, you can book the Air Canada flights from United Airlines using their codeshare cheaper than from AC direct.

Westjet/Canjet to FLL RT around $200/pp usually.

Prices in US$, it's easier to comparison shop that way.

You can also get down from BUF for about $120.

If you want me to get specific prices for your dates, post them here and i'll get them for you.

Try a search on Kayak.com

I would opt for Westjet or AC out of Toronto

I would not fly out of BUF....we booked flights to Texas with AA and so far my flights have changed 3 times and from 1 connection to 2 connection plus now we have to book a hotel the night before & the night returning because my flight doesnot get in until 11:30pm IF we make the 30 min connection in Chicago.:(

Sort of makes the saving disappear.

I agree with TrueBlue Tory. This past April, I booked with Air Canada for my Valor cruise. They changed my flights several times. The first time, I had to change it to the next day, since it left at 11am. Did not want to risk missing my flight (which I would've had, had I kept it). Only to find out a month after, that they had re-instated my original flight. But, they wouldn't let me change it back.

Joanne

Thanks, I am going to continue keeping my eyes open and monitor the sites provided. There are 5 of us so every little bit counts.

T

If I understand you correctly you are looking about six weeks from now. (If it is for August '07 then this doesn't matter.)

You need to book these seats sooner instead of waiting. Fares may go up, but a bigger problem might be getting five seats on the same flights at prices you consider reasonable. Often there are only one or two cheap seats on the plane, especially as it gets closer to departure. If you wait they may be gone and you will wish that you had cruise air.

If you are talking for '07 take cruise air now, and then look for your flights on your own. Book them when you find them up until final payment, and then cancel cruise air. (Of course you cannot book August '07 flights until 330 days before flying so no rush on those.)

Archived