Kids at Orient Beach?

LovetoKruz

We have just booked a tour with Bernard thru Sunny Liston (recommended by this board!) and part of the tour includes a stop at Orient Beach. We have heard nothing but great things about this tour and the beach but now that I am reading the boards I am concerned about the beach since our children are 8 and 12. Are there other children at this beach? Should I be concerned about the nudity or are there parts of the beach that aren't nude?

1) I don't know when you are going. When we were there in january '05 there were PLENTY of kids on the beach.

2) There will be topless sunbathers ALL OVER the beach. The fully nude area is to the far right of the beach (while facing the ocean). The majority of those who are fully nude will stay in that area, more to avoid being stared at than anything else. A few fully nude folks will walk along the entire beach.

I believe if you explain the situation to your kids, so they are prepared, they will think little to nothing about it when it is encountered. The culture is very European on this Island and any beach will have some topless sunbathers. If you don't make a big deal out of it, neither will they.

1) I don't know when you are going. When we were there in january '05 there were PLENTY of kids on the beach.

2) There will be topless sunbathers ALL OVER the beach. The fully nude area is to the far right of the beach (while facing the ocean). The majority of those who are fully nude will stay in that area, more to avoid being stared at than anything else. A few fully nude folks will walk along the entire beach.

I believe if you explain the situation to your kids, so they are prepared, they will think little to nothing about it when it is encountered. The culture is very European on this Island and any beach will have some topless sunbathers. If you don't make a big deal out of it, neither will they.

When we stayed a L'Hoste on Orient Beach for a week, there were several families (age range from toddlers to teens) at the hotel. None were traumatized by toplessness or the site of the occasional nude person walking by. As stated above the vast majority of completely nude people will be at Club Orient Resort at the far right end of the beach.

Hi Loveto - We are cruzing on Glory on July 22. I have been struggling with the decision to go to Orient or not too. My youngest son just turned 13 last week. I started another thread about the beaches, and it sounds like orient is the best. So, today I will wrestle with my conscious:rolleyes: and talk to the others in our group. Of course the older 21 year old boys want to go!:p

When my dh was about the same age as our youngest is now, his mom caught him glancing at a Playboy magazine on the stand at a store they were in.:eek: She said to him "You're going to see that kind of stuff all your life." He remembers thinking "All right!!" :D LOL

(I just figured out how to add the faces - they are so cute:) )

I guess I can't keep those "rose colored glasses" on my son for ever.

Still, it's a tough decision for me to make. Good luck with your decision.

Hi Loveto - We are cruzing on Glory on July 22. I have been struggling with the decision to go to Orient or not too. My youngest son just turned 13 last week. I started another thread about the beaches, and it sounds like orient is the best. So, today I will wrestle with my conscious:rolleyes: and talk to the others in our group. Of course the older 21 year old boys want to go!:p

When my dh was about the same age as our youngest is now, his mom caught him glancing at a Playboy magazine on the stand at a store they were in.:eek: She said to him "You're going to see that kind of stuff all your life." He remembers thinking "All right!!" :D LOL

(I just figured out how to add the faces - they are so cute:) )

I guess I can't keep those "rose colored glasses" on my son for ever.

Still, it's a tough decision for me to make. Good luck with your decision.

Thanks for the humor - it puts it in perspective. My son is only 7 so I am hoping that he won't even notice? BTW we are on the Glory on the 22nd as well - maybe I'll see you at the beach - we'll be the family with our clothes on, LOL.

we'll be the family with our clothes on, LOL.

Very, very funny! I guess we will stand out too! I talked to my 13 year old - he has no problem with it ;) ! What does concern me is when I do a images search on Orient Beach looking to see the beauty - the nudies show up. I am just not sure I m ready to expose my son to this. I think we will probably end up at Divi or hoping over to Anguilla.

Have fun on your cruise! We are all excited!

I goto orient every year. its a great beach. I bring my three sons. They stare and giggle in the beginning, but its over quickly. We always go to Bikini Beach. There are a topless women. However, the nudists tend to stroll the beach a lot.

Go to Baywatch, have the ribs or the mussels. Say hi to Cheryl and Andy. They are from NY and NJ. Look for all the license plates. great Food.

Ronnie NJ

• 3 weeks later...

We were at Orient Beach 2 weeks ago with my 8 year old son and 8 year old niece. We saw several topless women strolling along the shoreline, but no full nudity. On the way back to port, my mom, sisters and I were talking about it. My niece said she noticed, but my 8 year old son missed it (much to his disappointment). He was so busy playing and he wasn't looking for it, so it never mattered. Don't worry about it. Just go and enjoy!

Archived