Appropriate clothes--July Baltic?

croman02

As Jim said, shorts are fine, but be aware that if you take any Religious excursions in St. Petersburg, your knees and shoulders (for both men and women) need to be covered. Saw alot of people with those pants that zip off into shorts type of thing.

Enjoy your cruise, this was my favorite itinerary yet.

It's pretty warm in Europe (including northern Germany) right now. Shorts are fine, slacks are too. Saw lots of those last August. Bring a light jacket with you. Just be aware that the weather in the Baltic can be temperamental, just like a ........never mind!;)

Returned just a few days ago from this gloriously beautiful part of the world. In all my planning and research, I heard that summer in these countries was not as hot as summer here -- that the average temp is 65-75F. WELL, we were met with extremely hot, humid, draining weather in every single port! To answer your question more specifically, men in shorts was a common sight every place we went (see previous poster's comment about churches), and as far as I'm concerned, the Number One consideration is comfort, as you'll be doing lots of walking in these fascinating places. :D

Thanks to all for the good advice. I checked the weatherbase site and it does talk about hig 60s-low 70s, but who knows. As long as it doesn't rain. We have been drenched here in the NE and it doesn't look like it is ever really going to clear up! One more thing to think about--hope the flight from Boston to Newark and then to Copenhagen can take off--my son in law returned yesterday from Europe and is stranded in Philidelphia!

Archived