Best Way to Get to Hotel, Ship, Airport ...

EbayCruiser

I just got off the phone with Gray Line of Seattle. I was under the impression that you could take the Gray Line from your hotel to the Pier but they said no, they only offer transportation to and from Airport to Hotel.

OK ..... we are flying in the day before cruise. What is the best and less expensive way to get from Airport to Seattle Shearton, then to the Zaandam the next day, then back to the Airport from the Port. Do we just take cabs or is there a package deal somewhere??

HAL will sell you a transfer to the ship and from the ship to the airport. Their transfers are only for sailing/disembarkation days, so you'll have to arrange your own transportation from the airport to the hotel. A cab will probably serve you best for getting to the Sheraton with your luggage. Check their prices for the other transfers. A cab could be cheaper, but often a transfer to the ship includes a mini-tour of the city.

We've done just about every combination you can think of short of walking from the airport to the hotel and so on. We actually kind of like taking a cab from the airport to the hotel, even if it's a HAL pre-cruise hotel. (If it's not then HAL transportation is a mute point...HAL only services it's contracted hotels.) If, like our last cruise, it just happens that the hotel is also one of HAL's pre-cruise hotel then we just let HAL get us from the hotel to the ship. On disembarkation day we took a cab to our hotel as we were staying in Ft Lauderdale one extra day post-cruise but that was not a HAL arranged situation. Typically we take a cab from the port back to the airport. Quite frankly, all other things being equal, a taxi is the easiest way to get around and you control your own travel that way.

Ebay:

I am doing the same thing as you. Coming in early, staying one night at the Warwick, then hitting the Zaandam. I have arranged for a car to pick me up at the airport and take me to the hotel; and also to take me from the Pier after the cruise back to the airport. $35 each way, private car. I will just nab a taxi from my hotel to the pier on Friday. I used seattlecitycar.com for the limo.

I just got off the phone with Gray Line of Seattle. I was under the impression that you could take the Gray Line from your hotel to the Pier but they said no, they only offer transportation to and from Airport to Hotel.

OK ..... we are flying in the day before cruise. What is the best and less expensive way to get from Airport to Seattle Shearton, then to the Zaandam the next day, then back to the Airport from the Port. Do we just take cabs or is there a package deal somewhere??

Archived