Port of NY bag search

bigfoot88

On the several Majesty trips I have taken, you see people get called down to the bag level to remove bottles of alcohol from the bags. Do they have issues with bottled water? I was going to bring a case of small water bottles, but don’t want to get called on it. Any input?

I take a case of bottled water on every cruise. Normally I put a sticky luggage tag on it with my name and room number, and it arrives with the luggage. On my last cruise though, it never arrived. I guess someone must have been thirsty. This time I am packing it in a piece of luggage and letting it go through that way. There is no problem with bringing water or soda onboard though.

On the several Majesty trips I have taken, you see people get called down to the bag level to remove bottles of alcohol from the bags. Do they have issues with bottled water? I was going to bring a case of small water bottles, but don’t want to get called on it. Any input?

Welcome to cruisecritic. It is obvious you are new here. Those people getting called down are exactly as you mentioned - booze.

It has ZERO to do with port security or NY Bag Search. It has everything to do with NCL and wanting to sell drinks onboard. Scan back through some postings and you will see this discussed often.

Also, you will find many postings where nobody has had ANY problem with bringing bottled water onboard - even though everyone says the bottle is BETTER on the ship than in most towns.

Archived