Bayonne Parking - Sticky Residue Still A Problem?

This posting does not surprise me at all although I am not happy about it. When is someone going to force Royal Caribbean and the Port of Bayonne to do the right thing for those people parking at the Bayonne Pier and either stop the overspray or issue car covers to all vehicles (for free).

It is nice that someone is going to pay for detailing to fix the problem on your car but why not just prevent it from happening? Where is the corporate social responsibilty from Royal Caribbean? Come on RCCL you asked your customers to go to Bayonne now you should take care of this problem!:mad:

Just found this thread and thought I would post the following:

From the "What-It's-Worth Department," I was detailing my car this past weekend getting ready for the winter driving season, and I noticed when I got up close and personal with the car that there were white paint specks all over the car. Could not see them from a distance (couple of feet or so) because they blended in with the metallic paint. There's only one place that I could think of where the car was parked that this could have happened.

Come to find out, after I called Celebrity, there is a drydock nearby the port, and I got it from the paint overspray/wind. They gave me the name & number of the individual who will take care of having the car detailed.

So, if this happened to you, and you were parked for the 7 October cruise out of Bayonne on Zenith, call Celebrity customer service. I was very happy how easily this situation got resolved.

Cheers,

Hi,

Are they going to do the detailing themselves? or are they going to make you get estimates and send a check directly to the garage? We had overspray back in June and we just got our check a few weeks ago.......after many, many emails and photos being sent to them. They also didn't accept our first estimate and then we had to go get 2 more estimates and the 2 were actually higher than the first one we sent so they ended up using the first one. I'm glad we're done with that mess.

They really need to do something about this problem.......I know we won't park there anymore!

Good Luck with your car!

All of you people have rocks in your head for parking at the Bayonne dock! :eek: after approx. 7 cruise sailings were oversprayed during the past year and a half. This information has been on this board several times over!

We had our car oversprayed back in Aug. 2005. That was the third time. After 5 months, and $2,400 for damage repair to my new car, and $900 to rent a car, "their ins. co." paid us in full. What a hassle!! RCCL and Celebrity want nothing to do with the claims. You need to take this up with the parking lot ins. co.

WE WILL NEVER CRUISE OUT OF BAYONNE AGAIN!!! Sorry RCCL and Celebrity. Our business went elsewhere. Right across the river.

All of you people have rocks in your head for parking at the Bayonne dock! :eek: after approx. 7 cruise sailings were oversprayed during the past year and a half. This information has been on this board several times over!

We had our car oversprayed back in Aug. 2005. That was the third time. After 5 months, and $2,400 for damage repair to my new car, and $900 to rent a car, "their ins. co." paid us in full. What a hassle!! RCCL and Celebrity want nothing to do with the claims. You need to take this up with the parking lot ins. co.

WE WILL NEVER CRUISE OUT OF BAYONNE AGAIN!!! Sorry RCCL and Celebrity. Our business went elsewhere. Right across the river.

We were on Explorer 10/29/06 and had no problems at all with overspray on our car and it was very windy all week including the day we departed. :o

Archived