FAMILY Rooms on Liberty

Luvsdaislands

Having sailed on Liberty last fall, I'm not aware of any such stateroom called a "family room". They don't even offer a family suite--only regular and penthouse suites. We looked at the suites but opted for two adjoining staterooms and felt that was much more bang for the buck.

Aren't the Cat 6E staterooms just ordinary oceanview staterooms that are the same size as every other stateroom on the ship (except they don't have a balcony)? So what's so special or "family" about them? The one small advantage I see is that they're just a few steps away from Camp Carnival and the Spa!

Aren't the Cat 6E staterooms just ordinary oceanview staterooms that are the same size as every other stateroom on the ship (except they don't have a balcony)? So what's so special or "family" about them? The one small advantage I see is that they're just a few steps away from Camp Carnival and the Spa!

First, I am going to assume that you live in Maryland since you are a Terps fan:confused: I am a fellow Marylander also!!! :D

Second, from what I have read, the rooms are 230sq in size which are larger than the 185sq and 220sq. and have floor to ceiling windows. I wonder if the view is blocked or not? I love to look out the window and watch the waves.

First, I am going to assume that you live in Maryland since you are a Terps fan:confused: I am a fellow Marylander also!!! :D

Second, from what I have read, the rooms are 230sq in size which are larger than the 185sq and 220sq. and have floor to ceiling windows. I wonder if the view is blocked or not? I love to look out the window and watch the waves.

Yes I'm a genuine University of Maryland Terrapin graduate! :D

As for this "family room", the Cat 6e's are all 185 sq ft rooms from what I see on Carnival's and Travelocity's stateroom/deck plans. And I can't find anything bigger than those except for your suites and penthouse suites. What specific category or room # are you looking at that is a "family room". Did I miss something?

BTW, if you have four or more travelling, then for the money, I highly recommend getting two adjoining staterooms. That's what we did on Liberty and you then get 370 sq ft total, some privacy and two bathrooms!

Hi all. We had the "family room," and it was awesome. The floor to ceiling windows were outstanding. The bed configuration for our 5 year old and 2 year old was great. The location was central to everything. The family rooms are at the top of the ship, I believe deck 11. I will try to send you a web address, or some kind of link to the photos of the room.

Hi all. We had the "family room," and it was awesome. The floor to ceiling windows were outstanding. The bed configuration for our 5 year old and 2 year old was great. The location was central to everything. The family rooms are at the top of the ship, I believe deck 11. I will try to send you a web address, or some kind of link to the photos of the room.

JesMil,

Thanks for the info and the photos. Are the rooms at the BOW or AFT?

Hi All:

The family staterooms are at the bow of the ship, right near the spa. The rooms really are conveniently located near everything, in my opinion.

Traveling on the Liberty with a 2 year old was great. Camp Carnival was outstanding in the personnel and the activities. My son was not potty trained at the time, and the staff was great about that. I did not use Camp Carnival as an "all day thing," but, it was super to get 2 - 3 hours without the little guy.

My 5 year old also loved the Camp Carnival.

You will have a great time.

That slide show was awesome... actually moved me to tears (of joy)... must be feeling alittle sappy tonite :o

Thanks so much for sharing!

A~:)

It wasn't just you;) . They were precious! I love looking at other people's vacation pics. Makes me feel like I'm there too.:D

Archived