ROLL CALL-- Legend 3/11-3/18

BrittaniMV

My flight time from Charlotte to St Thomas was also changed on Usairways . I leave 10 minutes later and get there 6 minutes earlier. When I return I leave 5 minutes earlier and get back to Charlotte 1 minute later:p As long as I make it in time to the big pre-cruise party at the Mafolie !!!:D My coconut shrimp are calling !!

I can't complain about the ticket as it is a dividend miles award.

You may want to reconsider this choice. Most of the people who took the highlights tour in '05 were not impressed (one of the "highlights" was the water treatment/sewage plant:eek: ).

johnny

I am not interested in swimming at the Baths just taking pictures. So I now can add a sewage plant to my album. :eek:

Question about Prickly Pear and the BBQ. :) I did not know until I got to the beach at Mayreau, Grenadines for the BBQ, that there were no locals around, only guests and crew. Is this the way it is at Prickly Pear? I did not wear my swim things because I did not want to leave my camera alone.

Mmmm twisting and turning in knee to waist deep crocodile infested water followed by a climb up the white chiffs of Virgin Gorda for a "dixie" cup of rum punch OR wear my Crocs and ride up in the elevator to the Sky Bar for a rum punch... Mmmmmmm :D

My flight time from Charlotte to St Thomas was also changed on Usairways . I leave 10 minutes later and get there 6 minutes earlier. When I return I leave 5 minutes earlier and get back to Charlotte 1 minute later:p As long as I make it in time to the big pre-cruise party at the Mafolie !!!:D My coconut shrimp are calling !!

After reading Jackie's flight change thread, I checked my reservations on Delta, and, sure enough, a few changes...although minor ones (and there was no notice from my provider!). Leave home at the same time, but get into St. T. about a half hour later.

What day are you flying in, John? Maybe you can help me navigate in the Jeep I'm renting, if you're a brave man! :eek: :D

Paul

who doesn't much care for coconut, and whose black crocs are holding up very nicely, thankyouverymuch!

LEGEND SAILOR'S,

I hope the Legend docks at Havensight. The Pride docked here in Dec. and Jan.~~~~~it's the nicest dock/pier I've been to.

A huge area of grrrreat shops, restaurants, malls, etc., etc. plus free trolly's to/from the ship.

When we've docked, in the past, at Crown Bay, I've simply stayed aboard the ship.

Have fun and happy sailings!

Martita

Mmmm twisting and turning in knee to waist deep crocodile infested water followed by a climb up the white chiffs of Virgin Gorda for a "dixie" cup of rum punch OR wear my Crocs and ride up in the elevator to the Sky Bar for a rum punch... Mmmmmmm :D

LOL....there will probably be plenty of available stools at the Sky Bar!

As we were trying to figure out the implications of the early daylight savings time on our computer network at work I realized that our cruise starts on the new daylight savings time start date, March 11th. :eek: I imagine that's going to complicate things. Will St. Thomas follow the rest of the U.S. in springing forward? Will other islands in the Caribbean? Will we be jumping back and forth through time zones every other day?

BB - are you flying out in the 11th? I bet the airline customer service reps don't have a clue.

As it gets closer I guess I'll call Seabourn to see what time zone they'll be on for departure. They too probably have not considered it. It's going to sneak up on a lot of people. What a nightmare it could be.

Jackie

Sailors,

Daylight Saving Time is NOT observed in the US Virgin Islands! The airlines and Seabourn's computers should take Dylight Saving Time into account. All Seabourn arrivals and departure are in local time. Click on the link below to learn everything you ever wanted to know about Daylight Saving Time:

http://webexhibits.org/daylightsaving/b.html

You may even learn the answers to some Trivia questions there. Oh why does my mind always wander into Trivia? :eek: :D

Waterford ! I should be arriving on Saturday at around 2:16 p.m. I would be happy to help but it may be too late . I had to do 2 post cruise days as the 10th of the month is when I pay most of my invoices. I will do the checks to be mailed on Monday the 12th . I have reservations for dinner that night and also for the other nights . Come one come all !!!:D Maybe we could navigate some that afternoon !! I had thought of switching my post cruise plans to the Wyndham as I can check in early and use the Journey's Spa ( rated the best in the USVI) but do not know if it is worth the difference in price . I'm sort of into spas now as I just came from the Canyon Ranch and it's such a let down to come home to our run down place here :eek: . Looking forward to meeting !!

I like coconut cake but not too often ... with the crocs how many pairs of shoes do you bring ? I figure that I will need about 6 pairs counting those .I have more shoes than Imelda Marcos!

Waterford ! I should be arriving on Saturday at around 2:16 p.m.

Not sure what I'll be doing that day, but likely will be "up" for dinner! Sounds good!

with the crocs how many pairs of shoes do you bring ? I figure that I will need about 6 pairs counting those .I have more shoes than Imelda Marcos!

I'll probably bring the crocs, a pair of tennis shoes, and 1 pair of dress shoes. I might not even bring the dress shoes! :p I'm not a big "shoe" guy. If my shoes are "that" important to someone, I'll just have to "disappoint"!!!! :eek: :D ;)

Less than 2 months now! Yippee!

Paul

John,

I have a good friend that frequents the Pride ship......last year she was on and her 'lit feet were hurting her so she just wore black sock's everyday and every evening.......even formal evenings. With

her long gowns, skirts or evening pants~~~~ would you believe nobody even noticed???? Not a soul!!!

Happy weekend~~~~

Pinkie

Sailors,

Daylight Saving Time is NOT observed in the US Virgin Islands! The airlines and Seabourn's computers should take Dylight Saving Time into account. All Seabourn arrivals and departure are in local time. Click on the link below to learn everything you ever wanted to know about Daylight Saving Time:

http://webexhibits.org/daylightsaving/b.html

You may even learn the answers to some Trivia questions there. Oh why does my mind always wander into Trivia? :eek: :D

Thanks, that's a big relief. Nice to know we won't be switching, and better yet, we will be on NY time when we fly out, so only three time zone changes on the way back home west (which is easier than going east) instead of the four getting there two days before the new DST.

John,

I have a good friend that frequents the Pride ship......last year she was on and her 'lit feet were hurting her so she just wore black sock's everyday and every evening.......even formal evenings. With

her long gowns, skirts or evening pants~~~~ would you believe nobody even noticed???? Not a soul!!!

Happy weekend~~~~

Pinkie

What a clever idea. And this posting is eminently appropriate for this roll call as we are less than two months out and have to begin packing, right?

Jackie

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone going on this cruise received their final cruise documents?

Darn, I was hoping someone would be posting already that they have received their documents. I figure those closest to Florida would be receiving theirs a couple of days before us in the far west.:(

I want to know what cabin we've got.

I guess it's time to start figuring out what we'll be taking. I've got to see how to hide Neil's suit and tie in the garmet bag because I know he won't pack it himself.

Jackie

Jackie-- We are in Alabama so it sounds like we will probably have them a day or two before you do. Every time I call Seabourn I receive a different response as to when the final docs are sent. I have heard 45 days, 30 days and already mailed. I'm getting very anxious to go (ok, impatient). March cannot get here fast enough!

I'm sure many of you travel so often you probably are already aware, but for those who don't, the TSA has approved several types of luggage locks. The TSA has a special key to open the lock without cutting them off altogether. This way you can lock and leave without waiting for them to scan your bags. There is also an indicator that changes color if the TSA opens your lock so you will know if the lock has been opened or not.

I want to know what cabin we've got.

Jackie, just go to Seabourn's website and click "Skip" to bypass the introduction. On the page that appears, near the bottom of the page click on the link "Club Members" and close any popup windows that occurr in the next window. Click "Online Guest Registration Form" and fill in the requested info and click "Login." Your registration form comes up and there will either a suite number or "GTY." If it says GTY, keep checking. Last November, I did not get my suite assignment until 4 days before sailing. If the website does not have your assignment by then, you or your TA may have to call Seabourn.

Last November, I did not get my suite assignment until 4 days before sailing. If the website does not have your assignment by then, you or your TA may have to call Seabourn.

4 days before sailing!?! :eek: I won't be able to take the anticipation. I have been periodically checking, on Monday it still said GTY.

I take it then that your documentation/tickets, when they arrived still had said guarantee. I get a thrill filling out those luggage tags with the cabin number, I guess I may just have to wait until I'm on the pier.

Jackie

I take it then that your documentation/tickets, when they arrived still had said guarantee. I get a thrill filling out those luggage tags with the cabin number, I guess I may just have to wait until I'm on the pier.

When you book a guarantee, the tickets also say that. Your preprinted luggage tags will either have your assigned suite number printed on them or say "GTY." My last two cruises my luggage tags were preprinted with GTY. There is a little room to manually write in your suite number on your luggage tags if this makes you feel better (I also did this). Not knowing your suite number until you arrive at the pier is rare, but it has happened. The baggage handlers will have the official passenger manifest and will quickly whisk your bags to your suite.

I've been trying for about an hour to check my status...keep getting the error message that "Record is being updated by another user. Please try again later"

Hmmmm. Maybe...just maybe.....(!)

Checking back through the thread, I come up with:

BrittaniMV, jseigel (Jackie & Neil), jmalot, Archipelago (John III) and moi as booked. Any other CCers lurking??

Paul

Not to derail the thread but I am on the March 31 Pride voyage and I have not even received my "pre"-docs yet! :mad:

Matt, that is crazy! I am on the crossing right before your sailing and I received my pre-cruise booklet 3 to 4 weeks ago! That was uncharacteristically early; however, with only one port call Seabourn was able to get the booklet put together quickly and sent out. In your case with the President's First Annual Sailing, I am sure they are finishing the myriad of details to make certain everything is correct in the booklet.

Archived