Holiday Inn Express-State Rd 84

shofer

Stayed there for one night before our Carribean Princess cruise,there is German restaurant about 2 blocks from the hotel (same side of the road). There is a strip mall with several fast food restaurant on the other side of the road. Did not think it was safe to cross the road (cross walk was quite a distance from the hotel). Had lunch at the German restaurant (very good). Hotel had several menus for sendout--called for take out from a local Italian restaurant.

Hotel was very nice--- very clean--staff was friendly

I have always been told to AVOID that area and hotel. There is another Holiday Inn Express on 17th Street. We'll be staying there in November for 2 days. Check out some of the comments here on CC regarding that hotel. They don't sound good... Perhaps you can still change?

Happy Cruising,

Courtney

I have always been told to AVOID that area and hotel. There is another Holiday Inn Express on 17th Street. We'll be staying there in November for 2 days. Check out some of the comments here on CC regarding that hotel. They don't sound good... Perhaps you can still change?

Happy Cruising,

Courtney

Where are the bad comments about that hotel? I have only heard nice things about the hotel. I also read not to be out in the area at night but that it was ok during the day. I'm staying there in January and the HI on 17th was booked up.

There are several here on CC. Just type the hotel in the search box. I'll copy and paste a few comments below. Also, other cruise message boards have many negative comments. I have not been there myself. I'm just going by what I have read over the past couple of years. Based on what I have read, I'd rather stay elsewhere. It's an individual choice...

“Just make sure the Holiday Inn Express is the Convention Center one on 17th Street. There is another one that says Holiday Inn Cruise Port...you don't want that one.”

“Holiday Inn Express Airport~Seaport, 1150 W State Road 84, that is not so desirable.”

“Well that other HIX is okay as a hotel, but the location is bad. I never recommend anything on State Road 84, it's not a nice area, not at all safe at night, and no, there's really not much of anything to walk to (not that you would want to anyway).”

“Avoid the State Road 84 motels at all cost!!! That's a nasty area, with nothing to walk to from any of them, not that you'd want to anyway. And at night it gets really bad.”

Have a great cruise!

Courtney

The AREA is not so great, not the hotel. I have not read anything but good comments about the HOTEL. If I had a choice I'd book a hotel on 17th St because I love that location. I'm staying in January and lots of the hotels were booked up or the prices were outrageous. I signed up for the HI credit card and ended up getting the hotel for $45. For that price I'll take a taxi if I need to get anywhere.

Archived