air pump to blow up pool float? CP?

suzw

The swimsuits with the blow up thing-y are wonderful.. my niece has one and stays buoyant in their pool with just the little arm water wings.. to be honest with you I have never in all my years of cruising seen anyone with a float in a shipboard pool and esp. not one that is so big you need a pump to blow it up! Pools are crowded in the hot summer so IMHO it would also be inconsiderate... for what MHO is worth ;)

You won't have enough room on the ship as previously mentioned but if you need a pump to use on shore, a foot pump is the way to go. They are small, light weight, inexpensive, don't use electricity, and don't take up much space in your luggage.

airpumpsfoot.jpg

I do not think so. Unless someone else onboard has brought one along that you can borrow.

I echo the other posts that I have never seen floats of any sort on board a cruise. I think beach balls would be fun to toss around. Of course they might end up overboard. :)

What is meant by a "small pool float"? Is it like an inner tube that is round and about 2 feet or less in diamater? If she is 3 1/2 yrs old she isn't going to be using a very big one. If you mean a float like a lounger style then that might be different. Of course she could roll off of something like that and have problems. Since there are no lifeguards someone has to watch her all the time. If is was just a small little kids float I don't think it would be a problem. The other thing you might think of using is a childs flotation vest or something you could strap to the child.

I am going on the Carribean Princess this saturday and am wondering if there is anyone or anywhere to get an air pump on board to blow up a small pool float that I am bringing for my daughter, I realize it is an odd question, I was just curious

thanks

Suzanne

My guess as a rule of thumb.......if you need a pump to blow it up.....it is too large.

If you can blow it up with your mouth......it might be small enough for the ship's pool......:)

When my children were very young I packed a small life vest for them for any vacation that included water. It gave them a great sense of freedom and me huge peace of mind. The child size life vests are lightweight, inexpensive and easy to find. Maybe this would be an option?

If this wont work you could call Princess and ask them your original question. :)

Better than bringing the float and a pump I would bring a small pool and set in on the deck for her. 20 plus cruises and I have never seen a float devise of any kine in a pool. Another idea, why not bring water wings. This would be much safer. I have seen lots of little ones use them on cruise ships. NMnita

FLVOL77....thanks that was what I thought, some days when the ship is in port the pool is virtually empty. the float is the size of a very small inner tube, it is nothing ridiculous, everytime a question regarding kids comes up people seem to jump down your throat....oh well

thanks

Suzanne

One thing about message boards, if you don't want an honest answer, then whatever you do, don't ask the question. All everyone has done was told what they have seen and not seen onboard. It has nothing to do with children cruising. The same answer would be given if you were asking about an adult bringing a large floatation device to be used in the ships pools.

FLVOL77....thanks that was what I thought, some days when the ship is in port the pool is virtually empty. the float is the size of a very small inner tube, it is nothing ridiculous, everytime a question regarding kids comes up people seem to jump down your throat....oh well

thanks

Suzanne

Suzanne, I don't really think anyone is jumping down your throat, just trying to give you some advise on other ways to enjoy the pool without a float. When we were on our last cruise, the Sun, just after Easter, we thought the pool would be empty on port days: surprise, they were full of kids in the morning before everyone decided to go on shore. I am sure you will want to go on shore most days as well.

I think someone suggested you call Princess directly, my hunch is, they will not allow floats in the pool period. Maybe I am wrong; good luck and have a great cruise. NMnita

At first when I read the op question, I thought she was referring to a blow up raft or pool to take to the beach. We brought those cheap rafts and blew them up when we went on a disney cruise and then just threw them away. I wouldnt think of doing that on the ship, I dont think there would be enough room to have something in ship pools, they are not that big, just my opinion.

At first when I read the op question, I thought she was referring to a blow up raft or pool to take to the beach. We brought those cheap rafts and blew them up when we went on a disney cruise and then just threw them away. I wouldnt think of doing that on the ship, I dont think there would be enough room to have something in ship pools, they are not that big, just my opinion.
I really don't think she meant it the way many of us took it either, but I do think it is bigger than she now is saying. If was just one of those little intertubes she wouldn't have asked about the pump. Again it is back to what so often happens on these threads, we ask questions, not realizing how they sound to others, nor, do we sometimes think about how, what we think is ok, will affect others. I have never seen any kind of float device on any ship and don't think I want to, no matter how small. Water wings with a mommy or daddy right by the litte ones side wil make for a safe water experience and not take up room in ships very small pools. NMnita

Archived