Using savings certificate on previously booked cruise

We booked through a TA last August for our cruise in 2/07. This months C&A coupons have a $125 credit for our sail date. It's not a ton of money, but it's several drinks anyway :D. Does anyone have any thoughts on if it's worth it to try to use this, and if so, how to go about getting it? It does say that it's valid on reservations made during July, 2006. Our rates have not gone up, so it's not like we'd be losing $ if we rebooked. I'm more worried about someone swooping in and grabbing our aft balcony.

As there isn't any price difference, I would ask my TA to call RCCL and ask them about applying the coupon. If they say no, as they did with our Mariner cruise (but the price has gone up so we couldn't do anything) your agent could tell them that you are thinking about cancelling and rebooking and see what they say. We did that once and RCCL gave us the credit. Your only hold-back would be your great cabin. It wouldn't have mattered to us if we lost the cabin and got another one. I don't know if your agent will be successful, but it might be worth a shot. After all, $125 is better in your pocket. Good luck.

I just tried the same thing, but they do not want to honor the coupons on a previously booked cruise. Previously the coupons were honored but they said "book by" and a date. Now the ones I see say booked between "July 1, 2006 and July 31,2006" . I was told to send in the coupons and maybe they would revise the policy if a lot of people were upset. I previously posted with the title of Worthless C & A Coupons. You could search for other peoples experiences. Let us know if you are succesful. Thanks

I believe that if you have not yet paid in full for your cruise, there should be no problem using the coupon. I used a $175 future cruise certificate that they said had to be used on the same type cabin - which was a balcony - however, I booked a standard ocean view for just myself, put the coupon # in (of course, I booked on line) and they deducted the $175 from my total.:confused:

I book directly with RCCL for my cruises. I have never had a problem getting any discounts offered to me in the past.

I have spoken to two different people at RCCL in two days. A very nice young man at night, and a wonderful and helpful woman who took time to explain in detail my two questions for her and well enough that I knew I was not entitled to money back.

First question was about the senior specials.

The second question I asked the lady was about the coupons on the website for July, and or any month they are posted.

It was whether I could use the coupons on an already booked cruise if I found one? The answer was a Large No, both times. You book in the time frame or you do not get the coupon credit.

I made the comment to the RCCL agent that I was calling myself because I wanted to hear facts about the coupons from them directly and I said that I do not always believe what I read on the "Cruise website". I then said, not the RCCL website but a Cruise website. The lady cracked up laughing so hard and said to me that she knew exactly what I meant. I started laughing with her. She knew which one I was referring to and told me it was better to call them. :D

I hung up believing that they read this too. ;)

If you have a TA that works for you have them call Customer Service. If it is mentioned that you are not in any cancellation penalties but don't want to lose the stateroom CS can hold the strm and rebook you so that you fall in the guidelines so that you can have the coupon applied. Since you booked with a TA...they HAVE to make the call.

Good Luck,

Tonya

Jewel of the Seas 11/06/05

Archived