Cocktail Casual

I have never heard that term. I would assume it means a dressy casual, not denim or shorts, but nice pants and tops (or a cute dress) for women, slacks and a nice sports shirt for men.

Anyone else care to guess at this?

I've never heard the term officially, but I use it sometimes.

My guess would be (what I would wear) would be a pair of black pants in a dressier fabric like wool crepe and a beaded cashmere twinset or a beaded blouse or a LBD with toned down jewelry, nothing "over the top" or outlandish. I think at some time it would have maybe been called "after 5 attire".

On a recent "cocktail casual" outing, I wore, a black silk skirt, an offwhite tank in satin/silk and a matching silk knit sweater cardigan with beads on it and some dressy ballet flats. Black crepe pants could be substitiuted for the skirt, which I would have worn, but it was just too hot so I wore the skirt instead.

Anthoer "cocktail casual" would be say silk pants in black and a satin/silk blouse.

As for shoes, since I always wear flats, I would wear some dressy ballet flats and a small handbag, but not a full blown evening bag. Think something like the "fendi baguette".

That's a new one for me. Maybe a dressed down LBD?

That what I was thinking.

Somewhere between resort and cocktail?

Perhaps something like Mrs. M advised?

For me, I always overdress...and it this case it would be an LBD with minimum sparkle.

Let us know what you decide!

~e

I think Mrs. Moose's suggestions sound about right too for the image I'm getting in my head. I have a black skirt and a print dressy halter top that I'm thinking might fit in that category.

Archived