Anne Frank House in Amsterdam ? Canal Bus Hop on and Off

LKJ

This sounds like it might be a good Regatta ship excursion to go on. If anyone has gone on it, please indicate how well you liked it. Is it just as easy to do it on your own? Being that it's 3 hrs long, would it be better to do the Canal Bus Hop on and Off and visit it along with other sights? On another post, someone talked about really long lines at A F House. Any idea when the best time to go is. Does a ship excursion group get in any faster than someone just buying a ticket there?

At Ann Franks house lines can be long, you just have to be lucky. I experienced long lines, other times I could walk in...it is a big guess.

Go there either as early as possible or late in the afternoon if you stay overnight..

http://www.annefrank.org/content.asp?pid=1&lid=1&setlanguage=2

If you donot like to visit a town with a group the hopon/hop off ship is quite nice. Or make a canalboattour of abt. 1 hour, nice way to see the city.

It also is possible to get a day-card for all buses, trams etc., another way to see the town. Tram 25 now leaves in front of the cruise-terminal into town.

For more info you can check:

http://www.vvvamsterdam.nl/

You've given me some good options. Also wondering what the entrance fee is in US $. It's (Adults: € 7,50). From the web site, it appears it takes about 1 hr to go through the house.

We just returned from this area on a RSSC cruise. Ours was an Anne Frank House/City tour from the ship. We had a short wait at the house....I couldn't tell you if it would have been the same on our own or not.

However, personally, the experience of going thru the house was very moving to me......always knew the story, but seeing it was something else to me.......well worth while to me.

Hope you enjoy your trip......

Archived