Queen Mary 2 - October 12 & 24 - Red Hook, Brooklyn

Terrence Richards

Well, it's official. Today I received from my AAA travel agent the "Voyage Information" booklet from Cunard for the QM2 New England/Canada cruise - October 12- 24, 2006.

On page five under the "Itinerary" there is the following message:

*IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Please be advised voyage M636 will embark and disembark at the new Brooklyn Cruise Terminal, Brooklyn, New York. For your reference the pier information is as follows:

Brooklyn Cruise Terminal

Pier 12

Brooklyn, New York 11231

The "Voyage Information" booklet contains driving directions to and from the terminal for Kennedy and LaGuardia Airports and for Manhattan. The booklet also contains the very important, "Guest Registration Form" to be filled in and mailed or faxed to Cunard, plus an explanation of the shore excursions available in each port of call. There is additional information about other matters dealing with the cruise in the sixty page booklet.

So, we are all off to Brooklyn regradless of the past information posted on these boards on where the QM2 would embark and disembark for this cruise.

Bon Voyage! Terrence

:cool: :cool:

Terrence, thanks for the information. We haven't received our information booklet yet. Hopefully it will be in next weeks mail. It will be nice to see what’s available in the way of tours. What Cunard has on their website is useless. We will probably do some of theirs and some on our own.

Terrence, I made a trial run to Red Hook yesterday. I am on the QE2 world cruise in January and wanted to check it out. Easy drive from the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel in lower Manhattan. Super easy finding the terminal, too, upon exiting the tunnel. The facility is large, with expansive parking lots. Queen Mary 2 was in port, embarking passengers for a crossing. There were many limos and busses dropping off passengers. It seemed to be organized. Queen Mary 2 sailed on scheduled, too, so perhaps they are getting their act together. Although you could see the Statue of Liberty in the distance, I am sure the sailing is a non-event compared to the traditional west side of Manhattan departure. So much history there. Enjoy your days aboard Queen Mary 2.

Happy Sailing,

Bobby

So, we are all off to Brooklyn regradless of the past information posted on these boards on where the QM2 would embark and disembark for this cruise. Bon Voyage! Terrence

Terrence, I don't know what you'd read here earlier, but the Cunard website is quite clear:

The following voyage will embark/ disembark at this port:

M635: Splendours of the Fall

September 30, 2006 - October 12, 2006

Queen Mary 2: 12 days

The following voyages will disembark at this port:

M634: Westbound Transtlantic Crossing

September 24, 2006 - September 30, 2006

Queen Mary 2: 6 days

M632A: New York, New York

September 6, 2006 - September 30,2006

Queen Mary 2: 24 days

So looks like after disembarking passengers on the 12th the QM2 will move from Bayonne to Brooklyn.....to embark you.

Peter

Well, it's official. Today I received from my AAA travel agent the "Voyage Information" booklet from Cunard for the QM2 New England/Canada cruise - October 12- 24, 2006.

It will be interesting to see what they actually do. I don't trust the info received, or the speculation. Our 'official booklet' for the 30 Sept.-12 Oct., Cruise just as clearly states that we depart and arrive at Cape Liberty, Bayonne (where our car will be parked).

It will be an interesting 'backstory' if they actually move her ...and the shoreside staffs , across the harbor on 12 Oct. :rolleyes:

PS: There will only be three formal nights on this 12-day cruise, according to the brochure...Black & White; Ascot ("hats optional";) ); and Masked Ball ("masks optional":eek: ).

The September 30th sailing is embarking in Red Hook, disembarking in Bayonne.

The October 12 sailing is embarking in Bayonne.

The Queen has been pushed out of Red Hook by the Princess (Crown)

Agents who have bookings on these sailings have received "Emergency Notification" faxes from Cunard for weeks now.

The September 30th sailing is embarking in Red Hook, disembarking in Bayonne.

The October 12 sailing is embarking in Bayonne.

The Queen has been pushed out of Red Hook by the Princess (Crown)

Agents who have bookings on these sailings have received "Emergency Notification" faxes from Cunard for weeks now.

The "Official" documents booklets received by both Terrence and myself say you are wrong. But, that is why these discussions have been going on for weeks now.

My documents booklet (for 9/30) was mailed by Cunard in California, and arrived last Wednesday (7/5). It states in large letters that 30 Sept.- 12 Oct. Embarks AND Disembarks in Bayonne (and gives directions). Terrence's say he Embarks at Red Hook on the same day.(??)

That's why I said before that we still have to wait for the truth. I just don't want to park at one and return to the other.

Cheers!

Bob & Beatrice

Hmmm perhaps there is some way I can paste the Emergency Notifications from Cunard on here??? They come as a pdf file, which I suppose I would have to save as a doc file.. and then copy and paste???

This is starting to sound more and more like the old Abbott and Costello comedy routine, Who's on First.

Gee, I'm more inclined to remember the Marx Brothers farce... Night at the Opera? (I forget which it was- with the stateroom scene with people piling into the room. Someone here posted a link- Was it you, CruiserKing?)

Karie,

who is a Marx Brothers fan- I have it bookmarked, but this is not my computer!

Hmmm perhaps there is some way I can paste the Emergency Notifications from Cunard on here??? They come as a pdf file, which I suppose I would have to save as a doc file.. and then copy and paste???

Open your PDF file in Acrobat. Then select "save as" from the file menu. In the "save as type" box select "JPEG files", select a location to save the file and click "save". You can then upload the resulting JPEG to this board. You might need to check that it's not too big for the board - if necessary you can reduce the size in a programme like Photoshop.

9/30 Bobby's info is correct. RT Bayonne. Sorry I was thinking about the transfers I had to wheedle out of Cunard for folks who live in Brooklyn.

Oct 12 embarks in Bayonne.

Don't try to multi-task while typing, it burns the brain. Mea Culpa.

Red Hook at present can only handle one ship at a time. The nod goes to the Crown Princess, though for the life of me I can't figure out why.

9/30 Bobby's info is correct. RT Bayonne.

No clarity yet - the Official line from Cunard - on the website and in Bobby & Terrence's information is that:

October 12 ARRIVAL disembarks in Bayonne

October 12 DEPARTURE embarks in Red Hook

So it still looks like the QM2 will shift position mid day - unless the web site & transfer information sent to Bobby & Terrence are wrong.

Peter

9/30 Bobby's info is correct. RT Bayonne. Sorry I was thinking about the transfers I had to wheedle out of Cunard for folks who live in Brooklyn.

Don't try to multi-task while typing, it burns the brain. Mea Culpa.

Red Hook at present can only handle one ship at a time. The nod goes to the Crown Princess, though for the life of me I can't figure out why.

Not to beat this to death, but we received a copy of the faxed EM today...for 9/30-10/12 ONLY. Here it is :

CUNARD EMERGENCY NOTIFICATION

29 Jun 06 M635 30 SEPT 06 NEW YORK

* IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING EMBARKATION AND DISEMBARKATION

Please be advised that due to operational reasons, embarkation and disembarkation procedures will be conducted at Cape Liberty Cruise Port - Bayonne Cruise Terminal, located at 14 Port Terminal Blvd., Bayonne, NJ.

Guests with Cunard Transfers will be be transferred To/From the Airport(s) or Cunard Hotel Packages To/From The Bayonne Cruise Terminal.

Guests with independent transfer arrangements should be guided accordingly.

If you have any questions, please contact us at 1-800-5-CUNARD. We look forward to welcoming our clients aboard QUEEN MARY 2 !

THANK YOU FOR BOOKING CUNARD

THE MOST FAMOUS OCEAN LINERS IN THE WORLD

The Crown Princess is a Red Hook on Sept. 30th and this is the only day of interference that affects these East Canadian Cruises. In may embark in NJ for the Sept. 30th cruise and disembark at Red Hook. My voyage information for this cruise Oct. 12-24 show embarking and disembarking at Red Hook. I will clarify directly with Cunard tomorrow.

WOW!!!!! Here I thought that the recent mailing to me of the "Voyage Information" from Cunard was gospel. Now I am wondering if we all may end up back at the NYC Passenger Ship Terminal on the Hudson.

I did call Cunard several weeks ago and the agent told me the October 12, embarkation would be at Red Hook. I even mentioned it to my AAA travel agent just a few weeks ago when my final payment was due, she told me that her material from Cunard states the QM2 would depart from New York, not New Jersey on October 12.

So, who ever is the first person to really find out the truth, all of us owe that person something.

Maybe we can charter a small yacht and have it ready to take us all to either Bayonne or Red Hook on our embarkation day of Oct. 12. At least we will get a nice view of NY harbor.

Till next time........Terrence (in a humorous mood)

from the Cunard website

Cape Liberty Cruise Port Bayonne Cruise Terminal

at 14 Port Terminal Boulevard; Bayonne NJ 07002, Phone: 201-823-3737, Fax: 201-823-3878.[/color]

The following voyage will embark/ disembark at this port:M635: Splendours of the Fall

September 30, 2006 - October 12, 2006

Queen Mary 2: 12 daysThe following voyages will disembark at this port:M634: Westbound Transtlantic Crossing

September 24, 2006 - September 30, 2006

Queen Mary 2: 6 days

M632A: New York, New York

September 6, 2006 - September 30,2006

Queen Mary 2: 24 days

I do not warrant anything but that its from the Website.....

Maybe we can charter a small yacht and have it ready to take us all to either Bayonne or Red Hook on our embarkation day of Oct. 12. At least we will get a nice view of NY harbor.

Till next time........Terrence (in a humorous mood)

Terrence,

Lets have a little fun with this small yacht charter.

Our son has a 43 ft. sailboat that sleeps 6. Do you think I should have him keep Oct. 12 open just in case?

Hey Dale,

Great picture. It reminds me of a Tartan 10 that my husband and I owned. Does your son race it? What is the mfg? I can't quite place the boat but it looks like Sparkman & Stephens design. It's truly beautiful. Wish I could get a better look. (your image can through small) What do you sail? Hope you get out often!

Regards,

Sue

Hey Dale,

Great picture. It reminds me of a Tartan 10 that my husband and I owned. Does your son race it? What is the mfg? I can't quite place the boat but it looks like Sparkman & Stephens design. It's truly beautiful. Wish I could get a better look. (your image can through small) What do you sail? Hope you get out often!

Thanks Sue,

Here's a picture you might like. I haven’t perfected downsizing pictures for CC yet. I hope this one will be a little better. Talk about coincidence your screen name is tobascored and his boat is named Tobasco and of course it‘s red. To answer your questions. It’s a 43ft. Palmer Johnson. He does race it when he is in Key West during the winter. It was first owned by the U.S. Naval Academy. I’m not a sailing sailor. All my sailing is limited to cruise ships.

Wow, Dale,

Our Tartan was named Tabasco because she also was red and HOT!. We did a lot of competative racing on Long Island Sound and won a ton of trophies, too :D

Thanks for the second picture. Love the Tabasco logo on the side.

I thought you had a sailboat because of the picture towing the dinghy.

My husband and I leave for our first ever cruise in a month (31 days to be exact). TA W/B. We cannot wait for that.:p

Best regards,

Sue

Hi Dale,

Why not!

Neil Simon wrote a comedy "Lost In Yonkers". It is time for a new one "Lost in Bayonne/Brooklyn".

I don't know about you, but as I read all the above threads, I think this is really a Cunard/Princess comedy act on all of us.

My wife and I live in Westchester County which is just above the Bronx. Wherever we have to go to get on the QM2 on October 12, is no problem. Bayonne or Red Hook are less than an hour away for us. We get limo service. I just hope I will be able to tell the driver where in the hell we are going on that day!

So, maybe the small yacht concept is not so far fetched.

Till next time.......Terrence (Terry)

Archived