Penthouse on the Pearl Anniversary Gift!

7SeasLover

So, ok... earlier I posted that happiness is booking a future cruise. NOT! Happiness is telling your husband that for next year's 35th anniversary you booked a penthouse on the Pearl to Alaska!

What a happy discuss at today's 34th anniversary dinner! I told him I had a surprise to give him today, but it's for ou 35th (next year). He said, "I know. A cruise to Alaska." Now that blew me away. How'd he find out??? He said I told him, but it must have been during a drug induced coma or something.

Well, what he did NOT know was that I booked the Penthouse (arranged through one of our own Cruise Critic folks). He had this stupid little grin plastered on his face. He kept asking the $$$, I said never mind. I did, however, get him to agree to pay for the flightsm, all the excursions, plus a gold quartz slide to fit my 10mm omega! heehee! I think I made out!

Anyway, giving an NCL cruise (especially a Penthouse) is a fabulous gift! Ok, no more talking- I wanna go pack!!!

(Renee, thanks for making this happen!)

We started our cruising careers with an anniversary penthouse on Pride of America....now we've graduated to giving each other owners suites for...oh....Arbor Day....Ross Perot's birthday....Ides of March :D

Always the correct size and color.

"Giving" a cruise to celebrate an occasion (birthday, anniversary, etc) gives new meaning to the gift that keeps on giving. The memories last a lifetime!

For the past few years, I've "gifted" my DH with an anniversary cruise - for our 38th next year, it's an April 9 Day Pearl in an AB (with a request already noted in my ressie for an upsell:D ). Our actual annivesary is in May when DH cannot travel, so we celebrate either in late March or April. For our annivesary dinner on board, we either eat in the specialty restaurants or in our suite served by the butler. It's SO romantic and special.

Like 7SeasLover, I do all the booking and then let DH know when he needs to schedule his vacation........for either his birthday or Christmas, he gets a special cruise-related present (this year, a gift certificate to his dive shop for new scuba gear!) as a reminder of what is to come........

We have been crusing for 15 years or so and I've never thought to give this as a gift! I like the idea of gift-giving for the Ides of March and whatnot! ha ha ha! What a clever idea.

This is hubby's first experience with a butler and all the other royal treatment. I'm sure he'll be doomed and spoiled for life -- lucky me! ha ha ha!

Our actual 35th will be the following July, but since I detest traveling during summer I'll be happy celebrating it in May! I have now been talking up formal night (photos, you know) and he's actually not balking at all!

Shopping! :eek: I have to go shopping! I can't wear these old rags! :eek: Shopping! :D

Another good thing... hubby must be excited because he already looked up flights and we get TWO free R/T flights to/from Seattle. Yahoooooo! I hate having him gone so much, but I guess the free flights pays off.

So, if he saved THAT much not having to pay for flights, he can buy me a larger gold quartz slide! Yep, I think that's a grand idea. :rolleyes:

So, ok... earlier I posted that happiness is booking a future cruise. NOT! Happiness is telling your husband that for next year's 35th anniversary you booked a penthouse on the Pearl to Alaska!

What a happy discuss at today's 34th anniversary dinner! I told him I had a surprise to give him today, but it's for ou 35th (next year). He said, "I know. A cruise to Alaska." Now that blew me away. How'd he find out??? He said I told him, but it must have been during a drug induced coma or something.

Well, what he did NOT know was that I booked the Penthouse (arranged through one of our own Cruise Critic folks). He had this stupid little grin plastered on his face. He kept asking the $$$, I said never mind. I did, however, get him to agree to pay for the flightsm, all the excursions, plus a gold quartz slide to fit my 10mm omega! heehee! I think I made out!

Anyway, giving an NCL cruise (especially a Penthouse) is a fabulous gift! Ok, no more talking- I wanna go pack!!!

(Renee, thanks for making this happen!)

:eek: well that is quite the gift....Happy 35th Early,lol....so how are you spending the next year waiting,lol :D

• 1 month later...

My first post on this site and what a joy I have had reading way too many threads in the last couple of days. This is an addictive thing!!!!

The first cruise I can recall taking was a 10 day Carribean trip on Home Cruise Lines in 1982. They have passed on in the years since. That trip marked our 25th anniv.

Since then, between family and work...only 3 day Mexican jaunts on Carnival (probably 4 over a 20 year span), then when work and related travel lessened and the nest became empty, we hit the high seas again.

2004 NCL Sun to Alaska with a Vancouver departure. Last year, it was a sternwheeler out of Portland on the Willamette, Columbia and Snake Rivers (great time...150 appox passengers).

2006 adjusting to a more fixed income meant letting the dust settle a bit but wanderlust hit again...along with a 50th wedding anniversiary next year.

Had heard from good pal about the Panama Canal trip (highly complimentary...he was on a Princess ship). Got an email or flyer re:

the NCL Pearl and the repositioning 14 day trip from Miami to LA (our home port).

Called my TA...booked a Penthouse suite in less than an hour and off we go on 4-22-07....if the anticipation doesn't get to us first!

My sincere thanks to all who post on the many threads...I have learned so much about NCL that I did not have a clue existed prior to joining CC.

Dave and Louise

Well, I booked the Pearl for a Southern Caribbean cruise in January for our 44th anniversay. I will use any excuse to book a cruise. An the itinary for the Southern islands is one not offereed by any other cruise line.

I booked the mini suite and this will be my hubby's surprise.

Just hope the Pearl is out and running and getting good reviews beings we are sailing close to her inaugral run

We just came back from the Pride of Hawaii and that was a nice 9 night cruise but the food wasn't great and the staff were still learning. But we had a great time. The shows were the very best.

Archived