Bottled Water

Our experience is that the European bottled water seems to have more sodium than what we're used to here. My wife is very sensitive to sodium and this creates problems for her. We'd love to find a way to take a couple of cases of 'local' bottled water with us. :o

For what it is worth, to the woman who can't tolerate sodium in water, scotch, gin, vodka, bourbon and rye have 0 sodium. So enjoy, but don't use a mixer! This thread has been one of the funniest I've seen, but ultimately less useful than the eternal search for toilets in port cities. By the way, could these water sensitive souls tolerate the tap water aboard ship?

thats all i drink except in europe because it apparently doesn't exist. then when they bring you a bottle, i have to ask where's the ice.

and why are you drinking water anyway? you're on vacation!!!!!!!

HA-HA-HA - This thread has been a spoonful!

It will probably be so very hot and humid in the Med., that your friend will be up for drinking ANY type of bottled water, might even go wild and drink from the community fount in the square!

Also, as Cleopatra mentions, if you don't drink water - then you don't have to hunt down the elusive restrooms!

Thanks again, Ha -Ha-Ha!!!

Sue Z.

Thanks so much for all your quick replies and information. I have passed it on and am sure she will do what she needs to do to ensure her comfort level.

Dragging 24 bottles of water half way across the world will certainly be a challenge!!

Thanks

Good luck --- Europe has great bottled water.

It's amazing what you learn on these boards. How complicated some people can be.

Keep smilin',

:) :) :)

Believe it or not... I drink any where from 1-3 gallons of water a day. Most of it filtered. I know what your thinking so hold on... This is how its been since I was very very young. (I don't do milk, rarely a soda, take no alcohol or coffee and yes, have talked to dr's. take vitamins, etc.) So naturally this brings up the question of my comfort zone when out and about from the ship.

I had no problems with water! Even drank from a fountain in Dubrovnick. I simply went to the nearest Despar or grocery and would pay .33 to .50 cent(euro) per 1.5 liter or so. Had no probleming bringing onboard any extra water. Do keep an watch for "Gas or No Gas" of which I mistakenly purchased in Almafi and in turn enjoyed the "gas" water as it wasn't as strong as it is here in the states. The only and I mean ONLY hard part was seeing the exact same brand & size selling for $2.50 + euro else where. Good luck with ice, just bring a one of those bottles where you can fill it up from the ship to at least stay cold for part of the day.

The best part, the labels where so interesting, that I began to take them off which turn created a wonderful collection allowing me to celebrate and journal the different regions. (just like earlier posts mentioned)

Happy Sailing!

My cat will only drink from the kitchen faucet. Unless, of course, I'm not there to turn it on for her, in which case her bowl or the toilet, whichever she's closer to, seems to fill in nicely.

We spent 10 days in Italy, ordered bottled water, con or senza gas, at almost ever lunch & dinner and never had the same brand price. Tell your friend to Get Out There!

If you are buying water in Europe, here's a tip you can use to tell if it is fizzy or not. (Esp if you don't remember the foreign words to try to read the label)

Squeeze the top of the unopened bottle slightly. If the water is fizzy, the bottle will feel hard. If the water is "plain", you can flex the sides of the bottle a little.

Happy Drinking!

• 2 months later...
We will be in Rome this Sept. and one of the women in our group only drinks Poland Spring bottled water. Can we buy this brand in Rome, FCO or at the port or does she have to drag a case from JFK?? We will also be stopping in Florence and Barcelona so if anyone knows about the bottled water in these ports the info would also be appreciated.

Thanks

Would love to know if this woman enjoyed her cruise???

Is there a chance of an update???

Thanks

Keep smilin'

:) :) :)

On our Western Europe cruise last summer, we bought a 1.5 liter bottle of Aquafina (with a large mouth) at DFW airport and just kept refilling it from the sink in the cabin. We would fill it about 2/3 full and put it in the fridge in the cabin the night before then top it off with ice the next morning. I normally drink only bottle water but found the tap water out of the sink quite good.

Frederick

Archived