Anybody cruise with a baby?

browniegirl

I just found that out - I'm so mad about that because we were looking to get a baby beach tent and all the summer stuff is GONE! HELLO it's still SUMMER! Geez. There was Halloween stuff all over the place at HomeGoods and someone said that Macy's already has CHRISTMAS out!

Anyway I would suggest looking on ebay for baby pools, etc. Look for ones with reasonable shipping.

I haven't decided which pool to keep yet, but if you absolutely can't fine one, let me know and I might be able to send you one of mine.

Leah

Ah, we've got 3 baby pools - a one-ring, a 2-ring and one that I bought to use as a ball pit in the winter. We have an air mattress that came with a battery powered pump that we use to blow up the pools - definitely taking that with us too. I found a patio umbrella at WalMart (at least those were still out) and bought that to use at the beach - this way we can use it next summer for our patio table too.

i don't know if anyone wrote in these things yet b/c i haven't read all of the replies but I brought a pop up tent for the beach and it was really great to keep baby in the shade and to change him, take naps etc. my husband, me and baby fit inside. i bought it on ebay. Also, i usually use ready to feed formula but for the cruise i brought powder and my own bottled water and i carried around the powder singles for going out.

another thing i couldn't do without was my hip hammock(like baby bjorn but to the side)...using a stroller was a little hard on the ship b/c we had to wait for the elevator and everything took longer plus we kept running into ppl....so we just put him in the hip hammock and it was great. he even fell asleep in there.

i also used table toppers for when he was in the highchair and gave him some cheerios while we ate. i notice they use the same rag to clean all the tables so bringing table toppers was great for us. hope this helps!

Hi there, we are going on our first ever cruise in 2 weeks (voyager) with our 20 month daughter. We got a really cheap inflatable pool and are taking a small bucket to fill it - does that sound okay? We also got her a uv swimsuit so if the weather's hot, we don't have to worry about her burning. :)

Anyone sailed the Freedom??

We have the Presidential Family Suite booked for the Sept 24th Sailing, and I was thinking of bringing some DVDs for the babies, does anyone know if the are in the suite or available at all on board??

Also....

I have a 21 month old and I am curius, how this will be for her. We are working on Potty training but not sure we will be where we need to be for her to enjoy the H2O zone. We sailed the Voyager and I remember a toddler Pool My oldest was 4 at the time, so we didnt use it, but I could sware it was there, allthough I have read in these boards that RCI does not have anytype of toddler pool. But then again I read there is a plastic one available on the Freedom.

Anyhelp would ease my concerns greatly. Thanks!!!:)

Love all the tips!

We are going with our son who will be 13 months in Dec. and I am getting more and more excited. We have already made the decision to not even try the dining rooms for dinner - but will take him to the buffet for his dinner, then order room service when he goes to sleep (his bedtime is 7:00). We have a manual baby food grinder/masher that I will be taking - but he mostly just needs his food cut into small pieces (yay for an early teether).

Has anyone done the "Mommy and me" type classes sponsored by Fisher Price on RCCL? Are they worth going to?

We did the mommy and me and loved it. I have heard other negative reviews so I guess it depends on the staff. Our staff girl was great and it was nice to try out different toys than we had at home. My DD was 7 months at the time. We are cruising again with her next month and she will be a year. We are going Carnival this time so no mommy and me. I brought the blow up pool and some nice fellow cruisers helped me fill it and empy it. Everyone LOVED watching the baby play and so many people commented what a great idea it was. I will be bringing it again for her.

We are going with our son who will be 13 months in Dec. and I am getting more and more excited. We have already made the decision to not even try the dining rooms for dinner - but will take him to the buffet for his dinner, then order room service when he goes to sleep (his bedtime is 7:00).

I took my 13 month old twins on a cruise in February and also decided ahead of time to only use the buffet. The second day one of the head waiters came over and insisted that from now on I use the dining room so that I could be served and enjoy a relaxing meal. I'm SO glad he did. It was so wonderful to be taken care of and the girls did great. We ended up having EVERY meal in the dining room - even breakfasts and lunch -because it was actually easier. Please at least give it a try the first or second day and see how it goes. Bring along a couple toys (I brought toys that attach to those plastic links and then attached it to the high chair) and I bet you'll find that it's better than navigating the buffet. We went to the earliest dinner seating and the waiter would bring all of the food as soon as it was ready so we wouldn't be there as long, and we were always ready for a quick getaway in case of fussiness, but it went beautifully.

Have a great trip!

- Mia

Archived